Team-BHP - SUV question
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SUV question (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3280-suv-question.html)

Greets all,

I had written sometime back re Land Cruiser prices. I have now located one, 93 model in good shape, new alloys/tyres, DVD player/amp/subs etc. Asking price is 9 Lakhs.

My criteria for an SUV is 7-8 passenger capacity, good off/on-road performance. OK, so two questions:
1. Would you go for the LC?
2. Would you wait for the new Toyota Fortuner SUV out in India by end 2005? (anyone know anything more than what Autocar published?)

Gears,
RedOne.

hey redone ,

9 lacs i think is a little more than wat u shud expect - try and negotiate ......u mite just manage to squeeze in 7 people in the land cruiser ...........

and yeah - my logic says if u want a car now , buy it now - no use speculating abt the cars coming in the future.....u need a car - go get it .....

and yeah i would go for the LC but around 8lacs max.....

cheers

check out the autocars s jan issue the fortuner is a baby prado i ll insist you to wait for the fortuner,the 93 lc is a great vehicle but think its too old for now and spares being too expensive because they are being imported through private dealers the dealers charge huge commision on them aprt from the whopping taxes,i think the lc will need spares frequently.

Hey Redone

I have read on the Fortuner in this month's ACI. Lemme tell you, they seem to be impressed by it. So am I. Actually with a 3.0 litre D4D pushing 163 horses, it really seems to be a beast. Its got great interiors as well as exteriors. While they claim to be pricing it in the 10-12 lakh range, i expect it in the 12-14 lakh range with on-road prices being in the 13.5-16 range.

Should you wait? Of course you should, provided you have time till September next year, since that's when they plan to launch it. If you think September is too late, head to the market and buy that LC. Or you might get lucky and a get a used Endeavour going for a steal. Choice is yours.

Revv

well
redone..
if u can afford spares for the LC then go for it but ask for a better price...
otherwise look around for an used endeavour that is if u can wait till toyota launched the fortuner ....
pick up the jan issue of autocarindia ...
i garuntee u will fall in love with it ....

Even I would suggest you to wait for the fortuner, it looks very solid and has got the true SUV style and even the performance shold be good.

Hey redone,
If i were u,i wud search for a used Endeavour in the market if i need the car now.Else wud`nt mind waiting for the Fortuner till September.
But leave out the LC as its kinda outdated.I`m not saying its a bad car.Its better than the other 2 anyday,but then rather than buying a 93` car for 9L which might have sum major overhaul repair work to be done.Rather wait and put in sum more money for a new car.
The choice is yours.

X