Team-BHP - Mumbai to get Multistoreyed Automated Parking System
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mumbai to get Multistoreyed Automated Parking System (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/32584-mumbai-get-multistoreyed-automated-parking-system.html)

While some places in Mumbai like Shoppers Stop in Bandra already have this system in place, it looks like Zaveri Bazaar will be getting a similar system.

Source -TOI

Mumbai: The BMC, after setting in motion plans for underground parking lots, is now thinking of going vertical.
The civic body has proposed construction of six multi-storeyed car-parking towers at Zaveri Bazaar, one of the city’s busiest districts. All six towers will be 25 storeys high and will house cars that have to be parked along both sides of bustling streets in the Zaveri Bazaar-Kalbadevi area. The automated car-parks will altogether have a capacity to hold 300 cars.
The area, with markets for metal, textile and jewellery trades and both retailers and wholesalers, is always choc-abloc with pedestrian and vehicular traffic (both moving and parked). The car-park is expected to not only decongest streets, say officials, but also help the BMC’s plans to convert some roads in Zaveri Bazaar to pedestrian-only streets. The BMC has already done up the footpaths with chequered tiles and will soon divert all vehicular traffic to Dhanji Street, parallel to Zaveri Bazaar and connecting Crawford Market and Pydhonie. “Many of the local traders’ associations have decided to pitch in by sponsoring closed-circuit television sets, a public address system, dustbins, street furniture, police chowkies and other amenities that will spruce up the area,’’ local ward officer S S Dalvi said on Thursday.
The six towers will come up near the municipal school behind Mumbadevi temple on a 3000-square-metre plot that now has a few municipal chowkies, an open plot and a garden. Local traders have suggested that the garden remain untouched and the towers be built after shifting the existing barracks. “Each tower will not require an area of more than 45 sq metres. The locality is very vibrant and the roads here are otherwise as wide as 60 feet. We came upon this fantastic parking solution when we decided to do something to unclog the roads,’’ a member of the Bombay Bullion Association said. This association has agreed to instal street-lamps and beautify the roadside urinals.
The parking lots will come up on a build-operate-transfer basis. The contractor will be allowed to operate the towers and collect revenue from parking for five years, after which it will hand the towers over to the BMC. The rates for parking will be slightly on the higher side as compared to the rates at other BMC lots.

Finally a city corporation has woken up to one of the most dire needs in India today. The need of the hour is multistoried dedicated parking lots that offer legality of parking as well as a fair degree of peace-of-mind to the car owner

great thought,but wont it be scary to get the car from 25th floor.how much can be the fee for all that ,and most of all safety of the system.are they planning for any sort of backup or support in case of system failure.i havent seen one till date.

There is a multi storey parking system on JM Road in Pune, which has been operational for a couple of months now. I don't remember the exact rate, but it is quite reasonable, maybe around 5 rupees for 2 hours. It's has a capacity of 80 cars with two towers - each tower is about 10 storeys tall. I hope this system works out well, as we really need more of these in Pune.

I will believe it, when I see all six of them.

Couple of months down the line, they will realise that they only need half for parking, and the other half will magically become residential. Rs. 40,000/sq. ft. these days, I hear. " Parking kidhar karne ka?" "Arrey Town mein kabhi parking milta hain kya?" "Jidhar milta hain udhar daalo." Back to square one.

There is one built in Pune. I saw it being made and was pretty scared to let my car go into one of those elevators. I'll click a few pictures when I pass by next.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head (Post 657913)
I will believe it, when I see all six of them.

Couple of months down the line, they will realise that they only need half for parking, and the other half will magically become residential. Rs. 40,000/sq. ft. these days, I hear. " Parking kidhar karne ka?" "Arrey Town mein kabhi parking milta hain kya?" "Jidhar milta hain udhar daalo." Back to square one.

lol:I dont think its possible for anyone to live in tower if you look at the plan.

And here it is:
Mumbai gets robotic car parking.
Mumbai steps up a gear, gets robotic car parking lot

But surprised to see this in the report: "....While the mechanised parking lot in Pune's Sambhaji road — built at a cost of 2 crore — is lying unused....."

Why bhai?

Quote:

But surprised to see this in the report: "....While the mechanised parking lot in Pune's Sambhaji road — built at a cost of 2 crore — is lying unused....."
TN govt in chennai is planning several multi storey parking lots for last ten years, but u can see tthem only in newspapers. practically no progress. like new year, diwali wishes, newspaper publish this and thats all forget about it.

I really hope this takes off, parking is a nightmare in the city and this would help.

Along with this if the government would work towards efficient and comfortable public transport such as the metro/subway in new york, it would help decongest the city of a lot of traffic.

we have a similar ones in pune which is very tall and slim. seems like a 7-8 storeyed building. the harges of parking are just 5 Rs per (one/two) hour. it is fully automated.

i really wonder how they operate so cheap, but i dont take a risk of putting my car into that.