Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 15:32   #346
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoquattro View Post
90 KPH top speed (claimed) and rear-engined...rear-wheel-drive then?

With such a top-speed we will never see this on the highway (which is nice)
My experience is that the M800 doesn't go much beyond 90kmph especially if there are a few km on the odo. But you still see it on highways. I would be surprised if I don't see the Nano on the highways, especially in the Indian context. With the low running costs, short trips of about 200 km for 4 people could be a possibility
Old 10th January 2008, 15:37   #347
BHPian

There is a transportation charge you are overlooking.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:41   #348
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
According to NDTV
CAr 100000
VAT 12500
R.Tax 4000
Insu 3500
Total 120000/-

Wow ! This achievement is like VW owned bugatti bringing out Veyron. One word by the top man in the company. Media played its trick . Competitors tried to mock the statement. hmm after 6 years you get Veyron and after 2 years you get TAta 1 lac car. Indeed a very credible achievement.
Kudos To Mr.Ratan for achieving this feat.
Why do we forget transportation charges, octroi, dealer margin. Also we need information on the warranty and free services. Maybe these would not come within the 1 lakh price
Old 10th January 2008, 15:41   #349
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Can anyone makeout till how much is the speedo calibrated?
I think its calibrated till 120kmph.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:50   #350
BHPian

Road tax 2% for cars upto 4 lacs.

So it should be 2000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
According to NDTV
CAr 100000
VAT 12500
R.Tax 4000
Insu 3500
Total 120000/-

Wow ! This achievement is like VW owned bugatti bringing out Veyron. One word by the top man in the company. Media played its trick . Competitors tried to mock the statement. hmm after 6 years you get Veyron and after 2 years you get TAta 1 lac car. Indeed a very credible achievement.
Kudos To Mr.Ratan for achieving this feat.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:50   #351
BHPian

I want one...or two or three.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:51   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
The quotes of Mr Suzuki were in the repeatedly show in the background.
Probably that was the best part of the presentation Tata really made him eat his words.
Beautiful car, maybe too early to comment on its capabilities, but definitely this will bring questions to public's mind - why other car companies aren't even putting half this effort to reduce costs? Aren't they bothered or are they ignoring the poor?
Old 10th January 2008, 15:53   #353
BHPian

Hat's off to Sir Ratan Tata.

Finally, people's car gets the name from its originator - Sir Ratan 'Na'val Tata.

Apparently Tata Sumo gets name from Tata's legendary management leader Sumant Mulgaonkar, head of then Telco.

I guess, Tata's have followed the tradition. The most ethical company in India.

Kudos to Tata's
Old 10th January 2008, 15:54   #354
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone feel a little disappointed with the photos on the website ? Looks too toyish.
Old 10th January 2008, 15:55   #355
BHPian

A great effort by TATA!

so how is it going to come to the hands of customers?! There were rumours that dealers will get CKD kits from the company and the same will be assembled and delivered to the customers!! Or will there be option to purchase the CKD kits and assemble it oneself???! Any news on this front?!

hmm.... its life, reliability factor, quality aspects etc are other side of issues to be discussed!!! Anyways... Let it roll on the roads first!!!!

cheers: TATA!
Old 10th January 2008, 15:55   #356
BHPian

Check this site.
base

Already updated in Wikipedia :-
Tata Nano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10th January 2008, 15:56   #357
srh
BHPian

A few observations:
1. The car has independant front suspension
2. The rear configuration (differential) looks very much like the Bajaj Ricks
3. The relative positioning of the seat Vs dashboard seems worse than the Indica. Visibility will be hampered for short people.
Old 10th January 2008, 16:11   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Does anyone feel a little disappointed with the photos on the website ? Looks too toyish.
Yes. I feel so. It actually looks very bad to me. But then, we heard all that, it is for 1 Lac...at this, people will not care abt looks blah blah.....

But fact of the matter is, we really need to figure out who exactly will buy it?
I know people commenting on a car like Logan, such as "a car, which you dont like to be seen in".... and for this car, they are all ready to compromise the looks, the so called image, etc etc.

I urge people not to get fanatic about the car. And start thinking on how we can plan to avoid traffic jams, if this car turns out to be a hit...
Old 10th January 2008, 16:12   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Not at all disappointed. IMHO, its a great looker for a car that would cost a shade above 1 lac OTR. Far Far better looking that the M800, which is the closest rival! To me, this is a sure-fire success.

To some extent I would agree that it looks toyish, but look at the positive side of looks. It is a cute and futuristic-looking car.
Old 10th January 2008, 16:14   #360
Suryam

From Tata Motors - Media Centre
Quote:
Stylish, comfortable
The People’s Car, designed with a family in mind, has a roomy passenger compartment with generous leg space and head room. It can comfortably seat four persons. Four doors with high seating position make ingress and egress easy.

Yet with a length of 3.1 metres, width of 1.5 metres and height of 1.6 metres, with adequate ground clearance, it can effortlessly manoeuvre on busy roads in cities as well as in rural areas. Its mono-volume design, with wheels at the corners and the powertrain at the rear, enables it to uniquely combine both space and manoeuvrability, which will set a new benchmark among small cars.

When launched, the car will be available in both standard and deluxe versions. Both versions will offer a wide range of body colours, and other accessories so that the car can be customised to an individual’s preferences.

Fuel-efficient engine
The People’s Car has a rear-wheel drive, all-aluminium, two-cylinder, 623 cc, 33 PS, multi point fuel injection petrol engine. This is the first time that a two-cylinder gasoline engine is being used in a car with single balancer shaft. The lean design strategy has helped minimise weight, which helps maximise performance per unit of energy consumed and delivers high fuel efficiency. Performance is controlled by a specially designed electronic engine management system.

Meets all safety requirements
The People’s Car’s safety performance exceeds current regulatory requirements. With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body. Tubeless tyres further enhance safety.

Environment-friendly
The People’s Car’s tailpipe emission performance exceeds regulatory requirements. In terms of overall pollutants, it has a lower pollution level than two-wheelers being manufactured in India today. The high fuel efficiency also ensures that the car has low carbon dioxide emissions, thereby providing the twin benefits of an affordable transportation solution with a low carbon footprint.
(For more information: Tata 'NANO' - The People's Car from Tata Motors )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks