Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2008, 13:09   #271
BHPian

Congrats to Tata Motors and Ratan Tata for a superb hot car which is cost effective as well as has a modern design. This will be the Most selling car in history of India due to its specs / designs as well as technology. Tata needs to just make its service network stronger and more customer focused and then there will be no looking back for it. World Over this car will make more heads turn than BMWs and Mercedez have. It's quite close to the red car whose link was posted here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post683383

Even Bajaj could not resist and it has also come out with somewhat of a similar design but even that is not as cute as the Tata one. The base design is Estillo / Matiz one however it has been customized for the 21st century. I'll certainly go out to buy it.

Tata has revamped all its product models and is really getting agressive for 2008 and onwards. Tata Motors - Media Centre

Hats off to you Mr Ratan. You made India and us at Team-BHP feel proud !!!!! I just hoped that you would have continued leadership of Tata Motors for at least 5 more years. This would have been a great turning point for the Indian Motor Industry under your leadership.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:11   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Awesome work by TATA, definetly proved their critics(READ MS) wrong.

Can anyone provide the link of the official launch- (video) by any news channel?
A wonderful invention indeed. Here is a link:-
First look: Tata's 1 lakh car unveiled-Auto-Broadband - Indiatimes.com
Old 10th January 2008, 13:12   #273
BHPian

Hats off Ratan tataji and your team.. You deserve the Bharat Ratna highest civilian award.

This car looks cute than Bajaj's lite car. The way Ratan Tata presented it to the media is very good and indeed Mr Osamu Suzuki's quote of "impossible to produce at 1-lakh rupees with features of ac and saftey", was flashed in the presentation.

This is one classic example of dream come to true.. dream it and get it done. I think all TV channels should show a episode on the engineers who made it.. Infront of this achievement, I think achievement of Maruti engineers when creating the swift will be a dub and snub...

though the car gives the mileage of 22kmpl in city and 26kmpl in highway may equivalent to some of the cars, but costs a whole 1.0 lakh cheaper than the marutis.

If it is in diesel, it will become a smash hit as everyone will opt for this because of fe, practicality..
Old 10th January 2008, 13:13   #274
Senior - BHPian

I wish all car prices would be re-rated by the manufactures... Anyway, will they face the heat after its commercially launched? If so, they have another 6 month to keep fooling us around.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:14   #275
BHPian

I think we should be starting discussions on mods, accessories and ICE pretty soon! Really cool, unbelievable and am still stunned!
Old 10th January 2008, 13:14   #276
SUV
BHPian

Guys .. Check this link Tata Motors People's Car
Old 10th January 2008, 13:15   #277
Senior - BHPian

Ishaan... Upsize time
LBM... Start deciding SP, SPL or some thing even better
Viper... Start checking Tri-phase compatibility

C'mmon guys.. do it fast we need to decide on K&N or Green too, and what about leather upholstery and sun roof...

Old 10th January 2008, 13:16   #278
BHPian

Im very impressed wit the car.. I din't expect it to look so good, and those scoops above the rear wheel arch make it look somewhat sexy even. Kudos to Tata for pulling it off.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:16   #279
BHPian

NANO looks cute and comes for 1 Lac to the dealer and is expected to come for about 1.5L ~ 1.75L OnRoad.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:17   #280
BHPian

Tremendous achievement Mr Ratan tata and group. Hats off!!!
Old 10th January 2008, 13:17   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Also what is the diesel specs?
No diesel variant yet. RT did mention that TML has been a diesel company and pretty soon we can expect one.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:18   #282
Senior - BHPian

Ratan Tata is a man of words and he has proved it. It is indeed a 4 door small hatch. Very Very commendable effort from Tata. Today a new chapter has been written in Indian automotive history.

Congratulations to Tata Motors. They have done us proud
Old 10th January 2008, 13:20   #283
BHPian

Salute to Tata

There is no word to describe my feeling. I am very very far from India now. But what a car Tata's have built. Looks gorgeous for a price tag of 1 lac. The spec, FE so far revealed, are quite attractive at this price range. It's a day to be remembered in the auto industry around the globe. We have touched a milestone. And what a speech! How analytically yet how humbly Ratan Tata replied back all the criticism. Ratan Tata, you are my man. Simply a hero! Hats off to you.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:22   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
NANO looks cute and comes for 1 Lac to the dealer and is expected to come for about 1.5L ~ 1.75L OnRoad.
That's not correct. Ratan Tata clearly mentioned that the car will be priced at Rs. 1 Lac except for VAT and Transportation in the hands of the customer. With VAT, Transportation, Insurance and Road Tax, final price should not be more than 1.3 Lacs.
Old 10th January 2008, 13:23   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
1.25 OTR for the base version. Since the time Tata has given the word to design the car till today the input costs have gone up by quite alot, but since he has promised he has set the price at 1L

Quote:
Ishaan... Upsize time
LBM... Start deciding SP, SPL or some thing even better
Viper... Start checking Tri-phase compatibility

C'mmon guys.. do it fast we need to decide on K&N or Green too, and what about leather upholstery and sun roof...
The Accesories will cost more then the car.

The way Tata motors is functioning currently, i think they deserve to be the manufacturer of the year. New Indica, Sumo, 1 Lac car, Indigo CS and what not, fantastic.

Most Viewed