Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 17:48   #586
BHPian

any updates on when the base petrol will be available?
Old 18th January 2008, 17:59   #587
BHPian

No offence to anyone here, but saw the Fabia at the AutoExpo - not impressed at all. The interiors were not up to the grade (price) of the car. And didn't like the general design elements either. Just my two cents.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:34   #588
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries seems to have started in Chennai in big numbers. I counted atleast 4 Fabias today and 1 yesterday. Silver seems to be the favourite.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:58   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodbijlani View Post
any updates on when the base petrol will be available?
Yes a dealer here in bombay said the base petrol will be available from april . As off now only the elegance is available with a 1.4 lts petrol option
Old 18th January 2008, 21:20   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Well, if the aim to sell is low then they can say its overbooked.

Lets consider i am selling a Car X and its overpriced, i plan to sell 200 units in a month and allocate 10 cars per dealer, i have 20 dealers, so since my target is pretty low, and i get 201 bookings then i can say my Car X havs been overbooked. Skoda who are you fooling?
On the same topic, Nintendo has done this with the Wii to keep the buzz going. Can't say that it is the same with Skoda though.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:41   #591
Senior - BHPian

Wow i saw 6 fabias today. The first one i saw in the morning i though it was swift sedan from the distance as the side profile looks like swift + it was bigger then swift. Went closer and came to know it was FABIA.

It was white in color.
Old 19th January 2008, 11:19   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, if the aim to sell is low then they can say its overbooked.

Lets consider i am selling a Car X and its overpriced, i plan to sell 200 units in a month and allocate 10 cars per dealer, i have 20 dealers, so since my target is pretty low, and i get 201 bookings then i can say my Car X havs been overbooked. Skoda who are you fooling?

first. the plan is NOT to sell 200 units. it is to sell MORE than 200 units. in fact way higher. Secondly if the car has been outsold, give credit to Skoda. they have i think cracked it. They have entered the numbers games without loosing the 'premium' tag.

Personally i think the car is overpriced and not worth it.

but i give credit where it is due.
Old 19th January 2008, 12:11   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
they have i think cracked it. They have entered the numbers games without loosing the 'premium' tag.
I think we need to wait at least for 3 months before passing on any judgement. The real numbers will start showing only after few months. When they say demand exceeds supply, any numbers are there to prove? As Busa mentioned, it could be very low number of production Vs little higher number of bookings. In that case, I wont agree that this car is going to win the "numbers" game.
Old 19th January 2008, 14:24   #594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
They have entered the numbers games without loosing the 'premium' tag.
Skoda has given dealer despatches as sales figures. So, we need to wait few months to get a real picture of fabia sales.
Old 19th January 2008, 17:53   #595
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Wow i saw 6 fabias today. The first one i saw in the morning i though it was swift sedan from the distance as the side profile looks like swift + it was bigger then swift. Went closer and came to know it was FABIA.

It was white in color.
Well, i saw a red fabia today on mathura road. It was easy to distinguish it from swift due to flat rear profile. Swift is more curvy in rear and looks better.

However, i was disappointed to see fabia on the road, it didnt have any road presence and felt smaller than swift. Anyone not interested in cars would have missed it and didnt look like a head-turner. Above that it felt smaller than swift and paying that premium just for "skoda" tag seems to be foolishness.

If i were looking for a car, i wouldnt buy fabia even if its priced at par with swift.
Old 19th January 2008, 19:00   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If i were looking for a car, i wouldnt buy fabia even if its priced at par with swift.
This very well sums up, infront of the Swift, the Skoda Pabia lacks appeal!!

Quote:
first. the plan is NOT to sell 200 units. it is to sell MORE than 200 units.
You work for Skoda? I never said they plan to sell 200, it was just an example, where demand is more then supply = waiting period.
Old 19th January 2008, 23:07   #597
BHPian

is the petrol 1.4 available ?
if so , what versions and at what price ?
Old 20th January 2008, 00:10   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
You'd probably be getting a lot more metal for your money: check the gaps, check the fittings.

I'd lay a small amount of money (OK, the price of a round of chai!) on your being able to tell the difference in build quality with your eyes shut.

Of course, I haven't seen the Fabia yet, but I do own a Swift.
Old 20th January 2008, 07:21   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This very well sums up, infront of the Swift, the Skoda Fabia lacks appeal!!
I disagree, other than the high price the Fabia looks like a pretty appealing package. Look at how excited everyone was on this forum about it until the pricing was announced.
Old 20th January 2008, 07:23   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
On the same topic, Nintendo has done this with the Wii to keep the buzz going. Can't say that it is the same with Skoda though.
Nintendo isnt artifiically creating a demand-supply gap with the Wii. They never anticipated that it would be such a success and thus just dont have the capacity to manufacture any more consoles.

Most Viewed