Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2008, 05:13   #526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Do they have diesel for SRV?Then better than fabia.
There is a Diesel SRV with the 2.0 engine for around 8 lakhs. However ABS and a drivers side airbag is optional and it is around 60k cheaper than the sedan. I would still prefer the hatch but I dont know how many other people would.
Old 13th January 2008, 05:26   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
There is a Diesel SRV with the 2.0 engine for around 8 lakhs. However ABS and a drivers side airbag is optional and it is around 60k cheaper than the sedan. I would still prefer the hatch but I dont know how many other people would.
I think SRV is a better option because it has more space and bigger than Fabia.Are you sure about 2L engine is there for SRV.Ididnt see nothing on their site.

Last edited by jerish666 : 13th January 2008 at 05:28.
Old 13th January 2008, 05:27   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think SRV is a better option because it has more space and bigger than Fabia.
But the lack of equipment and high price dont work in its favour. It doesnt even have dual airbags as an option, one can get a driver's side airbag and ABS for around 22k as optional extras. Somehow the SRV never really excited me.However I guess its worth it for the engine.

Last edited by khanak : 13th January 2008 at 05:29.
Old 13th January 2008, 05:52   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that optra magnums engine?I cannot find in their site.
I assume it is. Theyre both 2.0 engines.
Old 13th January 2008, 06:52   #530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Very rightly said Raul !!

The Punto & Jazz seem to be a much better deal at those prices.

Also we should keep in mind that the Fabia's spare parts are going to also cost a bomb. Mantaining a Fabia is going to be as good as mantaining 3 swift's !! Am I right ? This is what I am told by current existing Skoda Owners.

No doubt there cars are built very very well BUT the other competitors are not so far away.
What if the Skoda is sucess (i'm playing devls advocate)
Then it will create a new segment, Soon Fiat GP, Honda Jazz and Toyota yaris will find their place in this segment..
Old 13th January 2008, 08:13   #531
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I agree, the maximum I would look at paying for the topend Diesel model would be about 7.25 OTR Mumbai. I really liked the Fabia but at 9.00 I really dont think its worth it.

Id now look at the Fiat 500 for a premium hatch back in this price range.
Isn't the 500 a tiny car? And looking like it might be priced as a collector's item

A good tiny car at a good price would suit me very well!
Old 13th January 2008, 08:36   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wasnt that news a means of guaging customer response for the product or is it actually been released ? Am confused
Old 13th January 2008, 08:36   #533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I assume you got this info from their OFFICIAL () site- http://2007optrasrv_in.in.pls.carsco...o?trfcSrc=gm20

If so, did you miss this this part at the bottom?
Quote:
*The information and contents on the website are for research and survey purposes only and do not represent an offer to sell. Prices, specifications and other data may vary between repeat visits to the website or at the time of launch or with the actual variants that are available in the market.
If so, hundreds before you have also been fooled by this stupid site, and i was one of the first. Went around telling all friend that SRV magnum has been launched. Then realised the foolishness!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th January 2008 at 08:55.
Old 13th January 2008, 08:43   #534
BHPian

I'm just wondering if Fabia's high pricing would create a demand for the Getz CRDI. There were a bunch of people awaiting the Fabia's launch. Some of these might now feel that the Getz is a better deal. The decision would have been much easier had Hyundai speced it better.
Old 13th January 2008, 08:54   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If so, hundreds before you have also been fooled by this stupid site, and i was one of the first. Went around telling all friend that SRV magnum has been launched. Then realised the foolishness!
Are you sure about this? Can anyone confirm this with a dealer. Its really for a company to do sometihng so stupid.
Old 13th January 2008, 08:55   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I'm just wondering if Fabia's high pricing would create a demand for the Getz CRDI. There were a bunch of people awaiting the Fabia's launch. Some of these might now feel that the Getz is a better deal. The decision would have been much easier had Hyundai speced it better.
I guess the Octavia and Laura's sales would also increase. If money wasnt really an issue Id rather spend 12L on a Daman registered Laura than 9L on a Fabia.
Old 13th January 2008, 13:14   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz is apparently going to be launced at 5.5
I doubt Honda will launch the Jazz at those prices. They are going to position it as a premium hatchback, strip it of all features that come in their western model and price it much higher. And, sadly, they will get away with it too.
Old 13th January 2008, 14:14   #538
BHPian

Quote:
I assume it is. Theyre both 2.0 engines.
The SRV is currently available ONLY with the Optra's 1.6 engine.
Old 13th January 2008, 14:40   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I agree, all Hyundai needs to do now is add alloys, ABS+airbags, add another 20-30 K to the price and it will suddenly seem like an unbelievable bargain!!! Knowing Hyundai, we can all just keep hoping...
Old 13th January 2008, 16:50   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat GP,Honda Jazz and Toyota Yaris wont going to sell their car for 5 or 5.5Lac.They will fix their prices in the premium segment like Fabia.When Fiat multijet comes they will sell that in between 5 lac and 6 Lac.Why i am telling this because they are already selling palio 1.6 for 4.8 lac OTR with the minimal features.And Grande Punto is much more bigger than palio with more features.So i dont think so they gonna fix the prices like swift petrol or diesel.
This works assuming that there is a large enough market for hatches at that price point. plus, i don't think Toyota or Fiat enjoy the same kind of 'premium, upmarket' value that Skoda does in India. A look at Toyota's pricing on the Corolla seems to corroborate that whilst the Fiat brand has been too abused in India over the last decada - they have excellent cars but horror stories about maintenance cost and A.S.S live for a long time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks