Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 11:09   #1
BHPian

Delay in getting the RC book for a new car in Pune?

Hi Friends,

I bought a new getz from Kothari Hyundai on 01-Sep this year. It's been almost 3 months, and I have not yet received the RC book. The dealer says that the RTO is taking time and sometimes the delay can be as much as 6 months.

Does anyone know if this is true? Can anyone who has bought a new car in Pune (post Sep), confirm whether they have received their RC book.

Do you think this delay is dealer specific? And if so, is there anything I can do? I have already written to Kothari's customer service email id, but have not received any response so far.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Cypher
Old 20th December 2007, 11:16   #2
BHPian

Hi Cypher,

Even I am yet to receive the RC book for Spark bought in Diwali (8th November 2007). Worse, Pashankar Auto hasn't even handed me a copy of Insurance policy, inspite of my repeated follow up.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:16   #3
BHPian

RC-Book delay due to the authorities is something I have also been hearing for about 3 months now.

Am currently driving aorund with a challan that states that registration is under process with a circle number quoted on it.

I have purchased my Indica from Han Motors, Bombay and the situation with the MH02 circle seems to be the same.

The RC card, as it is known, is scheduled to take some more time.

I'd be happy to hear of any t-bhpians who have circumvented this issue.

Cheers
Old 20th December 2007, 11:45   #4
BHPian

Thanks Shrikanth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Am currently driving aorund with a challan that states that registration is under process with a circle number quoted on it.
Did your dealer give this to you when you bought the car, or did you have to ask for this separately. I don't have any document other than the purchase receipt. The dealer says that it will suffice with the cops, but I'm not so sure.
Old 20th December 2007, 11:50   #5
BHPian

Hey Cypher,

I had to ask the dealers for it as the very 2nd evening after purchase I was caught up with cops ( during a routine midnight check-up ) and they insisted that I get such a document from the dealer - despite the purchase invoice.

I wanted to remain on the safe side and do the needful - as my better-half also drives around in this Indica and didnt wanna have her go thru any hassles.

But, the problem remains - RC card is an issue though.

Cheers
Old 20th December 2007, 12:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

This a common problem with Pune RTO I am not sure if this incident was for my ZMA or My Alto but the papers came very late almost 3-4 months I believe & the reason was that RTO has run out of Stationary

Except for my Pulsar in 2003 which was delivered with all the papers(BAL company showroom does not deliver vehicle without registration) Both ZMA ^ Alto papers took time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth
IMHO this is acceptable even by the Police but only for a limited period I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT - Pashankar Auto hasn't even handed me a copy of Insurance policy, inspite of my repeated follow up.
This is wrong & dangerous Please report it to General Motors it they are doing so. Insurance primarily needs engine & Chasis numbers. In all my vehicle insurance papers were given right at the time of delivery. Dont take it lightly as its very risky to drive without insurance.
Old 20th December 2007, 13:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

I got delivery of my SX4 on October 21 and was told the RC card would come after 45 days. The dealer says it will still take another 15 days.
Old 20th December 2007, 13:55   #8
BHPian

Amit, Technocrat, Srikanth, CaAT -
Thanks for your responses.

Looks like this is a common problem, and we don't have any choice other than to wait. :(
Old 20th December 2007, 14:45   #9
BHPian

In Pune,now RC is handed over in smartcard format.
Hence there is this delay.Dont worry guys.
Old 20th December 2007, 14:48   #10
BHPian

Yeah its not just Pune, here in mumbai same state of matters. Huge delay due to that smart card thing. Its takeing almost 3 months or more to get RC book.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is just another excuse for the slow process of Getting RC, even with paper, things weren't moving much fast.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:16   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I haven't recieved my rc book from the pimpri rto. Its been almost 2 months
Old 20th December 2007, 15:26   #13
BHPian

Why cars? its happening with 2 wheelers in pune as well. I purchased Honda Dio from Pashankar Auto, for my wife, on Vasu Baras day this diwali (6th Nov I guess) and I am yet to recieve the RC book. Reason given by Pashankar?: "now a days RTO is issuing RC on smart card and thats taking some time, kab ayega, hame pata nahi" BTW, they have given me rest of the papers which I can keep with the vehicle just in case traffic police stops the vehicle for document check.

Why the govt departments just dont stick to what they have been doing since ages. Only purchasing new technology/equipments is never going to help. Are they capable/trained to use it?
Old 20th December 2007, 15:48   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
This is just another excuse for the slow process of Getting RC, even with paper, things weren't moving much fast.

In fact the smart cards should have made processing faster, rather than delaying it.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:20   #15
BHPian

Thanks Technocrat, for the advice.

Called Pashankar Auto yesterday and to my pleasant surprise received a call from them couple of minutes ago that the smart card and policy docs are ready. They are personally hand delivering it to my residence by evening.

Cypher,

Please check with your dealer once again. THe lady at Pashankar Auto told me that RTO has cleared most of the backlogs and the presently the waiting period for RC book/smart card is trimmed down to less than a month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks