Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 08:38   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I rather doubt it.

My friend who another Team-Bhp'ian has mentioned in this thread earlier, has a Skoda. Now wanted to sell his Swift for Fabia. I had even posted for that Swift in the market section. A Skoda- fan, actually!

After a TD (Please don't ask how and which dealer) and hearing the pricing, they've very generously dropped the idea.
That doest means all think the same.See i had a Octavia,I sold that not because i want to buy Fabia.But now i want to buy Fabia even it is 7.5lacs.Ofocurse it is expensive.But consider that features.
Please answer for this- If the Swift VDI fitted with MSD,ABS,Sunroof,Music system,Parking sensors and all other features what Fabia has now, then what will be the price?They will also quote the same price like Fabia.
Old 21st December 2007, 08:43   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
That doest means all think the same.See i had a Octavia,I sold that not because i want to buy Fabia.But now i want to buy Fabia even it is 7.5lacs.Ofocurse it is expensive.But consider that features.
Please answer for this- If the Swift VDI fitted with MSD,ABS,Sunroof,Music system,Parking sensors and all other features what Fabia has now, then what will be the price?They will also quote the same price like Fabia.
Yes. I understand your question.

But, unfortunately. Most of us Indians would still like to ask the question- "8 Lacks for a hatch? "
Old 21st December 2007, 09:41   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

But, unfortunately. Most of us Indians would still like to ask the question- "8 Lacks for a hatch? "
The sole reason, I believe, why the Fabia hatch might never sell well, even though it is probably going to be a brilliant car.
Why couldn't they have launched it in sedan form? Didnt the last gen Fabia have sedan and combi versions?
Just throw a boot in, and the entire story changes. They have been in our market this long, and dont know that?
Old 21st December 2007, 10:16   #49
BHPian

lot being talked about Fabia, its features and price....yesterday i went to another Skoda dealer in pune, they havent started the bookings....i spoke to asset auto and trying confirm the price....they assured me that price is going to be between 5-7 lacs on road. topend being diesel.

again reiterating the details on different variants.

petrol to have three variants.

1. 1.2 69 bhp petrol variant will priced at 5 lacs, will have features like airbags, ac, power steering and power windows.

2. 1.4 85 bhp 112nm torque will have midrange variant and topend variant. this will have features like all power windows, 2 din ICE, climate control ac, power steering, abs + airbags, sun/moon roof, rear demister, keyless entry and lot more features. will be prices below 7 lacs.

3. 1.4 TDI 69 bhp diesel variant will be same as petrol topend. will be priced at 7 lacs on road.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:28   #50
BHPian

what about the features??

with all the features that the car has, i dont think its priced ridiculously. simply because it is a hatch does not imply it should be cheap.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:18   #51
BHPian

Skoda read my post about the price

Looks like Skoda read my post in one of the threads.

I mentioned I backed out of buying the Swift Diesel higher-end because of its interior quality. I mentioned I would have paid additional 1 Lac if they had the quality interiors and all other comfort options.

I am buying Skoda Fabia as soon as it becomes available as it exactly fits the criteria I have.

I like a car that not only looks elegant externally and I would like the interior to have all the comforts as well because I will be sitting inside the car and not watching from outside. :-)

I was impressed when I saw the swift exterior but depressed once I saw the interior made for cars sold in India.

The bottom line here is: You get what you pay for. It is simple logic as they say in the west a lot.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev up.. View Post
with all the features that the car has, i dont think its priced ridiculously. simply because it is a hatch does not imply it should be cheap.

perhaps i would say it is cheap, fiesta topend diesel which doesnt even have those many features would cost you around 9.5 lacs on road. what for? that little extra boot....

check out Å*koda Auto - Homepage Fabia has decent boot space of 300 ltrs.
Old 21st December 2007, 11:57   #53
BHPian

i also noticed the roof Ac vent just above the rear view mirror in europian version of Fabia....another interesting feature is Arm rest with storage...

owning a skoda you will feel privileged...doesnt matter if its a hatch...
Old 21st December 2007, 12:06   #54
tez
BHPian

8.5 OTR . On the expected lines, I would say.
I would rather have a fiesta or verna for space or a swift vdi with FFE, Green filter, Petes tuning box, alloys, nice ICE etc.
Regarding interiors, one can always get that spruced up. Lots of options available.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:22   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
I like a car that not only looks elegant externally and I would like the interior to have all the comforts as well because I will be sitting inside the car and not watching from outside. :-)

I was impressed when I saw the swift exterior but depressed once I saw the interior made for cars sold in India.

The bottom line here is: You get what you pay for. It is simple logic as they say in the west a lot.
EXACTLY. why are people hell bent on the pricing??
comparing it to swift and getz is so bizarre...these cars are like poop in front of the fabia!!
Old 21st December 2007, 12:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

according to the hyderabad dealer: official launch between jan 10 to jan 15th., deliveries only from march.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:31   #57
Senior - BHPian

If you want power get the Getz. A Peted Getz will be around 130bhp. Secondly Skoda is offerig aaverage engine and hence trying to lure the buyer by giving so many features, but trust me this car wont set the sales chart on fire and the sole reason being that even if Skoda gives additional features like massaging seats, batman air ballon brakes, Submarine Suspension then also nobody would care much, since its a hatch after all. They need to get a better engine & price it right, 90% Fabia's sold will be the mid version, since nobody really cares about safety features in our country, sad true. People who think the Skoda is a premium brand will buy the Fabia base just for the so Skoda brand image. Lack of Music system in the Swift is a good thing, and even if Skoda is giving ICE, it really doesnot matter, it will be just kamchalao. My Optra also has 8 speaker system, and in Manufacturers terminology 8 speakr = 4 tweeters + 4 coax, so not a big deal. And the Optra system sounds pathetic & so will all stock ICE of cars will, unless you buy a high end car.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:32   #58
BHPian

400 orders in hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
according to the hyderabad dealer: official launch between jan 10 to jan 15th., deliveries only from march.
That is what they told my dad as well. They also mentioned they have 400 orders already placed by previous Skoda owners.
Old 21st December 2007, 12:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If you want power get the Getz. A Peted Getz will be around 130bhp. Secondly Skoda is offerig aaverage engine and hence trying to lure the buyer by giving so many features, but trust me this car wont set the sales chart on fire and the sole reason being that even if Skoda gives additional features like massaging seats, batman air ballon brakes, Submarine Suspension then also nobody would care much, since its a hatch after all. They need to get a better engine & price it right, 90% Fabia's sold will be the mid version, since nobody really cares about safety features in our country, sad true. People who think the Skoda is a premium brand will buy the Fabia base just for the so Skoda brand image. Lack of Music system in the Swift is a good thing, and even if Skoda is giving ICE, it really doesnot matter, it will be just kamchalao. My Optra also has 8 speaker system, and in Manufacturers terminology 8 speakr = 4 tweeters + 4 coax, so not a big deal. And the Optra system sounds pathetic & so will all stock ICE of cars will, unless you buy a high end car.
Can you please tell me how much price skoda can quote for Top end version including all the features?
Old 21st December 2007, 12:46   #60
Senior - BHPian

If the engine was a 4pot then the price would be justified. The PD engines are outdated, they are too noisy and with 3 cylinders the vibration is too much. Top end should not be more then 7.5OTR.

Most Viewed