Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 23:07   #391

The chennai dealer told me that only fabia diesel is coming in three variants and classic diesel is 7.25 lacs OTR. Fabia petrol will have only one variant, elegance, priced at 8.25 lac OTR. Is that true that fabia petrol will have only elegance?
Old 4th January 2008, 23:29   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
... ...The brochure is available on this link http://www.fabiafeelspecial.com/skodafabia.pdf in case anyone wants to have a look (warning: its a 10mb pdf file)
That's about as stupid as the rest of that site, especially if they expect it to be seen by the market in Fraudband India.

Old 4th January 2008, 23:31   #393
BHPian

Should probably close this thread till the official launch.

These are space filling articles that appear at the end or beginning of every calendar year. The engine spec quoted in the article is purely speculative and based on the assumption that Skoda would launch petrol/diesel models that qualify Fabia as a "small car".

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
These news guys got it totally wrong. If they looked at their brochure on the engine specifications they are wrong about the both Petrol engine as well as Diesel engine.
As per the brochure Skoda is launching 1.4 ltr Petrol and 1.4 Diesel engines.

I don't think they got the price right either.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:12   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
The looks of this car is LoVE it or HaTE it kind. Some like it while others hate it. Interiors are plain jane to many. The price in speculation is way above the indian standards.
These things will definitely make any customer think twice and thrice about this car.

The good things are also unforgettable. Good build quality (not something out of this world or so... But better than many. That's all). Great fuel efficiency (promised). Lots of new features in the category. And a brand name which maybe loved and as well as hated by many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
The problem is they are giving us a crappy engine. You know why the Verna sells so much with no features at all, its because of its fantastic engine.

@ JK - 7.5L OTR Bombay is the price of the Fusion or as you said Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Busa - Crappy or fantastic - diesel cars will be sold as they have the image of being very FE. And in India - say about 50000 people (well informed) know the difference between a CRDi and a non CRDi diesel engine - what about the rest who buy diesels ?

IMHO, the car would sell as the Skoda brand image is a lethal factor in its armour. the build quality is infact visible from the spy pics as well as official pics. Autocar, infact, have mentioned that they found the build quality and ergonomics better than the Octavia(old).

@BUSA: the Verna does not sell because of its fantastic engine, but due to the fact that it is infact, well built and an overall nicely executed product. and not to forget, the Hyundai brand name. Please do not forget that the only rival any Hyundai car is unable to beat is Honda. There is no other manufacturer that Hyundai cannot give a tough fight to due to the reliable brand image it enjoys in India. I hope everyone is realising what I am trying to say here.
A majority of Verna owners dont-care-2-hoots abt the 110 horses under the bonnet while they are being chauffered around in the backseat, am I correct?
I for one consider the Fiesta to be a better product (IMO, no offence intended to anyone, whatsoever), but given Ford India's rep and high maintainence, the Verna just comes out to be a winner.

sorry for the

As for the 3-pot motor everyone is complaining about. Well that is a reason to complain. But I am just praying for this motor to demand less maintainence so that Skoda dealers cant focus on ripping every Fabia-owner off their wallets. If it wins its own battle against "high maintainence", I say Skoda India have a customer right here.
Old 5th January 2008, 00:56   #395
BHPian

If they are importing the spare parts, sure it will cost more. even they provide excellent quality worn out parts and accidental repair costs will be high.
Old 5th January 2008, 03:03   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's about as stupid as the rest of that site, especially if they expect it to be seen by the market in Fraudband India.
The funny part is their original brochure was only 5Megs and the quality was much better than this 10Meg file. Both have same number of pages.
Old 5th January 2008, 04:15   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganny View Post
The chennai dealer told me that only fabia diesel is coming in three variants and classic diesel is 7.25 lacs OTR. Fabia petrol will have only one variant, elegance, priced at 8.25 lac OTR. Is that true that fabia petrol will have only elegance?
If the dealer you spoke to is to be believed ... It puts the Diesel Elegance variant at 9.25 Lacs. It was mentioned earlier that there will be 1 Lac difference in price between Petrol and Diesel variants.

If the Diesel higher-end variant is priced at 9.25 Lac then I can only imagine how badly Skoda is trying their luck to extent possible. It is better for Skoda to buy a lottery ticket than pricing this Diesel higher-end at : 9.25 Lacs.
Old 5th January 2008, 13:10   #398
BHPian

Ya Autobahn is like 5 minutes away from Lalbaugh and u need to pass through Lalbau to get to their showroom if they were getting the car from Aurangabad but i talked to the showroom and they said the car wont be on display before the 9 th
Old 5th January 2008, 17:47   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
Ya Autobahn is like 5 minutes away from Lalbaugh and u need to pass through Lalbau to get to their showroom if they were getting the car from Aurangabad but i talked to the showroom and they said the car wont be on display before the 9 th
Shreyans i think you are responding to my post but the car was not driven by a showroom driver but a lady with 2 kids and a old lady at the back and a another lady at the front even the car had a proper number plate (MH-02),i think the Autobhan owners family enjoying the privileges of owning a showroom
Old 5th January 2008, 17:53   #400
BHPian

Models

As per Skoda Delaer (Autograph) there will be 4 models:
Active,classic,Ambiente,Elegance. The diff between active and classic is that the later has power windows. I think petrol will have Active and Ambiente models and Diesel will have Classic and Elegance. Diesel will have more features.
Old 5th January 2008, 18:19   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Shreyans i think you are responding to my post but the car was not driven by a showroom driver but a lady with 2 kids and a old lady at the back and a another lady at the front even the car had a proper number plate (MH-02),i think the Autobhan owners family enjoying the privileges of owning a showroom
I dont know must be someone with Autobahn because i went to the showroom and they said they cant offer a TD . They wernt ready to even show the car
Old 5th January 2008, 21:44   #402
BHPian

HI BUSA,Vipul

Nice to hear that u liked the pics
One thing more i would like to share with you the dealer told me

Classic will be available in 4 color options
Ambient in 6 color options
and The Elegence in 3 Colors

Even im planning to buy a car next month waiting to get hands on FABIA before deciding.The sales guy was claiming FE around 24 in city.Lets wait and watch but i was very disappointed with the ground clearance of FABIA.....too low.Hey can somebody out there help me out in deciding my next car(diesel) budget around 8 lac .(good ride and FE is main concern).
Old 5th January 2008, 21:53   #403
BHPian

CAn any senior folk out there tell me exact difference between a 3 cylinder TDI engine (in FABIA) and DDIS (in SWIFT).One of my friend who just sold his Accent CRDI (Clocked 250000km) told me that Accent was Also a 3 Cylinder and he got his engine done at 125000km only. Will it be fine if i say that 3 cylinder engine has a shorter life not that much reliable ???
Old 6th January 2008, 00:22   #404
Senior - BHPian

@ Mav - There is nothing as such that 4 cylinder engines are more reliable or 3 cylinder engines are not reliable.

FE of 24 is the biggest joke of the year.

For 8Lacs you can get : -

Swift for FE
Getz for ride

Best of both worlds - Fabia
Old 7th January 2008, 15:35   #405
BHPian

this is so crazy to have a hatch back be priced so high and then mis guide people with a 240 kmph speedo, i kn it must be a direct lift off from their European brothers.... but it is sad, i was awaiting this car as much as anybody else and the price is such a dampener....

It does not look great either or jaw dropping at all.... it is as ordinary as a swift no offense ment i think it is just going to be another over rated hatch back... i think skoda are going to get it horribly wrong this time.... as they have been conning people with the Octavia and created such a hype as a premium car... where as else it is just a value for money cab every where else in the world....

Most Viewed