Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2007, 20:43   #256
BHPian

lets wait for a detailed review about fabia
Old 28th December 2007, 23:08   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Why hatchbacks arent real cars?Then why subaru made hatch back for wrc to compete against Citroen c4 and Ford Focus.So how can you say hatchbacks are not real cars?
Yeah! And an ICEd hatch can kick the @$$ of an identically ICEd sedan to the moon and back.

And seriously, I'm a hatch guy. I prefer hatches. Especially ones with all the features and comforts stuffed-in. Between a hatch and a sedan (with the same features, engine etc), I'd always take the hatch -- even if both cost the same.
Old 28th December 2007, 23:30   #258
BHPian

@AirWind: I spoke to the TAFE dealer in Bangalore today - He said it was not possible to pay for me @ TAFE Chennai (I am right now visiting Chennai) and book the car in Bangalore - I didnt press further for more complicated stuff like registration.

-----------------------------

And, my view of people roaming around in Bangalore with 50K checks in their packets was plain wrong - Chennai is crazier! When I went to the Gurudev Motors showroom, the guy had just received his 97th check for 50,000!!!!

It would take 4-6 weeks for delivering cars. (Holy crap)

I almost thought of sending 50K check over a courier to TAFE bangalore [The dealership guy mentioned in Vinayak motors cut the phone when I called him and did not return the call ]. I am not sure what would happen after buying the car.

The Skoda guys are plain crazy - I really liked the orange color fabia that is featured prominently throughout their brochures - But, they are not launching Fabia with that color - And, I dont like any other color (Blue looks pretty ok, though) - I got a very convoluted explanation for not launching that color from the showroom people - For the sake of preserving the sanity of the readers of the forum, by volition, I refrain from saying that.

So looks like a sunlight copper DDiS is calling out to me... Bye bye Fabia - How I wish it would have worked out ...
Old 28th December 2007, 23:58   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
full Skoda Fabia Indian model brochure, now available for download:

http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skod...skodafabia.pdf

Thanks for info.

I was looking at the brochure and I can see some inconsistencies between what they have on the site and what they have in this brochure.

Website has a link for colors available and it only says there are : 6 colors. As per the brochure it says they have 8 colors. Skoda certainly is not showing the qualities of a premium brand. I know they are not in Europe but why can't they keep that image in India.

I am also disappointed by their color selection for the Elegance variant. Ambiente (6) has more color selection than the Elegance (4).
Old 29th December 2007, 00:06   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The Skoda guys are plain crazy - I really liked the orange color fabia that is featured prominently throughout their brochures - But, they are not launching Fabia with that color -
I was wondering about the same. Why bother showing that color in their brochures if they are NOT going to make it available. It is just a plain stupidity on Skoda's part. I don't think premium brands behave that way.

If one was thinking of Elegance variant then look at the colors offered in this variant and you will be disappointed. None of the colors in the Elegance variant are good. I am wondering they might not be expecting lot of people to buy the Elegance variant. Looks like they are shooting for Ambiente variant to sell more. That is where they have lot of colors listed.
Old 29th December 2007, 06:26   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
And seriously, I'm a hatch guy. I prefer hatches. Especially ones with all the features and comforts stuffed-in. Between a hatch and a sedan (with the same features, engine etc), I'd always take the hatch -- even if both cost the same.
Hmmm........
Wait till you get married and becomes a Papa of 2. Your ICE and hatchback won't go together or You'll be sleeping in terrace.
Old 29th December 2007, 06:38   #262
BHPian

ground clearance increased

Looks like skoda changed the ground clearance of Fabia by 11mm to meet road conditions in India.

in Europe : ground clearance 135mm
in India : ground clearnace 146mm

Does any one have an idea of how this is possible without changing much in the overall design ?
Old 29th December 2007, 07:59   #263
BHPian

The new Skoda Fabia - Feel Special

New website launched..
Old 29th December 2007, 08:13   #264
BHPian

^^^ I guess this website thing is being mentioned for nth time in this thread...
Old 29th December 2007, 08:40   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Yeah! And an ICEd hatch can kick the @$$ of an identically ICEd sedan to the moon and back.

hydraji wait till you hatch a kid

had they started booking in Tvm and Cochin?
Old 29th December 2007, 10:21   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
had they started booking in Tvm and Cochin?
Every Skoda dealer should take the booking now. I received an email from the Skoda Auto India saying the booking plans are open and you need to put down INR 50000.

Here is the email from them :

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in the new Škoda Fabia. Soon, you will be able to experience the car at our showrooms.
January 09, 2008 will usher in the launch of a new member of the ŠkodaAuto India car family – the new Škoda Fabia.
The new Škoda Fabia will set standards with generous interior dimensions, ergonomic cockpit, high quality, and state-of-the-art safety systems as well as a wide range of engines. Modern technology previously found only in cars of higher categories will be available in the Fabia from the outset.
Booking plans for the car are now open. With a deposit of INR 50,000 you can reserve your new Škoda Fabia to avail of early delivery. Deliveries will commence from 10 January, 2008. Final prices and configurations, however, will be disclosed at launch.
Hope that you will join our family of Škoda customers. We look forward to adding you to our list of esteemed customers.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2008.

Regards,

Farzan | Product Marketing
ŠkodaAuto India

mail: Plot No. A-1/1, Five Star Industrial Area | Shendra, Aurangabad 431201 | India
call: +91 240 6631240 | fax: +91 240 6631299
e-mail: farzan.sarbhanwala@skoda-auto.co.in
Old 29th December 2007, 10:27   #267
BHPian

Are they planning to launch 1.9 PD motor version? If launched at 9L OTR, that will be the hottest hatch in india.
Old 29th December 2007, 11:14   #268
BHPian

Orange color

Guys,

i just called up the dealers in cochin and they confirmed that Fabia is available in orange color,the one which is displayed in the site(elegance).i dont know if its available in other varients.
the OTR price foe elegance will be around 7.5 to 8 lk.

regards
binoy
Old 29th December 2007, 11:49   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does any one have an idea of how this is possible without changing much in the overall design ?
By adjusting the springs i suppose.
Old 29th December 2007, 11:50   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
By adjusting the springs i suppose.
Yup, I believe the Fabia is equiped with what VW calls the rough road package to handle Indian conditions.

Most Viewed