Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 12:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

PICS : Indian SX4 sedan SPORT prototype!

Hi guys, it so happened that today, in the morning, I went to MSM (bodyshop workshop) in Okhla Industrial Area II for a touchup paint job & 2nd servicing of my SX4. And to my surprise, saw a voilet SX4 with full body kit wrapped. I was curious as SX4 does not have a voilet color offering and the body kit also have a side mounted wheel fenders. I went to have a close look and took a close up snap with my mobile phone. But within a minute, I was told not to take snaps and within 5-7 mins, the vehicle was driven down to their underground workshop. The car has a Haryana registration and no seats. What was interesting was that, the color of the body kit does not match in the two sides. In one, they have a nicely painted black and the other side in nicely painted grey. When the service supervisor took my car to the bodyshop area (underground) to have a closer look by their technicians and estimating the time required, I again saw the car parked with 3-4 persons and I talked to them asking if they were owner and how much was the cost for the whole modification. But it happened, that they were actually from Maruti and they were experimenting with a prototype of possible sport version. when I told them, I too have a SX4 and love the modification done, they started taking interest in my view and asking me, how the profile, color combination etc., was from the front, side and back. After spending 15-20 minutes relaying my views and how the side fenders can be modified to have a more aggressive and rally look (like the WRC SX4), I asked them when they are going to launch. One of them said its gonna be soon and probably will make it to the Auto Expo 2008. When I told them that I was not able to get the standard MGA body kit in any dealership, one of them gave me his visiting card and said to contact him in a week so that he can arrange one directly. The price is around 29K for the whole. And it turned out, the guys is a Brand Manager, MSIL according to the card. He said, he can even arrange for a modification, once a sport edition is finalised.

Here are the pics: (sorry for the poor quality and size, taken from camerphone)

Last edited by tsk1979 : 19th December 2007 at 13:45.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:39   #2
Team-BHP Support

i dont like the side of the bodykit. but what really matters is whats under the hood?
Old 19th December 2007, 12:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

And they still aren't interested in homologating it for the INRC!
Old 19th December 2007, 12:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dont like the side of the bodykit. but what really matters is whats under the hood?
yes, me neither..that's what I told them.. but with a unicolor, it would look great, IMHO. I forgot to ask about the engine spec, though! But likely, its the same 1.6.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:51   #5
Team-BHP Support

if the engine is also the same and the wheels are the same then the only difference is the colour and the bodykit. not much of a prototype.
Old 19th December 2007, 12:52   #6
BHPian

Its possible they are readying a jazzed up version for the Auto Expo as a dispaly car !!!!
Old 19th December 2007, 12:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

I reckon the SX4 WRC will be displayed at the auto expo!
Old 19th December 2007, 12:56   #8
Senior - BHPian

I guess adding the skirts would compromise the ground clearance.. which is one of the plus points of the SX4. Not an ideal mod for Indian road conditions.
Old 19th December 2007, 13:11   #9
Team-BHP Support

You could as well watermark the pictures-

Other sites may 'politely' make this their world exclusive!
Old 19th December 2007, 13:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey guys ,that was the car they are planning for the auto expo.i was informed that about 20 cars from msil was being readied at NTF-now an oe supplier for the body kits for mail.it can be one of the cars from that.anyways nice scoop.sports edition means nothing new under the hood but the sports kit.
ram
Old 19th December 2007, 14:14   #11
BANNED

Why does the pics say bahrur.com?
Old 19th December 2007, 15:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Why does the pics say bahrur.com?
Only the original poster can clarify this but my initial guess says that Bahrur and iTnerd are one and the same. Nice blog / personal page - Mr. Iphan.

I hope Suzuki grows some cojones and plonks the 2.0L in this.
Old 19th December 2007, 16:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

i cant see the picture.. whats happening?
Old 19th December 2007, 17:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

Thats a regular SX4 modified by the owner IMO.
Old 19th December 2007, 17:38   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats a regular SX4 modified by the owner IMO.
BUSA - If that were true, the owner is going through way too much effort to pretend that he is driving a prototype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
When I told them that I was not able to get the standard MGA body kit in any dealership, one of them gave me his visiting card and said to contact him in a week so that he can arrange one directly. The price is around 29K for the whole. And it turned out, the guys is a Brand Manager, MSIL according to the card. He said, he can even arrange for a modification, once a sport edition is finalised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks