Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2008, 23:25   #556
BHPian

Times of India 's review is not so flattering for Fabia , although they have spoken well about build qaulity but are apprehensive about spare pricing as most of it is imported
Old 16th January 2008, 01:20   #557
Senior - BHPian

looks like they are selling well, spotted two of them saturday

it looks kinda cute specially from behind. i know it looks kinda weird in the pics but believe me guys in real it looks quite good and very swiftish lol ..... but looks lot long than the swift. i did't like its styling from the pics but on road it looks good

pricing is awful tho :(
Old 16th January 2008, 10:19   #558
Senior - BHPian

Skoda now says (ref ET article today) they are planning for a 'small' car to take on the likes of the Honda Jazz !!!!!

I thought the Fabia maps to the Jazz segment. They sure are taking this premium thing a bit too far.
Old 16th January 2008, 10:22   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Skoda now says (ref ET article today) they are planning for a 'small' car to take on the likes of the Honda Jazz !!!!!

I thought the Fabia maps to the Jazz segment. They sure are taking this premium thing a bit too far.

oh yes! Bring it!

and price it between 4.75lac to 6lac!
Old 16th January 2008, 10:33   #560
Senior - BHPian

Do they have anything smaller than the Fabia? Except maybe the last gen Fabia?
Old 16th January 2008, 10:42   #561
BHPian

I too saw one white Fabia yesterday in Delhi. Looked very eye catching with superb fit and finish. But then, every new model on the road is eye catching! Side profile looked as if you have streached the swift by 20-30%.

The best thing I noticed was the engine sound. The sound was silk smooth and very different, unlike the familiar Maruti family sound. But personally, I woudnt buy this hatch when I can get sedans like Honda City and Aveo in the same price!
Old 16th January 2008, 10:51   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
Visited the Skoda showroom today.

On Road Prices Mumbai:

Diesel
Active - 7.00
Classic - 7.42
Ambiente - 8.34
Elegance - 8.96

Petrol
Active - 5.84
Classic - 6.25
Ambiente - 6.95

They have already recieved 195 orders of which 75 were booked before the car launch.

42% of the total have been from existing skoda users.
whoa!!
man...cant believe people are jumping so hurriedly into buying it..and why do they dont have elegance in petrol? that limits their market even more.

going to give it a lot of thought..it does not look like a fantastic deal though..but i am still considering buying one..maybe one of the low-end ones..
Old 16th January 2008, 11:22   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post
I too saw one white Fabia yesterday in Delhi. Looked very eye catching with superb fit and finish. But then, every new model on the road is eye catching! Side profile looked as if you have streached the swift by 20-30%.

The best thing I noticed was the engine sound. The sound was silk smooth and very different, unlike the familiar Maruti family sound. But personally, I woudnt buy this hatch when I can get sedans like Honda City and Aveo in the same price!
really?
i have heard the engine is quite noisy.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:27   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_m View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev up.. View Post
really?
i have heard the engine is quite noisy.

Maybe it was the petrol one then.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:42   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skmami View Post
I have heard that lot of cars are leaving the dealer and yet I don't see any reviews on this car. Is that because no BHP-ian buying this car ?
maybe also because those cars wont be leaving the dealers actually, the delivery will take some time. despite the critique of the car, people are still buying it.
Old 16th January 2008, 11:47   #566
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

hehe launch a small car and price it at Getz level for the premium brand. Maybe something like "not every person's car".
Old 16th January 2008, 13:43   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
yes, Skoda is limiting its own sales by pricing fabia at a premium. Not too many people will be buying a fabia at those prices. And those who buy will come screaming back when they are hit with high spares cost.

They have virtually eliminated the middle class market with that pricing.
contrary to what we all have just said, the Fabias have been over booked. As a matter of fact, a dealership in mumbai said they have sold their Jan and Feb quota already.
i personally still feel that fabia is overpriced. the elegance at 7.5 OTR would have been Perfect.
Old 16th January 2008, 15:02   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitinv View Post
the dealers are mentioning that the deliveries would start only by end April...Any idea..
You are right hitinv. Checked with Assett Auto Pune and the sales guy quoted a two month waiting period.
Old 16th January 2008, 15:03   #569
BHPian

I think its still early days to judge the success or failure of the car, it will take at least 6 months to a year to get a accurate measure.

However the launch phase will see plenty of marketing and PR hype about bookings and popularity, their job is to make sure the car comes off as successful and the launch is perceived as such. So too early to take a call or believe any reports of over bookings and such.
Old 16th January 2008, 15:41   #570
BHPian

the deliveries are starting Feb 10th onwards...

When i was at the showroom a guy paid a 45k premium to get the elegance model by the 10th.

Most Viewed