Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 23:27   #496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Hope to smoke some Fabias after Pete'fying (how else can I say it!) the swift after it runs in.
I believe you would be able to smoke the Fabia with a stock DDIS too.
Old 12th January 2008, 00:14   #497
aks316

Skoda Fabia Diesel Price List - 1.4 TDI PD 69BHP
Active - 6,65,249
Classic- 7,04,655
Ambiente - 7,94,724
Elegance - 8,49,437

Skoda Fabia Petrol 1.2 HTP 69BHP
Active - 5,56,309
Classic - 5,95,826
Ambiente - 6,58,281

Skoda Fabia 1.4 69BHP

Elegance - 7,48,827

All prices mentioned are on road prices delhi..

Old 12th January 2008, 00:23   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post

I think sometime back some bigshot in Skoda made it clear that they want their cars to be premium cars. So it would be people who are "obsessed with quality" who will buy Skoda products.
If one is obsessed with quality then they should buy Honda or Toyota NOT Skoda.

I have a strong feeling that Skoda is taking Indians for a ride because of the wrong perception that Indians have about Skoda as a premium car for which it is not.
Old 12th January 2008, 00:28   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
9.08L OTR for Bangalore sounds atrocious to me - There would be a huge waiting list for this too.
Are you saying there is a huge waiting list for the Elegance variant in Bangalore at this price ?
Old 12th January 2008, 00:55   #500
BHPian

remote boot opener on passenger side

The very funny thing I heard Today from somebody who saw the car at the showroom is : The remote boot opener knob is on the passenger side and if the driver wants to open the boot from inside the car they should either ask the passenger to open it or they should go the passenger side and release the boot.

Now my point is : It looks like Skoda took every measure to save the cost by not changing from the foreign model and why do we have to pay the premium price for this car.
Old 12th January 2008, 01:46   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
yes that is likely just like they did for the skoda octavia (alias laura)
Please can you elaborate on what they did for Octavia ? Did they reduce the prices?
Old 12th January 2008, 03:12   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks316 View Post
Skoda Fabia Diesel Price List - 1.4 TDI PD 69BHP
Active - 6,65,249
Classic- 7,04,655
Ambiente - 7,94,724
Elegance - 8,49,437

Skoda Fabia Petrol 1.2 HTP 69BHP
Active - 5,56,309
Classic - 5,95,826
Ambiente - 6,58,281

Skoda Fabia 1.4 69BHP

Elegance - 7,48,827

All prices mentioned are on road prices delhi..
Skoda has finally lost it. With the kind of competition coming one thought they would learn from their own selves (Octavia launch price) but no they now think they are a premium car (wrong notion). At these prices I dont think the car will sell, expecting the lowest trimmed car to be a real ill equipped one. Well if its got air bags and power steering, then it'll still be worth considering for some... not me.
Old 12th January 2008, 11:50   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

India is the only place where Skoda is known as a premium or luxury brand,over the years they've made good reputation thats a dream for every car maker,now when they are here with nice good car for indian market they spoil the party with nonsense pricing,lets see how the market responds?
Old 12th January 2008, 14:17   #504
BHPian

People's concept of "value" varies from person to person. As discussed in this topic the percentage of people who see value in skoda Fabia is going to be very low. But in a country like India , the percentage is misleading, even a small percentage would result in a large number.

I dont think skoda is trying to be a market leader , the value proposition is the "snob/elite/exclusive value" . There are people who are willing to pay for that , albeit a small percentage.

But what Suzuki / Hyundai makes as profit from say 5 customers, skoda would make from 1 customer. And Skoda as a company is happy with that.

I feel that Skoda Fabia would be a success for Skoda, but would not be a " successful car " say like the Swift DDis.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:41   #505
Senior - BHPian

no one with a right mind would buy the beautiful fabia for that price unless he is looking for snob value. i think skoda has lost it big time here. but there is very little scope that they will revise their prices 1 lakh plus, IMO.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:47   #506
Senior - BHPian

What a sheer waste of time this has been.

Skoda has gone completely crazy now.

Called up SKoda Gurgaon - This is what they said to me-

'' Hello, We are overwhelmed by the response to the Skoda Fabis, The Top end model will be around 8.3 lacs OTR. Booking amount will be 1.5 Lacs.

Waiitng Period is not decided but you will have to wait atleast 2 months !!!

Hell !!!

I'd rather buy the Fiessta or Verna and save a few thousands.

Let us see now how the market responds tot his vehicle.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:54   #507
BHPian

Snob value and brand value is created with some inherent in the product apart from pricing, when we talk of premium pricing strategy we are talking prices that are more to a certain extent not the crazy pricing from Skoda.

To carry that off there will have to be something extraordinary in the car which is unfortunately ordinary so the premium pricing strategy is not going to work.

I have said this before unless Skoda intentionally having realized they don't have the dealer infrastructure or capacity intentionally intend to limit the numbers.

People routinely come in these forums to ask for assistance, how many of the experts here are going to recommend the Fabia? The Jazz is apparently going to be launced at 5.5, the Punto at 5, that's more in perspective and realistic pricing.

Please tell me what is it in the Fabia that makes it premium or extraordinary deserving that price tag? The looks are ordinary, certainly not modern or avant garde, the engine is ordinary too, there is no ground breaking technology, there is nothing premium in the car unless airbags and abs going to make it worth the massive premium. How will compete with the Jazz or Punto at those prices or even the Swift or the overpriced Getz Diesel with a superb engine?

Last edited by raul : 12th January 2008 at 15:57.
Old 12th January 2008, 16:00   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
People routinely come in these forums to ask for assistance, how many of the experts here are going to recommend the Fabia?
Hey pal, this forum is different from these forums, i hope you have been around for long enough to know that. Like i said before, no one in his right mind would recommend a fabia over a swift diesel or a fiat mjd or even a tata Indica. Please read through to enlighten yourself. This is a forum for genuine car lovers & no one will misguide anyone here.
Old 12th January 2008, 16:03   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
The Jazz is apparently going to be launced at 5.5, the Punto at 5, that's more in perspective and realistic pricing.

Please tell me what is it in the Fabia that makes it premium or extraordinary deserving that price tag?
Very rightly said Raul !!

The Punto & Jazz seem to be a much better deal at those prices.

Also we should keep in mind that the Fabia's spare parts are going to also cost a bomb. Mantaining a Fabia is going to be as good as mantaining 3 swift's !! Am I right ? This is what I am told by current existing Skoda Owners.

No doubt there cars are built very very well BUT the other competitors are not so far away.
Old 12th January 2008, 16:32   #510
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. 9 lakhs for a hatchback, have they lost their mind? So in Mumbai the price hover close to the 10 lakh figure. One would rather buy a sedan in that price. Now that the Fabia is out I just cant wait for the Honda Jazz. It will just blow the Fabia away even though there is no diesel.

Most Viewed