Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 18:08   #571
Team-BHP Support

As in the Laura, Skoda will import limited kits initially knowing Indians will wait for a bit, this helps them plan the model blend. They goofed up initially with the Octy petrol and diesel and planned equal volumes for both
Old 16th January 2008, 18:24   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
the deliveries are starting Feb 10th onwards...

When i was at the showroom a guy paid a 45k premium to get the elegance model by the 10th.
Really? How come a lady staying opp my building complex has already got one for the past 2 days?
Old 16th January 2008, 18:28   #573
BHPian

Jus heard that the Fully loaded with Sunroof is around Rs.9.3lk in HYD.
I am jus waiting desperately for the L&K Version in this which is supposed to come with DSG Automatic gearbox!!!

Perfect Hatch with the perfect gearbox - Fabia+DSG!
I love this car in and out! looks like laura sibling, and well, gotta pay the price for something different...

When LAURA was launched, everyone said it wud be a failure, with such a high price tag, and it being just the new OCTY in europe.
but it turned out to be a blockbuster hit!

same goes here i think. everyone is now saying its way too costly and all...but i am sure they are gonna sell like hot cakes!

Regarding deliveries, on Sunday i did see a car here in HYD parked on the road with a "varmala" on its front grill! was white in color, and looked stunning!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 16th January 2008 at 18:40.
Old 16th January 2008, 22:55   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a matter of fact, a dealership in mumbai said they have sold their Jan and Feb quota already.
Well, if the aim to sell is low then they can say its overbooked.

Lets consider i am selling a Car X and its overpriced, i plan to sell 200 units in a month and allocate 10 cars per dealer, i have 20 dealers, so since my target is pretty low, and i get 201 bookings then i can say my Car X havs been overbooked. Skoda who are you fooling?
Old 17th January 2008, 00:24   #575
BHPian

Two philosophies of creating a scarcity. The car is manufactured to your full capacity and you still fall short of meeting demand(dream place to be in) or you produce ridiculously low amounts and then create a shortfall...skoda has priced the fabia too high..7.25-7.5 for the elegance would still be understandable(on road mumbai!)...someone said Skoda fabia will be a runaway success, i think we nee to wait and watch!
Old 17th January 2008, 10:08   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
When LAURA was launched, everyone said it wud be a failure, with such a high price tag, and it being just the new OCTY in europe.
but it turned out to be a blockbuster hit!

same goes here i think. everyone is now saying its way too costly and all...but i am sure they are gonna sell like hot cakes!
exactly, my friend. same for swift also infact. when it came to india, people could not stop cribbing and declaring that no one would ever pay that much for a 'small' car.
Old 17th January 2008, 10:14   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well, if the aim to sell is low then they can say its overbooked.

Lets consider i am selling a Car X and its overpriced, i plan to sell 200 units in a month and allocate 10 cars per dealer, i have 20 dealers, so since my target is pretty low, and i get 201 bookings then i can say my Car X havs been overbooked. Skoda who are you fooling?
you own a dealership, eh??
hehe. just kidding. but still, in that case too, its an enviavle position to be in. atleast the demand is more than the supply.
i would ideally wait and keep a close eye on the going-ons and how its faring.
Old 17th January 2008, 11:20   #578
Senior - BHPian

I saw a white Fabia registered and on-road,2 days back.
Old 17th January 2008, 11:57   #579
Senior - BHPian

one of my friends have booked the car paying 2L at cochin,but the astonishing part is that he is informed that it will be 8.68 L for the top end car.i feel its too expensive for a car of this size.fusion has started to be thought as a better package now.
ram
Old 17th January 2008, 12:02   #580
BHPian

@vnabhi : I posted the delivery information which was given to me by the skoda dealer in mumbai. Will check with him once again when i get a chance.
Old 18th January 2008, 03:22   #581
BHPian

We met somebody at the Hyderabad dealership who is picking up his Skoda Fabia and we asked them how long ago he made the booking and he said... He paid on Saturday and he is picking the car on Monday. So that tells us you don't have to wait in line to get one.
Old 18th January 2008, 03:38   #582
BHPian

We met somebody that is picking up the car from dealer while we were there and they said they paid the money on Saturday and they are picking it up on Monday. I don't know why and who is creating stories of long wait and such. I think dealers are playing game.
Old 18th January 2008, 10:14   #583
BHPian

for heavens sake, please refrain from confusing everybody. first the pricing miscommunication, and now about the delivery...
plus dont generalise your experiences to everyone. whats happening in your city may not be the case everywhere else.
Old 18th January 2008, 15:44   #584
BHPian

Both the dealers in Bangalore: Vinayaka and Tafe Access are quoting 3-4 months for delivery..Looks like a the dealers want to make some money on new launches...
Old 18th January 2008, 15:47   #585
BHPian

Both the dealers in Bangalore, Vinayaka and tafe Access are quoting 3-4 months for delivery..looks like the dealres want to cash on the new launch..

Most Viewed