Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2008, 17:30   #511
Senior - BHPian

now the Q is wouldnt one look at Getz CRDi too. It would be a better buy as well as when it comes to A.S.S.
Old 12th January 2008, 17:40   #512
Senior - BHPian

hey the questions which comes into my mind by such attrocious pricings are-
making more sense of buying a ford fusion
getz crdi is now value for money buy
cedia -just 10 lakhs
almost 3 years back when getz was launched people used to ask 5L for a hatch!! and now just imagine double that money and still takers for that.my only pray is jazz jazz.
ram
Old 12th January 2008, 17:42   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
The pricing is absolutely ridiculous. 9 lakhs for a hatchback, have they lost their mind?
I guess the top-end is close to 9L OTR Bangalore. Either way, it's too high. It's not just that the price is high. There isn't even any talk about bringing down prices of parts. Skoda has done what we all feared (and probably knew would happen). All this talk of "status" and "snob value" will backfire. They'll repent in the long run when they have more competition from Jazz, Punto, et al.
Old 12th January 2008, 18:28   #514
Team-BHP Support

This is may not be relevant, but- nice ad for the Fabia!

However, they should have mentioned "Special prices" also in it.
Old 12th January 2008, 23:26   #515
BHPian

Fabia is not a value proposition car. When People buy skoda, they take into account the brand image of skoda. The exclusivity it gets them. For those who value that , the higher the price the better it is.

I think we are miscalculating by saying Fabia will not do well. I am sure Skoda auto India will make a boat load of cash by selling a few hundred units a month. As I mentioned before, what Maruti and Hyundai make by selling 5 cars, skoda will make by selling 1 car.

Even if you see the fabia advertisement, they are selling a brand image and not the car based on it's features.

There is a certain market for it in India. As long as they tap into that market they are happy. It might not appeal to technically inclined people like TBHP fourumites, but we are not the target market segment.
Old 13th January 2008, 00:00   #516
Senior - BHPian

Once VW comes with their small car, then i dont know whats going to happen to the Fabia.
Old 13th January 2008, 00:33   #517
BHPian

Yes VW might also be overpriced and there would be competition in that "lifestyle statement vehicle" segment
Old 13th January 2008, 00:33   #518
BHPian

Skoda has lost their mind.

1) For 9L most people rather buy Optra Magnum which can lap a fabia with its 100+ bhp engine

2) 99% of the world see Skoda as a much lower brand compared to Honda or Toyota

3) "'' Hello, We are overwhelmed by the response to the Skoda Fabis, The Top end model will be around 8.3 lacs OTR. Booking amount will be 1.5 Lacs."

The booking amount for a Merc C class or BMW 3 series is 1 lakh.

All I can say is - It only happens in India!
Old 13th January 2008, 00:43   #519
BANNED

For a crampy vehicle like Fabia, I would never pay 8.5 lakhs. I'll write my cheque in Toyota's name for a Corolla. The corolla executive is available for 9L. For me it gives a better satisfaction than a Skoda badge on the steering. Keep aside all the virtues of Corolla, the Toyota name is far worth than paying 9l for a Skoda hatchback.

Sorry to all people who love Skoda. But this is my version of brand preference.
Old 13th January 2008, 00:48   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm just not familiar with the current VAG models. If the fabia is like the polo I nearly bought, four or five years ago, it'll be too small, and I wouldn't be interested. If its more like the golf, I would.
Old 13th January 2008, 00:54   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
Fabia is not a value proposition car. When People buy skoda, they take into account the brand image of skoda. The exclusivity it gets them. For those who value that , the higher the price the better it is.
Then why bank on the government's small car policy while selling an exclusive car? Obviously to make more money. They don't seem to have any intentions of passing on the benefits to the customers.
Old 13th January 2008, 01:10   #522
BHPian

Yes Cbalzer, They bank heavily on one thing , getting the most amount of money from the customer with out actually selling much. They sell the car for say 8 lakhs of which 6 lakhs is for the car and 2 lakhs is for the skoda name.

Skoda knows that they will get customers even if they overprice it.

The customer pays for the "illusion of value" .
Old 13th January 2008, 01:22   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
For a crampy vehicle like Fabia, I would never pay 8.5 lakhs. I'll write my cheque in Toyota's name for a Corolla. The corolla executive is available for 9L. For me it gives a better satisfaction than a Skoda badge on the steering. Keep aside all the virtues of Corolla, the Toyota name is far worth than paying 9l for a Skoda hatchback.

Sorry to all people who love Skoda. But this is my version of brand preference.
I agree, the maximum I would look at paying for the topend Diesel model would be about 7.25 OTR Mumbai. I really liked the Fabia but at 9.00 I really dont think its worth it.

Id now look at the Fiat 500 for a premium hatch back in this price range.

Last edited by khanak : 13th January 2008 at 01:24.
Old 13th January 2008, 01:25   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Once VW comes with their small car, then i dont know whats going to happen to the Fabia.
I too cant understand whats going on with VW and Skoda. Since a lot of their cars are based on the same platform I cant understand how they are going to complement each other.
Old 13th January 2008, 02:31   #525
Senior - BHPian

guys is the chey srv equally expensive?

after seeing the skoda pricing i think i am now inclined toward the chevy SRV

skoda is a true disappointment

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks