Old 29th December 2007, 12:08   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
hydraji wait till you hatch a kid
Hahaha - that was nice JK.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:11   #272
BHPian

Guys, the orange colour is available. the car which i got to drive, was an orange one.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:12   #273
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
Guys, the orange colour is available. the car which i got to drive, was an orange one.
getting the fabia instead of new Octy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Hahaha - that was nice JK.
See the change in jk?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th December 2007 at 12:13.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:30   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Yup, I believe the Fabia is equiped with what VW calls the rough road package to handle Indian conditions.
Can somebody let us know of what is rough road package. I have googled it but I could not find any hits on it.

Picture would be helpful to understand what it can do.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:31   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
getting the fabia instead of new Octy?

yup, change of mind. I felt that the fabia suits our needs better than an octavia. you may soon see a peted fabia.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:37   #276
BHPian

24 hour hope less line

There was a 24 hour phone line listed on the Skoda Fabia brochure on the last page. So I called them Today and the fellow who answered my call took all my details except for bank balance details. When it was my turn to ask questions this fellow simply says:

"we don't have any information on the Fabia sir. We will call you now that we have your details"

What a pathetic gimmick.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:42   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I don't see that color listed on the fabiafeelspecial website. Did the dealer say that colour is available ? How were you able to drive this puppy ? I heard it is not available yet with the dealers.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:06   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yup, change of mind. I felt that the fabia suits our needs better than an octavia. you may soon see a peted fabia.
Have you booked one as yet? I hope the Fabia doesnt have a waiting list like the Swift and the Getz.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:12   #279
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Have you booked one as yet? I hope the Fabia doesnt have a waiting list like the Swift and the Getz.
If going by the interest BHPians have shown on this car, it will soon have a long one it seems!
Old 29th December 2007, 13:58   #280
BHPian

Ok Guys,
lets stop squabbling about the pricing and wait for a Proper official communication. Yes its going to be more expensive than the current benchmark, the swift. But let me ask you something, the swift is built horribly(Not talking panel gaps but interior trim bits that keep rattling like a 1996 esteem just after 1000 Km. Will it still stay on the road after 120-130 which is so easily achievable nowadays? THe Fabia is amazing in its class and most people wont buy the Top end elegance..its going to be the classic and the Ambiente...even the classic has a good mp3 player, dual airbags and solid well built interiors. Why bother paying almost 6 lacs for a swift diesel which lacks even a stereo?? Think!
Old 29th December 2007, 14:00   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Preview report of Fabia.

I called up Skoda dealer in gurgaon this morning,he told me that the car is available for a preview but not for test drive before the launch as 10 days are left for the formal launch of Fabia.

I went to the dealer,i saw the car,here is what i say-

1.The car looks classy from all angles,i liked the curve on the boot.

2.Interiors felt special,it feels like much more expensive car from inside,feels like mini laura(Swift and Getz are too far),quality of the switches and all those extra features like sunroof,parking sensors,steering adjustable for reach and rake make it feel worth the price.

3. Top end model is genuinely loaded unlike Swift VDI or Getz CRDi gvs.

4.The engine is Noisy compared to common rail diesels in the segment.It sounds very very similar to the PD engine in laura.But vibrations are very nicely controlled its only the typical PD clatter that intrudes the cabin,i feel this is tolerable.

5.Space is very decent,leaves other hatches dead for sure.

6.Gearshift is in class of its own,reverse is in the same slot as in Verna.

7.Boot is large enough for a hatchback.

Its not a budget diesel car for A to B transport,this car makes one feel very special as the advertisement states,its a car for the people who are willing to pay more and dont mind the absence of the boot,even i am impressed with the size of the car i might plan to buy one soon as an alteranate car for city use as my elantra is too big to be enjoyed in the traffic .

Dealer is not sure about the pricing,ABS not available on base diesel but Airbags are standard on all variants.
Old 29th December 2007, 14:58   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
Can somebody let us know of what is rough road package. I have googled it but I could not find any hits on it.

Picture would be helpful to understand what it can do.
Basicaly the rough road package is in which the suspension is altered by the company to take on bad roads like in our country.
Old 29th December 2007, 14:58   #283
Senior - BHPian

Good review there anshuman.

I am also seriously thinking of buying this car for my use. A Hatch with all the Luxury features. And that too a Skoda Diesel.

Tell me one thing guys - This month's ACI mentions the FE of Fabia as 14 - 18 kpl on Diesel. I have heard that Skoda Octy gives 18 - 22 kpl on Highways. Shouldn't the Fabia give even more ??

If that is the case - we got a Swift / Logan / Fiesta diesel Beater now
Old 29th December 2007, 15:32   #284
Senior - BHPian

I read the review in ACI and the car looks good. The only thing that worries me is its low ground clearance. I do not know how the suspension is set up however.
Old 29th December 2007, 15:34   #285
BANNED

I have followed the discussions and my own views are:

1. Introduction of the Projector headlamps should hopefully see them more on cars other than at the luxury end.

2. Even though a 3 cyl engine is rougher than the 4 (or better more) cyl. unit, they need not necessarily be poor. Take the original 3 cyl. of India (M800) and also the Accent CRDi. Neither was smooth, but was not too rough in any case.

3. The adoption of PD instead of Common Rail may have something to do with the clatter and noise. I read recently that VW has gone the CRD way in the next generation. So why not here?

4. Why there is no climate control option beats me. In our climate it is highly desirable, and it is there in the lower segment Swift ZXi. Hopefully, Skoda will correct this soon.

Most Viewed