Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 12:12   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

A few extras doesn't make 'premium'.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:53   #662
Senior - BHPian

And none of them are ground-breaking enough to warrant such a high price tag or the "Premium" badge.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:02   #663
BHPian

I dont mind paying sedan rates for a hatch such as fabia if the only thing it missed was the boot which is again more spacious than any other hatch. But the problem with this car is the engine configuration, and for the price it should atleast have had a 1.6L petrol engine with 100+ bhp and a similarly powered diesel engine. Its a tremendously well specked car but only for those puny engines.

Last edited by grvanand : 30th January 2008 at 13:06.
Old 30th January 2008, 16:00   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Saw a light blue fabia on my way home yesterday from real close. People have already started making it a Mini wanna be. This one had a white roof. The car doesnt look all that bad and I'm sure the build quality and fit and finish will be top notch. But I agree with Amit, it looks too much like the Swift. Its a good car but only the pricing goes against it.

I guess we should wait and watch to see the market response which should be clear in a couple of months. We had passed similar judgements in the case of the Verna and the Logan but now you see lots of them on the road.
I saw a blue Fabia with a white roof in the Autograph Skoda showroom in Mumbai as well. Looked like a large cool cab IMO
Old 31st January 2008, 10:37   #665
BHPian

My first sighting was a blue one & I first mistook for a modified swift.

A couple of days back I saw one in red & that colour rocks with this car but IMHO the price & engine variations are a big let down.

Last edited by theexister : 31st January 2008 at 10:39.
Old 31st January 2008, 11:16   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
and also dippy as skoda usually does..we might see the fabia comiing cheaper,or if not cheaper they might launch some varient which will be as cheap as swift..with such a launch they can also kill the swift
that will definitely happen..there is already a buzz about this low-end version called 'active'...
i think maruti is in for tough times here..the nano will completely blow apart the 800 segment...and the fabia, if priced smartly-will do the same to swift.
and by the way..i see a white fabia everyday now..outside my club house..i dont know what you people have seen-IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE SWIFT.
Old 31st January 2008, 11:20   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Yeah Dippy !! I agree with you completely. Their Service charges are exorbitant. And also the Fabia does nto rally look huge. In fact it looks the same size as a Getz.

Fiat - Yes they will have to get their act together real fast. I am waiting for the Linea now.
ask them who have sat inside and test-driven it?? appearances can be deceptive. it does not look huge but it is.
Old 31st January 2008, 14:36   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev up.. View Post
ask them who have sat inside and test-driven it?? appearances can be deceptive. it does not look huge but it is.
Yes i have test driven it. It is pretty spacious and nothing at all like the swift. I think over all its a very nice car. The petrol ones is fairly priced maybe just a lil expensive but its fine . The diesel ones are definitely overpriced. I think the car is well built but they have lost it with the pricing on the diesel ones . I dont think they are able to sell the car though. Autobahn has deliviered only 3 cars till today from their showroom at prabhadevi. I saw a whit one today at Bandra looks really nice .
Old 31st January 2008, 14:42   #669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev up.. View Post
However much space it has, the engine is a let down for the size & price of the car.

Quote:
and the fabia, if priced smartly-will do the same to swift.
Fabia priced however wont be able to do much to the Swift, people close their eyes and buy Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
I saw a blue Fabia with a white roof in the Autograph Skoda showroom in Mumbai as well. Looked like a large cool cab IMO
Was it the one underlined in bold in the link below? IMO that colour is purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Hey Dippy, check this, was it this one?
Old 31st January 2008, 15:09   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
However much space it has, the engine is a let down for the size & price of the car.

Fabia priced however wont be able to do much to the Swift, people close their eyes and buy Maruti.

Was it the one underlined in bold in the link below? IMO that colour is purple.

No, it wasnt that colour. It was a lighter blue - exactly the colour of the Mumbai Coolcabs. BTW - I also sat in the car and while it was spacious, it wasnt really that big. I drive an Indica and the Fabia had more leg room and more boot space. But the width on the inside was about the same. And yes - I wouldnt pay the price they are asking for a car with such a puny engine , however cushy the interiors may be. But then I'm sure there are people around who dont really care about whats under the hood and so the Fabia should suit them fine.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:17   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexister View Post
My first sighting was a blue one & I first mistook for a modified swift.

A couple of days back I saw one in red & that colour rocks with this car but IMHO the price & engine variations are a big let down.
I saw a black one near my office. Looks good. The guys was driving very slow.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:27   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
the deliveries are starting Feb 10th onwards...

When i was at the showroom a guy paid a 45k premium to get the elegance model by the 10th.
Deliveries have started. I know at least 2 people who have already got the car around 7 days back.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:37   #673
BHPian

I saw the car and it looks real good. Surprisingly it is almost the size of a swift. I thought it would have been bigger. Front looks are a little different especially when we are used to seeing the Laura's and the octavias. Overall a great package at a pocket burning price. Wonder what the spares cost would be Skoda scares me. Nevertheless it is not for me it is for a certain upmarket buyer who does not think like how I think.
Old 31st January 2008, 21:29   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
I saw the car and it looks real good. Surprisingly it is almost the size of a swift. I thought it would have been bigger. Front looks are a little different especially when we are used to seeing the Laura's and the octavias. Overall a great package at a pocket burning price. Wonder what the spares cost would be Skoda scares me. Nevertheless it is not for me it is for a certain upmarket buyer who does not think like how I think.
Should we pay such a premium while we can by bigger cars for the same price? If that worth?
Old 1st February 2008, 00:01   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Size is not everything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks