Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 11:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Nice design but whats the use of a car that get stuck in water where a M800 can pass very easily
@abhibh, quick question... "Skoda getting stuck in water where M800 can pass" is this literal? Please share your experience. Does this have to do with the 134mm GC of the Octavia?
Old 16th December 2007, 12:37   #17
BHPian

Thats definitely due to bad service, i got my clutch replaced when my car clocked nearly 80K kms, and that too your car is still under warranty.
So go ahead and file a complaint.

abhibh-Nice design but whats the use of a car that get stuck in water where a M800 can pass very easily

dont think so, i have gone through the flooded highways of allapuzha with my skoda with ease, although it makes you feel like you are in a boat.
Old 16th December 2007, 13:01   #18
BANNED

this is one of the main reasons im staying away from used RS's despite of having sexy price tags and my own garage too.
Old 16th December 2007, 13:06   #19
Senior - BHPian

devil..i can understand where you coming from...krishna auto sales are the sole skoda agency in our area(chandigarh/punjab) as a result these guys think no end of themselves.there service in absolutely pathetic .I know the owner on a personal level and even i was not spared when i went there to get my superb repaired.it took them 3 months to fix the damn electric seat of my car...and now that the sun roof is not working they say they do not have the motor for it and that it may take 2 months before they can source one.Futher the fact that the reliability of the car is not its strongest point makes matters worst. i suggest you talk to the corporate head office about this in aurangabad.
Old 16th December 2007, 15:12   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_666 View Post
Yesterday i had talk with Skoda's Customer support, but they didnt tell me the final decision yet.
Did you speak to anyone at Skoda(aurangabad) ? If not ,PM me for the nos. and speak to the right person before you move to the Consumer Court . Dont rely on your ***** dealer ...
Old 16th December 2007, 16:15   #21
BHPian

well people seem to be troubled by Skoda doing this more so than say Maruti...but remember Skoda IS THE Maruti of the Czech Republic!!! Any way still shell shocked that they are so unresponsive considering that they want to be considered upmarket here in India

Good Luck with your battle, milk em dry!!!
Old 16th December 2007, 16:27   #22

They said the clutch don't come under warranty...
ya i talk in Aurangabad they gonna tell me on Monday whats the final decision.
Old 16th December 2007, 20:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

wasnt it the Skoda OWners going on Dharna sometime ago in the same region? Get in touch with those people. Claim your previous service costs also. Why should you leave your hard earned money with those people who are not supportive at all?

I think this has something to do with the dealer than skoda itself.
Old 16th December 2007, 20:27   #24
BHPian

hmmm have u taken this up with Skoda Auto [as in the company and not just the dealer?] As sometimes the company themselves are much more responsive than the dealers...
Good Luck
Old 16th December 2007, 21:15   #25
BHPian

One thing I forgot to ask you. Did you ever contacted Skoda Sales directly by any means with your issues? My suggestion, if you haven't done it do through email it with scan copies of all proofs.

I know many cases where dealer sell out TD/Used cars and later get in trouble when it come back with issues like yours. But generally the dealers who does it keep a database of such vehicles and when you approach them with issues, will resolve it with top priority and give you maximum warrenty coverage so that you will never complain above the service manager at that center.

So my advice try once contacting directly to Skoda sales , eventhough they not helping you, its another strong proof in court.
Edit: And never treat Krishna Autos' words as Skodas. They are just a dealership they have their limitations.

Good luck
HCP

Quote:
well.. my first bad experience with a great company..
Its starts something like this..
I bought new Skoda Laura in April,2007 from Krishna Autos Ludhiana. I never thought i was making a mistake.. after a month with just a usage of 3000Km.. i faced the problem with Airbags.
after two mounts in july i was in chandigarh & i faced problem with a/c my car showing near 8500km run and its really hard to drive car without ac in those days.
krishna auto took a weak to repair my car. After some days i faced the problem with the rear door window. Problems werecoming from everywhere... then got problems with the car speakers. AND THEN!! a huge problem with clutch start, it was doing slipping. Finally my clutched changed on near 18500 and i paid half payment for it as company refused to pay it..
I got clutch start replaced with a new one.. can you believe i just drove it almost 1500km after the replacement and clutch stopped working.. its completely failed to work..

Its simply unacceptable, that clutch failed after using it for 1500km... i don't know its a negative point of Skoda Laura or bad servicing and repair.. of Skoda workshop.

Now skoda is simply refusing that its not their fault.. and they are tending to move backward.. not accepting input from my side. I got call from Krishna Autos today evening they said that I have to pay all the repair amount. This is something which is pinching me a lot after all i faced with this car..

I am thinking to give a visit at Consumer court.. and put my point forward there.. i just want a suggestion from you friends.. tell me how should i move forward.. what is the best thing to do now..
waiting for your replies..

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 16th December 2007 at 21:17.
Old 16th December 2007, 21:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
@abhibh, quick question... "Skoda getting stuck in water where M800 can pass" is this literal? Please share your experience. Does this have to do with the 134mm GC of the Octavia?
My uncle skoda during summers rain got stuck at night in the water. The whole road had a lot of water (lot of other cars were also stuck Indica V1, Laura's, Indigo, Accent Petrol). I went to the rescue on M800 and did whole 1 KM on that heavy water flooded road.

The total bill came out to be 68K and the reason was the water went in turbo or something. I will try to get more details and the bill copy ASAP.

1 more incident - My chachaji skoda was stuck in water too during rainy season last year. The total bill came out to be around 35 - 40K but the whole work was done from an outside garage. And that same skoda is lying in front of office refusing to even start now.

Last edited by abhibh : 16th December 2007 at 21:42.
Old 17th December 2007, 11:20   #27
BANNED

my ultimate ? is that can we repair skoda in a normal workshop. i have mechs who work on imports. for example hummers and bmw and stuff so i was wondering if they can fix this too. lets say u buy a used RS and want to service it can they do it or does it need special air cleaning crap whatever skoda calls it. what about those lights popping on and off how to get rid of them too. i think all u skoda owners need to put up a sticky. what does wrong in skoda and when. parts cost out and from showroom. since fabia is coming more ppl are going to get stuck with skoda.
Old 17th December 2007, 11:51   #28
Team-BHP Support

Hey buddy, I read somewhere that Laura owners in Ludhiana went on a Dharna, did you also go?
Old 17th December 2007, 12:28   #29
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sorry to hear about your Laura experience. But for you to get the best advice here, a few clarifications would be needed"

Quote:
i faced the problem with Airbags.
What specifically went wrong with the airbags?

Quote:
i faced problem with a/c my car showing near 8500km run
Again, what specific problem with the air-con?

Quote:
a huge problem with clutch start, it was doing slipping. Finally my clutched changed on near 18500 and i paid half payment for it as company refused to pay it..I got clutch start replaced with a new one.. can you believe i just drove it almost 1500km after the replacement and clutch stopped working.. its completely failed to work..
Inexcusable!! Is this a manual Laura? Just shows the shoddy worksmanship of that dealer.

Quote:
I am thinking to give a visit at Consumer court.. and put my point forward there.. i just want a suggestion from you friends.. tell me how should i move forward.. what is the best thing to do now..
waiting for your replies..
If you are serious about seeking legal recourse, this article (ARTICLE: What to do if you are stuck with a lemon (Defective car)) will surely help.

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2007 at 12:29.
Old 17th December 2007, 12:29   #30
BHPian

Catch the dealer to task then Write to Autocar and without thinking further move to the court, certainly quite surprising that a new car to give such problems that too Skoda, probably there is more fault on the dealer front. Really Pathetic Dude !!!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks