Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 23:42   #46
BHPian

Yeah me too, had to read the reply 3 times to get the clear picture, but in the end i think i understood.
Old 22nd December 2007, 01:50   #47
Team-BHP Support

Xenons / Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaaaaasss View Post
The things got out of hand as the blame game started that we had installed xenon lamps in the car but to their surprise the same suspension problem happened with their demo car.
I won't comment on the suspension problem as it should be covered under warranty by BMW without any issues.
Regarding the xenons, however, if the owner's had xenons installed by the dealer, then BMW is obliged to cover them - if they were installed outside by a third-party then BMW will refuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
My boss bought brand new 7 series and with in a week there was huge cut in front tour...and BMW refused to take the responsibility...we got all the tyres replaced from market.
No car (or tyre) manufacturer has ever offered a "fully covered" tyre warranty. Tyre warranties are hugely limited with a lot of fine-print.

It's just recently (within the past 3 months), that BMW (BMW North America) has introduced a no-questions asked full replacable tyre and wheel warranty (seperately purchasable, ofcourse).
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to say, but the driver's assumption seems quite atrocious.. And how long after bying was this huge cut in the front 'tour' or tyre was discovered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
later on the boss's driver assumed that the original tyre were not right for our kind of climate...
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

Yeah, since when is someone's driver a good judge of anything? He probably damaged the tyre by driving over / into something sharp and then wanted to cover his ***, so came-up with his "assumption"!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 22nd December 2007 at 13:38.
Old 22nd December 2007, 13:52   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
BMW use a CAN (car area network) to distribute electronic signals to the ancilliaries. It is not as straightforward fitting xenons and it is quite possible, it corrupted the whole system.
CAN is used only for control signals between various sensors,components like ESC,ABS,TCS,ECU ....etc.Its not for electricals.But fitting Xenon's is a complex modification of the lighting system and it may have overloaded the cars electrical systems causing the failure.

Even a lose nut can cause the wheel to fall off at speed,unless it came loose from the front suspension which is unlikely unless there was some damage earlier.Fitting bigger tyres will never cause a wheel to come off,at most it may damage the shocks etc.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 22nd December 2007 at 13:53.
Old 22nd December 2007, 14:09   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
...Fitting bigger tyres will never cause a wheel to come off,at most it may damage the shocks etc.
Improperly re-seating the wheel after changing tyres and not securely tightening the wheel nuts sounds like a logical explanation to me. Like I said earlier, we need the full facts, but the story does sound a bit sketchy to me.
Old 22nd December 2007, 19:06   #52
Senior - BHPian

So I read through the thread on the Autocar forum and now I really think something is amiss here. The guy who posted the thread is busy mouthing-off about how there are British people heading BMW India and the laws in India were made by British people and blah blah. Maniac.
Old 23rd December 2007, 21:35   #53
Senior - BHPian

Recently on TBHP I read somewhere about a gearbox heating problem of a Merc by a new buyer that took quite long to solve amicably.

Reading this post about the beemer, it set me thinking about something that is slightly off-topic.

Can we have some data about the percentage of problematic BMWs vis-a-vis where there are no complaints at all - specifically related to India?

The reason for asking is this after all whether it is a BMW, Merc, Lamborgh, Rolls or any other globally reputed vehicle, it is a mechanical thing and glitches and failures are bound to happen and do happen. There is nothing called as infallible trouble free 4/2 wheeler. Only that such instances with these reputed manufacturers is far and few.
Old 24th December 2007, 10:26   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Obviously there are too many grey areas and unanswered questions about the car; I request the owner of the car to PM me a clear / concise outline of problems faced.

Until then, this thread shall stay closed to avoid futile discussions.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks