Team-BHP - most improved car of the year
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   most improved car of the year (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3306-most-improved-car-year-2.html)

the ford ikon 1.3 is also selling like hot cakes bcoz of the cut in price and nice improved fe

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
The Accord I would term as more of an entire generation replacement than an improvement. Ditto for the NHC.

GTO

agree: with GTO. I think the most improved model would be the Indica.

well ...
actually i was expecting more octy 1.8 rider as this has improved the old rider by a huge margin but i guess tata also has to get credit ...
however i wish they would remove the wheel archs or put fatter tyres there

i think even the Merc C does deserve sum aclaim..?

I agree with Satish. The Palio NV is among the most improved cars around. In the J.D.Power results too the Palio turned up as the most improved car. The very fact that it was the second least problematic model in it's segment proves it.
Octy RS is another much improved one as is the rider.

My guess would be the Indica. The car is the same, the same engine, the same chassis, the same 'rubbery-pot-of-goo' gearbox, but is a much better car now than when it was first launched. The Refreshingly New Indica V2 is much better proposition now it seems than even the Not So Refreshingly New V2 that it replaced. I don't know if the Octy RS can be called an improvement as it has not replaced the Rider, but is a variant. The Rider maybe considered though over the Ambiente, but I wonder how significant the changes are. Also I should think, that generation changes should not qualify.

i think even the sumo has vastly improved :lol:

hey ported head...
im talkin bout the rider 1.8 which comes with the same 1.8 lt engine as the rally sport ....
its a big improvement over the rider 2.0 lt one which is also available in indian markets

:eek: sorry for goin offtopic i also think that the safari petrol has been a vaste improvement, as well as E 270 CDI mind blowin diesel..:thumbsup:

ya but a beter crdi is gonna be launched this year ....
waiting till then

The Indica / Safari / Sumo have been the most improved cars in this year. Quality levels have really gone up. Panel gaps are even throughout. Paint/interior quality have improved.

Also we could also count the Ambassador as an improved car. Though the facelift is very mimimum, the car has really been improved in the last year. Although it doesnt sell anymore it has atleast been improved upon.

lamborghini u mean accent Crdi??

nope
i mean the safari crdi but it should produce more then 115 bhp maybe 130 ...
after all its a 3.0 lt crdi engine...
shouldnt it

cant say abt tata their 2000cc produces 90 bhp so 3000 cc is expected wid atleast 135 bhp?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
hey ported head...
im talkin bout the rider 1.8 which comes with the same 1.8 lt engine as the rally sport ....
its a big improvement over the rider 2.0 lt one which is also available in indian markets

Hey Lambo, I still think it doesn't qualify. They haven't discontinued the 2.0L Rider in lieu of the 1.8L engine. They are sold together. A more powerful engine would anyday make the car better to drive. It would also bring the FE numbers down. So it would improve the car in some respects, while it could be worse in others. Hence, variants would probably not qualify. Sumo and Safari could be in the battle for consideration though.