Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 14:41   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even KBK has some issues with the Xenons in his 325i. I am sure BMWs are assemebled here

Quote:
I'm sorry, but what's a front "tour"?
Maybe door.

Last edited by BUSA : 20th December 2007 at 14:42.
Old 20th December 2007, 14:49   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I guess he wanted to mean 'Tyre'.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Maybe a bit of German there. Tor, Tür or Tuer is door, so possibly he meant front door
Old 20th December 2007, 18:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

oh my god. 32 lac is not a small amount and if they cant even provide good support and can cancel the warranty to save themself, what is the point in geting such a premium car... Btw, the thread says, the front wheel came out while driving!!!! Man thats dangerous and what explanation they provided for this? Seems like a cielo story, AC burnt, seat burnt etc... I am sure if you approach the consumer forum you should definetly get some releif...
Old 20th December 2007, 18:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

put in on paper and send them a legal notice. Also get it in the Media, they will go crazy if the media covers this. Also take them to Consumer court. This will set them right. And yes sometimes when the Xenons which have a Ballast do give problems if the voltage is not set right. See these are highly sensitive cars and much depends on Electronics but it is ridiculous to say that the warranty is void. Sue these guys and write to BMW GMBH. Im sure they would like to know what their Indian counterparts are up to with their name.
Old 20th December 2007, 19:27   #21
Team-BHP Support

I do not think the dealer said that the Xenons caused the suspension failure You guys just got confused and made it sound so hilarious. I understand that this guy changed the tyres, probably upsized as well. According to BMW that is why the suspensions went kaput.

Xenons caused the electricals to go kaput. My my... at this rate someone will lean on the bonnet and the whole car will just crumble and fall down and BMW will say that you exerted undue pressure on the bonnet and that caused the whole body shell to go weak. ROTFLMAO
Old 20th December 2007, 19:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

guys,

i have some difficulty believing this. why aren't we seeing any photos of the damaged car?

if one was to pay 32l for a car and gets ripped of, do you think that person will just wail about it or drag the dealers a** through the whole showroom of his??? hell, we would do it even for our 3.5l Maruti's!!!

unless I see some supporting facts, i place my bets on BMW.

Note: no offense meant to the anyone, just my 2cents!
Old 20th December 2007, 20:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
guys,

i have some difficulty believing this. why aren't we seeing any photos of the damaged car?

if one was to pay 32l for a car and gets ripped of, do you think that person will just wail about it or drag the dealers a** through the whole showroom of his??? hell, we would do it even for our 3.5l Maruti's!!!

unless I see some supporting facts, i place my bets on BMW.

Note: no offense meant to the anyone, just my 2cents!
I agree 100%.
Also the guy who called Bird automotive and asked was me.
The dealer said Xenon messed up electricals and new rims (Non BMW) messed suspensions.
Also they cancelled warranty as they can under user license agreement, just like iphones , where apple not only did void warranty on modded phones but also left many unoperable after an update and did not think they had to answer to consumers who do not follw the agreement license.
Old 20th December 2007, 21:35   #24
Senior - BHPian

We are seeing this from the customer perspective only. We are being biassed by the sympathetic side we have towards the customer, whilst we dont know the complete details yet. BMW on the otherhand is actually making waves everywhere else with their maintenance plans.
Old 20th December 2007, 23:14   #25
Senior - BHPian

Oh it's not your car. I thought it was zaaakkkaaaas complaining about his own vehicle.

Well, these cars have an awful lot of complicated electronics these days, with those self adjusting and adaptive lighting and sorts, so I don't know how it would react to aftermarket xenons. The quality of install would matter a lot in such cases. If you go to Milan Subway to install xenons in your 3 series, you need help.

I'm guessing there is a good solid other side to this story that nobody here will now. I'm sure BMW had good reason to cancel warranty. They don't want to make wrong moves at such an early time, in such a potential market.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this is bad BMW

As mentioned by many of you, 2lakhh is not small, but a huge amount of money. And even after spending so much money this type of treatment is not what one deserves.

Its a shame that we are not given Xenon on 32lakh car. VW does give them in the under 30Lakh car. Fitting xenon cannot/mustnot mess up with the entire electricals. I never knew that the engineering of BMW is so great that even fitting Xenon can ruin seat adjustment motor!!!

Yes it overloads the system, but it Must not result in a burning of compressor and motor.

I also saw someone say that it would be wise investing in an extended warranty. But even with the extended warranty, things would be bad becasue BMW would have anyway cancelled the warranty.

BMW must be told that even after fitting Xenon in 7.21lakh Baleno and 10lakh Innova, all the motors and the compressor are working fine.

About the front wheel coming off, BMW would have been in the court in US/developed countries! The indian legal system, well the less said teh better. After 1,00,000 km on the odo, the wheels of 800 , a car that will cost less than one tenth of 32lakh, does not come off.

BMM must not go for sales to beat merc in this fashion. India is a tough market and tackling in this manner will only shut the shop.

Getting in touch with some automotive mag. may help.

I feel really sorry for
(i) The treatment given to Indians by BMW i.e. the cars made in India by BMW are not at par with those made in forigen countries.
(ii0 The weak electrical systems of almost all the cars in INdia i.e. the headlights of almost all the cars in India are not effective in our conditions.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:08   #27
BHPian

Well i agree,
1. BMW cannot get away with treating the so called luxury segment owners like crap, as sooner or later it will diminish their image.
2. The self adjusting lights on BMW could require more extensive knowledge of the process which might have been overlooked by a noobie.
3. Until and unless the original poster of the issue, posts some pics to prove his point or decides to take it to another level I am with BMW as
Cancelling WARRANTY just like that will Definitely ruin their rep and I doubt BMW would want to leave India by 2009

So lets wait and see what comes up as I am taking personal interest in this matter and am waiting for the 320d owner to give more info.
Cheerscheers:
Old 21st December 2007, 11:09   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

I feel really sorry for
(i) The treatment given to Indians by BMW i.e. the cars made in India by BMW are not at par with those made in forigen countries.
(ii0 The weak electrical systems of almost all the cars in INdia i.e. the headlights of almost all the cars in India are not effective in our conditions.

Says who? Its easy to pass judgements on letter such as this when you don't even know if it is true. On what basis are you judging the quality not being at par with foriegn countries?Have you driven an Indian assembled BMW?

That does our weather condition or road conditions got to do with the effectivness of the headlamps !?

Last edited by Sahil : 21st December 2007 at 11:11.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:27   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Its a shame that we are not given Xenon on 32lakh car. VW does give them in the under 30Lakh car. Fitting xenon cannot/mustnot mess up with the entire electricals. I never knew that the engineering of BMW is so great that even fitting Xenon can ruin seat adjustment motor!!!

BMW must be told that even after fitting Xenon in 7.21lakh Baleno and 10lakh Innova, all the motors and the compressor are working fine.

About the front wheel coming off, BMW would have been in the court in US/developed countries! The indian legal system, well the less said teh better. After 1,00,000 km on the odo, the wheels of 800 , a car that will cost less than one tenth of 32lakh, does not come off.
BMW use a CAN (car area network) to distribute electronic signals to the ancilliaries. It is not as straightforward fitting xenons and it is quite possible, it corrupted the whole system.

wheels falling off sounds wierd.

THe sniffers on the Autocar forum will surely investigate and make a story if credible. They did it on t-bhp!!!
Old 21st December 2007, 11:33   #30
BHPian

you pay 32laks for the 320d and dont get xenons with it? the only 3 series beamer one should buy IMO is the m3 or 335i.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed