Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2007, 23:23   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hmmm if you are already getting around 25KMPL, then is there any need for CNG/LPG?
Also I highly doubt that anyone buying this car is going to buy it for the top end, or any performance related aspect!
People will go for CNG/LPG option especially taxis 100% sure about it and many many of them especially in the cities where CNG is available. You know Indian Janta dude. They will save save and save no matter what will be their ride quality and 1 lakh car can take them from one place to another. That's it.
Enthusiast will never never never ever go for such cars for performance. They are very much Economical Cars, and best option to make it more and more economic is to add cng /lpg.
Calculate dude... You will get the ans. why people will opt for cng/lpg options. If they will use 1 lakh Bucks on petrol on the car and car runs 50,000 km with 25 kmpl (petrol round off to 50 rs). and on CNG lemme guess.. let us take 40 paise max (10 paise higher than the calc) per km on cng because of its small engine... Rs 20000 of cng to cover 50,000 km (a rough calculation).
Dude you save 80% of the total cost of the car. i.e 80,000 Rs saved.
Correct me if i'm wrong.
Regards

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 25th December 2007 at 23:26.
Old 26th December 2007, 12:12   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
People will go for CNG/LPG option especially taxis 100% sure about it and many many of them especially in the cities where CNG is available. You know Indian Janta dude. They will save save and save no matter what will be their ride quality and 1 lakh car can take them from one place to another. That's it.
Enthusiast will never never never ever go for such cars for performance. They are very much Economical Cars, and best option to make it more and more economic is to add cng /lpg.
Calculate dude... You will get the ans. why people will opt for cng/lpg options. If they will use 1 lakh Bucks on petrol on the car and car runs 50,000 km with 25 kmpl (petrol round off to 50 rs). and on CNG lemme guess.. let us take 40 paise max (10 paise higher than the calc) per km on cng because of its small engine... Rs 20000 of cng to cover 50,000 km (a rough calculation).
Dude you save 80% of the total cost of the car. i.e 80,000 Rs saved.
Correct me if i'm wrong.
Regards
Your calculations make CNG/LPG too tempting, But will it have room for thr the cylinder and how will it perform with a heavy CNG cylinder???????????
Old 26th December 2007, 19:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
Your calculations make CNG/LPG too tempting, But will it have room for thr the cylinder and how will it perform with a heavy CNG cylinder???????????
just like we can see many very old M800 running on CNG/LPG in Delhi. Old M800 was about 33 HP I think and that too carborator engine. Correct me if i'm wrong.
This one will be MPFI, Just a guess. People will use it for going from one place to another.
We can't expect it to run like zooommmm... even on petrol.
No Offense But Bajaj Auto Rickshaw with 173.52cc 6.5 BHP Kerb weight of 345 Kg also runs on the road (CNG), fully loaded with 3-4 people on board excluding driver. The TATA one is 25 HP Car. 600 CC, kerb weight bet. 600-700 kg. CNG/LPG will make its performance to 15-17 HP Car. But people will not look at its performance, Infact they will see how economical this car will be. If they will go for the calculations done above.
We have Small Cyl for filling upto 12 kg gas for CNG. Its thin and will fit for sure. I guess cyl for upto 8 kg is also available. (I heard about it but not sure).

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 26th December 2007 at 19:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks