Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 16:17   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Jerry, This is the Yeti We're speaking of : Skoda Yeti, 2006 Yeti | Conceptcarz.com
sorry zak.i missunderstood.
Old 27th December 2007, 16:17   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Also another question on the Swift breaks: Does Swift offer the disk breaks on all four wheels ? Or is it only on the front wheels ? I heard Fabia comes with front disk breaks and rear drum breaks.
Swift comes with front disk and rear drums.
Old 27th December 2007, 16:17   #213
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Does anybody have an idea whether the spares for Fabia would be as highly priced as Octi... hope not otherwise see lots of Fabias in second's market after some time.
For sure, the spares will be more expensive (if we know Skoda India well). Overall cost of upkeep can be expected to be higher than its competition.
Old 27th December 2007, 18:57   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I heard Fabia comes with front disk breaks and rear drum breaks.
Yupp, thats true.

_____
Old 27th December 2007, 19:38   #215
BANNED

In Europe only Fabia Model 3 and RS gets front and rear disc
Old 27th December 2007, 21:35   #216
Senior - BHPian

Read the ACI review and looks like Skoda has a winner if priced right. But IMO, it is more in the Fusion-SRV segment rather than the Swift-Getz-UVA. It seems even the lowest spec variant has Airbags, which is cool, considering Swift VDi and Getz CRDi don't even offer airbag as an option. Now the question remains, will people spend so much on a hatchback. Or will this one change the hatchback mentality in India?
Old 27th December 2007, 22:55   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Read the ACI review and looks like Skoda has a winner if priced right.
Please can you somebody point me to where I can read the ACI review. Is it online ? If it is is there a URL ?

I have seen many members mention this review but nobody posted a URL. I would appreciate if somebody can post the URL.
Old 27th December 2007, 23:02   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
In Europe only Fabia Model 3 and RS gets front and rear disc
Does it mean the Model 3 is not equivalent to Elegance model offered in India. ?

It is my understanding that Model 1 = Classic, Model 2 = Ambiente, Model 3 = Elegance. Is that not correct ?

If it is offered in Model 3 in Europe I wonder why they are changing it in India on the Elegance model which to my understanding is the higher-end.
Old 27th December 2007, 23:26   #219
BHPian

Fabia is cool

Looks like Fabia is gonna rock! Sad that they did not include the automatic climate control even in the top end. According to ACI, the elegance has sunroof, projector headlamps and parkatronic (reverse park assist) over the immediately lower version. The mid version has ABS/Airbag/Alloys/MP3 player as standard. Which is pretty ok.

After 6 months of waiting I got a swift diesel allotted. The showroom guy wants me to pick it up asap else, it would land in the hands of the next person in the queue [talk of predicaments]

Fabia's website for India is not bad at all! Also, I saw big hoardings like "Do you feel special" in Chennai. If Fabia is as cool as it has been projected, I plan to pick one in Chennai and use it in Bangalore. [My guess is that Fabia booking would have been closed by now in Bangalore - Lot of people would be roaming around with 50 Grand to book the car in Bangalore ]

Look at the waiting times in Bangalore:
Swift DDiS- 8 months [They now say 5-6 months and dealers dont take bookings]
Getz CRDI - 4 Months
Swift Petrol - 1 Month
i10 - 6 weeks+ for top end

I'd rather get my car in Chennai and change registration [by paying exorbidant tax in Bangalore than wait 1 year]
Old 27th December 2007, 23:31   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please can you somebody point me to where I can read the ACI review. Is it online ? If it is is there a URL ?

I have seen many members mention this review but nobody posted a URL. I would appreciate if somebody can post the URL.
Buddy, I don't think you will find this online yet. Probably 1-2 months down the line, you might find it in ACI website. Its the Jan '08 issue that I'm referring to.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:31   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For sure, the spares will be more expensive (if we know Skoda India well). Overall cost of upkeep can be expected to be higher than its competition.
Just putting in a connector

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-rest-10.html
Old 28th December 2007, 00:42   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It seems even the lowest spec variant has Airbags, which is cool
Just read the ACI review, that means Skoda will not sell a single car without airbags

All Skoda cars in India has been having airbags. I am starting to like Skoda alot.

@ ac427 - ACI says there is the noise, i told you 3 cylinders do make more then 4 pot engines.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:53   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Just read the ACI review, that means Skoda will not sell a single car without airbags

All Skoda cars in India has been having airbags. I am starting to like Skoda alot.
Also keep in mind the exorbitant maintenance of the airbags and the replacement costs if it has to pop out in a false alarm situation. Yes, there has been instances which I know when the airbag popped out when some earlier Octys and Astras hit potholes at some good speeds. But for safety's sake, it is a small amount to pay.
Old 28th December 2007, 00:58   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Please can you let me know where can I read this ACI review. Is it a hard copy that one gets to their houses when subscribed or is it online I can read some place.

I live in the Seattle, WA (US). I appreciate if someone can point me to online copy somewhere.
Old 28th December 2007, 02:22   #225
Senior - BHPian

Its hard copy, not available online. You can get it after a month or to on ACI's site.

Most Viewed