Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 14:44   #331
girishbhat

I'm sure this will effect the 2 wheeler sales, especially scooters like Active, Kinetic and scooty. Many working women and elderly people may opt for Nano as it is safer than scooters.
Anyway nice job from TATA.

End of 2008: Think about the traffic situation....

Old 10th January 2008, 14:45   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
But how much would you get for your Wagon R now (same goes for me)....with the launch of the Nano our small cars' resale value goes for a big BIG toss

When a new car is introduced and if it becomes popular, only the cars in the immediate next segment will get affected. Hence I think resale value of only the M800 will be affected because of Nano. Wagon R/Santro resale values should remain unchanged.
Old 10th January 2008, 14:50   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
The car does look impressive. But the final verdict on the car will have to wait till we see how it perforns on Indian roads. Two concerns:

1. The 624 cc engine. How will it perform on ghat roads and long drives? Will it have the legendary reliability of the 800 cc engine of M800?

2. Safety: Looks like the front seat occupants do not have much protection in case of a head-on crash. Bonnet space is pretty small.
The MCC-SMART comes with a similar 625cc rear engine which takes the car upto 110kmph. and has been proven. Im sure Tatas have done a very close study of these engines and accordingly developed their engine.
Has a similar FRP body, just that the tridon is re enforced and has gone thru all sorts of crash tests!! similar would be the case with this NANO.
These cars are NOT meant for the highways. Just for town.city use. The NANO should have a speed limiter at maybe 80kmph[which inanycase is the max official speed limit in our country even on the expressways!!as yet.
Ive also owned a 500cc fiat of the '70s and been around with 4 people, though sluggish but That was an Old generation engine and Tech!!
Old 10th January 2008, 14:52   #334
BHPian

it really is a remarkable achievement from Tata - hats off to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro View Post
90 KPH top speed (claimed) and rear-engined...rear-wheel-drive then?
rear wheel drive? wonder if it can be used to try some drifting
Old 10th January 2008, 15:00   #335
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. I'm so happy that an Indian company has done something like this. Purely for city driving it would make a lot of sense. Especially in the Metros (except Delhi) were average speed is around 25 kmph it would be an ideal car.

shajufx: you can't sell your Wagon R and buy 4 Nano's with that money. :-)

The bottom will fall off the second hand car market.

And yes we can expect more jams. But if the government is cribbing, then they need to find a solution not keep finding faults. Already some minister has enquired where parking spaces would be available. He shouldn't be worried, coz when he comes, they'll clear the whole area for him !! :-)
Old 10th January 2008, 15:02   #336
BHPian

for that price a design like that is truly a treat
forget the engine and horsepower. the styling is great
Old 10th January 2008, 15:08   #337
BHPian

Well, in Bangalore while commuting to office, one thing that I almost always notice is that there are bigger and bigger cars all with just 1 driver who is mostly an IT guy (that includes me). We all need cars and separate one at that because our timings are so different from others - car pooling is out of question for many of us.

For such crowd, TATA NANO makes perfect sense as the second car used for only office commute.

And I am looking forward to that change.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:09   #338
BHPian

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Its heartening to know that TATA dint compromise on asthetics to keep costs low. Now so many cars look like a complete rip-off.

But, Just 33 Bhp? Could this car pull four adults around town?
Old 10th January 2008, 15:15   #339
BHPian

If nothing else, it is good looking. If Suzuki thinks he can compete with this car in India using M800 he will devalue himself and his brand in the process.

If Tata can fit a battery powered motor it can even be a great eco-vehcile, golf-course / resort internal transport, etc.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:16   #340
BHPian

Awesome job !! We are proud of you Mr. Ratan.
It was a sensational moment when I saw the car live. It was so damn beautiful and that is what I liked about it. Yes it is cheap and all that but you need to like the car. Well I ended up loving it. Will definitely get one for my wife pretty soon after its launch.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:19   #341
BHPian

Good work Nano Team..! Hope to see some cars on road..!!
Old 10th January 2008, 15:19   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
But, Just 33 Bhp? Could this car pull four adults around town?
even the M800 is just 37 bhp and this car should be lighter. don't think they'll be too different in city driveability
Old 10th January 2008, 15:22   #343
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone else feel that the pedals are too skewed to the left (Picture on Pg.21)? I hope it is to do with the angle that the photograph was taken in.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:25   #344
BHPian

Good work done by TATA

We have to wait and watch, how this car behaves on Indian roads.

The top end will cost around 1.5-1.6 (my guess)(all accessories included). so surely the 2nd hand market of b seg cars will fall.

This car was made keeping in mind 2 wheel drivers and there families. But see where it is going.. ppl are ready to bargain there bigger cars for this

i am sure, we all are dying to take the test drive. any ideas, when will it hit the showrooms?
Old 10th January 2008, 15:30   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Dude, its going to be not more then 1.3L OTR.
According to NDTV
CAr 100000
VAT 12500
R.Tax 4000
Insu 3500
Total 120000/-

Wow ! This achievement is like the one Bugatti. One word by the top man in the company. Media played its trick . Competitors tried to mock the statement. hmm after 6 years you get Veyron and after 2 years you get TAta 1 lac car. Indeed a very credible achievement.
Kudos To Mr.Ratan for achieving this feat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks