Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 14:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Cinquecento will be worth it, considering BMW plans to sell the Mini at around 16 Lacs.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:04   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Palio 1.3 MJD is the only one which looks practical. Rest is all hoopla. But atleast Fiat is making attempts to be visible.
yeah remember the days when we had the ambassadors, cielos and the FIATs !!!
Old 20th December 2007, 15:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^
yep just reported to Mods about the Duplicate Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 15:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The Cinquecento will be worth it, considering BMW plans to sell the Mini at around 16 Lacs.
A basic Mini will cost 20 lacs mumbai minimum,cbu and can go upto 30 lacs. while the 500 will cost 12 lacs, mumbai!
Old 20th December 2007, 15:23   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
All looks crap, except the 1.3 diesel Palio.
Not for me, at least the Ferrari one
Old 20th December 2007, 15:27   #36
BHPian

I am also looking at the LINEA launch, if it happens in '08.

Palio with Multi-jet? IMO it is too late and may excite only FIAT lovers. Let FIAT be content with the patent revenue from Suzuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Is this not sending a confusing signal to people? Is Fiat trying to put its two feet in two ends of the spectrum?
Well, nothing new in that.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:39   #37
BHPian

WOW! This is good news!!! Atleast my next car should be a FIAT. But the question is will they be launching the same models that they already have with them? I just had a check on the Palio in the Fiat global site and saw that the interiors were totally different compared to the Indian version. If the same cost cutting happens with Punto and Linea it wont be good.

And another question is that how Linea is going to perform with the same 1.3 engine (They say it is going to be powered, but still will it work out?) If it is a success definitely I would like Linea to be my next car. It looks extremely good.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:53   #38
Senior - BHPian

The only thing exciting here is the Palio Multijet and Linea sedan.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Guys, take this report with a container full of salt. The article doesn't quote any Fiat India or Tata official on any of the supposed launches.

I will wait for AutoCar India or some other automotive magazine quoting the Fiat boss confirming this. Or they should make an official announcement about this at the auto expo.

I think Fiat will showcase it's Fiat 500, Bravo and other models at the expo to get a feedback on them and then decide about any launches. By the way, I read somewhere that Fiat plans to make a sedan bodystyle out of the Bravo for developing markets. The Bravo sedan for 15 lakhs will be a steal!
Old 20th December 2007, 16:47   #40
Senior - BHPian

Container full of salt as in ocean container for shipping or normal `atta' container. Perhaps if Fiat launches 7 cars in India in next 24 months, then either the Italians do not know maths or alternatively, Fiat worldwide plans to be bankrupt in 36 months. Only time will tell if Fiat will ever be successful in India in its present 5th (or is it 7th or 11th) innings!. How many lives does a cat have.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Really amusing to see so many speculative reports (apart from this one) being posted on this forum, which is just a waste of cyberspace.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:51   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
A basic Mini will cost 20 lacs mumbai minimum,cbu and can go upto 30 lacs. while the 500 will cost 12 lacs, mumbai!
Sir, i meant BMW is officially launching it in India at a expected price of 16Lacs for Mini One.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Container full of salt as in ocean container for shipping or normal `atta' container.

Container as in ocean container for shipping.

Looks like Adil Darukhanawala had a dream yesterday about Fiat.
Old 20th December 2007, 18:34   #44

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

finally its time for all the fiat owners to rejoice.
i'm waiting for the comparison between the palio 1.multi jet and the swift ddis.(same engine) to see which is a more fun to drive car...and then i shall post in the palio 1.6 vs swift ddis FTD thread.
Old 20th December 2007, 20:23   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Guys, take this report with a container full of salt. The article doesn't quote any Fiat India or Tata official on any of the supposed launches.

I will wait for AutoCar India or some other automotive magazine quoting the Fiat boss confirming this. Or they should make an official announcement about this at the auto expo.
until we get an official release from either Fiat or Tata this is all a bit speculative. Only the Palio MJD looks certain and if they can price it right it has a good potential to end Swift's dominance.

Let's wait for the pricing and marketing agenda for this version...

We still don't have any idea whether they are going to come out with the MJD in the same tune as Maruti's or in different tune. And what do they do when they plonk this into the new Tata Indica?

I feel Fiat/Tata should come out with something to differentiate themselves with DDIS on market.

Most Viewed