Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2008, 14:51   #136
BHPian

Fiat Palio-2008, Is it coming??

Seeing the deals offered on Fiat palio, does it look like a new model is in queue (Palio 2008)?

If yes, then does anyone has any information?

Is it a deal by fiat or a clearance sale ?

The Palio-2008 looks hot in terms of feature and surely will beat any other car in segment.

**Lets not talk about Linea and GP is speculated !

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2008 at 15:03. Reason: Search before creating new thread
Old 10th November 2008, 15:11   #137
BHPian

Fiat is launching so many cars is good. I have also heard that the total number of new car launches in the next 12 months, i.e in 2009 is 50. It’s astonishing to know that the year 2009 will see 50 new car models even though the economic recession has hit the car market.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2008 at 15:18. Reason: Font tags
Old 10th November 2008, 17:35   #138
BHPian

Linea out in Dec 08
Source: Fiat_india website
Old 10th November 2008, 22:38   #139
BHPian

Yes,

It is listed there in the fiat-india website. It has no further informations, and the link cannot be clicked for further info. But since its an announcement from the company website, it should be true
Old 10th November 2008, 22:47   #140
BHPian

yes lets see.
7 new models!

fiat is gonna close down before they know it. hehe
any ideas how much a side view mirror of palio costs!! 4k bucks ( maintanance , spare part cost , and dealer network make or break a auto company!!) fiat will be costly to maintain, spare part cost will be between hyundai and honda not skoda range hopefully!!
and dealer network has got a step son attitude towards it!
in india competetion is from maruti and hyundai upper segment hyundai and honda. God save fiat!!
Grande punto will be priced at 10+ lakh!! no hope!! linea might be able to hold it. but it will be a tough call..
Old 10th November 2008, 22:55   #141
BHPian

I hope some sensible model's are launched,and expect an improvement in the after sales service as well
Old 11th November 2008, 14:28   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
At this time when I am planning to upgrade from a used Santro to a new car and while my brain and my heart keeps on pulling me towards palio and my wallet towards a more practical city car,say WagonR, the news of Palio 1.3 Lt multijet is adding to the tussle. But I can hear a distant voice at the back of my mind " go for palio...go for palio.....go for palio"

WagonR is indeed a very good car if city-highway ratio is 80-20 like me. BUT ! where else would you get a "TANK" @ 5 Lakh?
So be it ! I am applying for the "Palio Club" here on TBHP, 1.3 or 1.1.
Amen !
Well the new Palio stile is no longer the tank Palios used to be. Its very light comparatively. I remember I was once driving a friends Brand New Palio(Old one) And an accent Hit palio at back. Accent's bumper was history with Hardly any detail of any kind of accident on the palio.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:34   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
Grande punto will be priced at 10+ lakh!! no hope!! linea might be able to hold it. but it will be a tough call..
Can you please specify your source for this information. We have been hearing for a long time now that GP will be around 6Lakhs Max. This piece of information if true is very disheartening. Bravo too at 15lakhs and now Punto too 10+. Somehow I have my doubts this cant be true.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

probably it is indeed (turned out to be) in the 10 lakh price range and thus Fiat's hesitation in launching GP.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:41   #145
BHPian

i was told that initially they will go the CBU route ala Civic hybrid! they dont have the resource to localize it! this is true for an extent to linea too. but not as dangerous as CBU routing!
Old 11th November 2008, 15:53   #146
BHPian

Who said FIAT is costly to maintain? If you have not owned a Palio, then do not complain. FYI, Palio (retro) RVM assembly costs around 1100/- and not 4K bucks. Do not spread rumors. Agreed that spare parts rates are moderatly high compared to their counterparts, but it is not that high. Even regular spare parts are priced competitively. May be new Palio Stile body parts be expensive, as they are imported and not locally manufactured I guess.

If you seen in other threads, FIAT recently slashed its spare parts prices.

Usually when companies promote that they will launch 7 models in 2 years, that may include face-lifts, new engines etc..

Till 2010, FIAT will launch only Linea, GP, Bravo and might well be supported with Palio Multijet with their famed gearbox C510 I guess. I think they are waiting for Honda to launch its JaZZ so that indian public are receptive towards the B+ segment cars like Fabia and JaZZ for premium pricing and for market to mature.

Quote:
yes lets see.
7 new models!

fiat is gonna close down before they know it. hehe
any ideas how much a side view mirror of palio costs!! 4k bucks ( maintanance , spare part cost , and dealer network make or break a auto company!!) fiat will be costly to maintain, spare part cost will be between hyundai and honda not skoda range hopefully!!
and dealer network has got a step son attitude towards it!
in india competetion is from maruti and hyundai upper segment hyundai and honda. God save fiat!!

Last edited by mahadev_kc : 11th November 2008 at 15:56.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:59   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i was told that initially they will go the CBU route ala Civic hybrid! they dont have the resource to localize it! this is true for an extent to linea too. but not as dangerous as CBU routing!
I do not know the source of your information, but I am positive that I read many interviews from Fiat India officials who say that the delay in launching Linea and Punto is mainly because of localization, in addition to other issues. If I remember right, Linea will be at least 70+% localized at launch time with plans being put in for 90% localization.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:06   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who was the genius that told you about the GP coming via CBU? It amazes me that you actually thought people are going to believe what you posted above! From the day Fiat announced that they will bring in the Linea and GP, they have maintained that the cars will be manufactured at their new Ranjangaon plant. Everyone here, except you, knows that the new plant can manufacture 1 lakh cars and 2 lakh engines annually. Part of the reason for the delayed launch of these cars was the commissioning of the new plant.

Stop spreading rumors and don't post threads if you don't have anything worthwhile to share.
Old 11th November 2008, 16:08   #149
BHPian

we recieve news letters! per se from all major automobile manufacturers! this news is from that..

latest one is even bajaj auto is thinkin of reducing the volume of their new two wheeler platform with Bosch ECU
this for end 2009 SOP and yes if we guys agree to this deal we will be doing it at a loss!!. still we guys are trying hard to convince top level management that if this time also Delphi gets the deal just like Bajaj P220 you can kiss bajaj goodbye as a customer

yes my friend bought a ORVM for the palio last week its indeed 4k bucks!!
peace out
sameel
Old 12th November 2008, 11:43   #150
BHPian

Linea launch confirmed for Mid-December!

with Amit!

Check out todays article at ET:
Car majors postpone launches- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Linea will be available in 1.3 multi-jet diesel engine and 1.4 FIRE petrol engine. It will roll out from Fiat’s newly established Ranjangaon plant in Maharashtra and will be in the price band of Rs 6-8 lakh. Grante Punto, another locally assembled model from the Fiat stable, was supposed to be launched in December and will now come in the first quarter of 2009. Next in line is its luxury hatchback Bravo, whose launch timing is yet to be finalised.

“We are operating jointly with Tata Motors. There has been a spate of launches, including Tata’s new cars. As our vehicles are jointly marketed with Tata Motors we want to space our launches and do not want to confuse customers with frequent roll-outs. Both these cars are volume products. We aim to clock sales of 2,000 Lineas every month, so a right market strategy is being pursued,” Mr Kapoor added. Fiat’s sales grew 34% to 2,782 cars during April-October. Overall car sales grew 3.5% to 6.99 lakh in the same period this year from 6.75 lakh last year.

Cheers~

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks