Team-BHP - Where is Ford ! no news about their plans
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Where is Ford ! no news about their plans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/32623-where-ford-no-news-about-their-plans.html)

While all auto makers are busy with plans for an action packed '08 there is no new about Ford or its plan . Their last( re ) launch was Endeavour and from than there has been no news on any upgradation or changes in existing models . They sell some excellent cars aborad and it is a shame they are not selling any such stuff in India .

There was supposed to be a launch of Fiesta 1.6 TDCi but i think they have postponed it and might release it when they facelift fiesta. Rumours are there that facelifted fiesta will be here in 2008 but no idea when in 2008!

Ford will be under pressure as sales took a huge hit in the past few months.

Fusion even with its diesel has flopped (pricing?), while fiesta sales have gone down rather steeply.

Fiesta 1.6 TDCi may not be the only launch in 2008. Benny spotted the fiesta hatch also, which indicates a Swift competitor could also be on the way soon.

I think Ford needs to work-out its dealership service quality and spare parts pricing, or they are going to keep floundering.

They are talking to M&M again. Looks like they need some lessons in marketing in India.

spot on Crazy_driver,

They are working on getting a swift, getz competitor since some time. And do expect a fiesta refresh.

Ford actually has been working on their dealership quality but hasnt been able to accomplish much. The reason being better dealers tend to keep away from FORD.

Ford seems to be working on an engine project codenamed "DV4" based on the DURATORQ platform, Looks like everything is going to be concrete only on JAN 08 and vehicles based on this platform should be out by 09'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 658360)
Fiesta 1.6 TDCi may not be the only launch in 2008. Benny spotted the fiesta hatch also, which indicates a Swift competitor could also be on the way soon.

When they cannot price the Fusion properly, what hope do they have with the Fiesta?

And any chance of the Focus sedan coming out in 2008? That's definitely a driver focussed car.

@Steeroid: Spot on. They already have an excellent hatch back in Fusion, which can be sold like hot cakes. But they are floundering with the pricing and marketing of this vechicle.

Ford dealers show no interest to sell Fusion...forget about giving few basic freebies. So i doubt how they deal with Fiesta hatch.

-Vaspro

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaspro (Post 658716)
Ford dealers show no interest to sell Fusion...forget about giving few basic freebies. So i doubt how they deal with Fiesta hatch.
-Vaspro

Thats not true, atleast here in Gurgaon, Harpreet Ford sales guy follow with me almost every second week, about my decision. Last time he called me 3 days back, telling that now they are offering mp3 players along with 14k discount.

And they are following very patiently even when I told them that the Fusion is so overpriced. I like this car very much. I will buy this car right away if they set the price right.

I had posted this in another thread, shall report it on here.
Focus/Mondeo Q3 Next year.
Hatch only in 09.

Got it from the horses mouth but of late horses are known to be incorrect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 658516)
When they cannot price the Fusion properly, what hope do they have with the Fiesta?

Isn't the fiesta hatch going to compete a segment lower than the Fusion? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 658867)
Isn't the fiesta hatch going to compete a segment lower than the Fusion? :)

Is there any reason for that? Isnt the Fusion a version of the Fiesta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 658870)
Is there any reason for that? Isnt the Fusion a version of the Fiesta?

Must be my mistake, but i think, in the spy- pics thread about the fiesta hatch, they were saying its smaller than the Fusion.