Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 14:09   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Found a new photo claiming to be the artist ommpression.

Source : Artist’s Impression: Tata Abarth 1-Lakh Car?
I thought it is ZEN ESTILO's picture.
Old 21st December 2007, 14:27   #47
BHPian

It will cause traffic problems doesn't mean that TATA should not develop such a car which is environment friendly, highly efficient and easily affordable. It will be a great achievement for an Indian car manufacturer to have all these in one car. As for traffic, Government need to look into it and not TATA.
Old 21st December 2007, 21:35   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
It will cause traffic problems doesn't mean that TATA should not develop such a car which is environment friendly, highly efficient and easily affordable. It will be a great achievement for an Indian car manufacturer to have all these in one car.
Well Said, I guess some people fear this will be like another Mobile phone revolution that eliminated status symbol image of mobiles.

Why low cost bikes, which are fuel efficient are not criticised? and not compared with Diesel Bullet for the mileage?

Yes, there are Lexus, BMW, Audi, Merc, Camry... owners wants Sub 10 Lakh cars to be banned from the road to avoid congestion

Quote:
As for traffic, Government need to look into it and not TATA.
Old 22nd December 2007, 03:31   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unlikely as this does not leave much space for the engine to occupy at the rear. The car could be more cab-forward than this.
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:25   #50
BHPian

is it end of bajaj auto rickshaw ?

Me think, TATA are targetting to create a new market inbetween the auto/rickshaw and the call taxi (OMNIs) and am sure in many places like Delhi there would be govt. support to phase out autos just like what hyd did to those 7 seater rickshaws (not allowed into the city) ?
Old 22nd December 2007, 23:38   #51
BHPian

well if this is an indication to what the car looks like, then I say that it's a brilliant effort. the car is pleasing overall, as a VFM car for the masses...
Old 23rd December 2007, 09:17   #52
Senior - BHPian

25 kpl must be measured in standard test conditions with only one man aboard with no a/c on a constant speed of 50/60kph. Actual should be somewhere close to 15.

Do you remember that Bajaj Chetak ad? Sardar uncle with his full family on the scooter. Uncle, his wife and his two kids (one standing on the footboard in the front and the other squeezed b/w his parents). I believe the Tata 1L is what they were waiting for.

A used 800/Alto will definitely be the 1L's direct competition. But there are many people who buy a car with a 5 year plan strategy. That they will keep the car for atleast 5+ years and then move on. A brand new 1L to keep for the next 5 years will be a better bet than an already two-three year old Alto/800.
Old 25th December 2007, 20:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to buy a Pulsar 200, but due to the recent accident of close friend and family talks on safety, they have advised me to go in for this 1 lakh car...and I firmly believe this would be one of the strongest selling points of the car apart from the price that if met with an accident, the chances of surviving are more...
Old 25th December 2007, 20:51   #54
BHPian

If its giving 25 kmpl on petrol then how much on CNG/LPG?
Fill it ... Shut it ... Forget it? i.e much cheaper than running a bike with the best mileage?

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 25th December 2007 at 20:53.
Old 25th December 2007, 21:16   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
If its giving 25 kmpl on petrol then how much on CNG/LPG?
Fill it ... Shut it ... Forget it? i.e much cheaper than running a bike with the best mileage?
CNG tank+4 people in the car+AC = u ll need to push the car up flyovers
And as the tatas said if the car has 30 bhp and 800 kinda acceleration the gearing must be really short for that to happen.So no top end.

Last edited by humyum : 25th December 2007 at 21:19.
Old 25th December 2007, 21:25   #56
BHPian

cannot be an avg less than 18, since it already is a 600cc engine and lower powered. The Wagon R, Santro, XETA all give an Avg FE of around 15.5 compared with 16-18 offered by Alto and 800.
Old 25th December 2007, 22:21   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
CNG tank+4 people in the car+AC = u ll need to push the car up flyovers
And as the tatas said if the car has 30 bhp and 800 kinda acceleration the gearing must be really short for that to happen.So no top end.
hmmm if you are already getting around 25KMPL, then is there any need for CNG/LPG?
Also I highly doubt that anyone buying this car is going to buy it for the top end, or any performance related aspect!
Old 25th December 2007, 22:30   #58

Quote:

I don't think it would look anything like this. I don't think they can afford to give much contour to the car, that will just take the manufacturing costs up.

And why would it have an antenna at the top?!? I don't expect an audio system in it (for the justified reasons of the prohibitive costs).

I don't expect the day/night switch on the rear view mirror either. It may well be a plain day mirror.

I don't expect body coloured rear view mirror, and what looks like the small fog lamps either.

TATA will be hurting other car manufacturers and themselves, if the One Lakh car looks anything like this. Seriously, why would anyone think of Indica, if the 1L car looks like this.
Old 25th December 2007, 22:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hmmm if you are already getting around 25KMPL, then is there any need for CNG/LPG?
Also I highly doubt that anyone buying this car is going to buy it for the top end, or any performance related aspect!
The difference between this car and the 800 is not going to be much as maruti is definately not going to keep quite.
So 800 has a powerful engine/fuel efficient/has a better top end than this car.
So basically this car can only be used in the cities where as the 800 can be used on the highway too.So why will people not go for the 800 by paying a little more?
Old 25th December 2007, 23:07   #60
BHPian

I believe M800 is different segment there and is no point comparing 1Lac car with that.

The indica Zeta is more VFM than its counterparts but it sells less. So there will be takers for both M800 and T600 (Sounds better). One Advantage i can see is Suzuki will bring Common rails Engines for for A & B segments.

Any Idea what is the progress on Hydrabad based MLR motors (It was heading by Ex Hyundai India President BVR SUbbu then) that brings a competition to Alto?
I have heard that they are also working on Small common rail and Mileage on Test condition will hit 40+KMPL.cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks