Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 00:29   #676
Senior - BHPian

Just sat in Fabia today. My observations are:

1. Car is bigger and got ample space but at a way toooo extra price
2. interiors, build quality is gr8 no doubt about it.
3. The engine is noisy and not vibration less. It vibrates.

Haven't driven it just observation as the car was getting sunfilm but the engine was on. It was hot today so AC was ON.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:01   #677
BHPian

tata indigo cs starts at 3.79,fabia at 7.5+ is it really worth 2 times the cost? i dont own a indigo but i have sat in one and find it pretty comfy so i guess fabia must be the beemer or merc of the hatch segment in india top end diesel costs nearly 9.5 lakhs on road in mangalore u can buy a top end diesel verna for that price or add 60 k and buy the low end magnum diesel both of them have much more power,space and looks than the fabia
Old 1st February 2008, 10:25   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
Yes i have test driven it. It is pretty spacious and nothing at all like the swift. I think over all its a very nice car. The petrol ones is fairly priced maybe just a lil expensive but its fine . The diesel ones are definitely overpriced. I think the car is well built but they have lost it with the pricing on the diesel ones . I dont think they are able to sell the car though. Autobahn has deliviered only 3 cars till today from their showroom at prabhadevi. I saw a whit one today at Bandra looks really nice .
i fail to understand whats up with these people. the petrol ones-those which are fairly priced are still not there..there i a LONG wait..diesel is overpriced but selling..i have seen quite a lot of fabias by now..most of them white(my personal fav too)..
maybe they are trying to cash in on the diesel market till it saturates and then introduce petrol..
Old 1st February 2008, 10:43   #679
BHPian

by the way..saw this very interesting post on another site by some young guy called HARDCORE: i dont think thats his name-but he chooses to call himself that:

(took me a while to understand it first-this sms lingo is so confusing..wonder how these people remember what stands for what. have changed it to suit us.)

read on:

i called up hyderabad bangalore and chennai to get the status of the petrol top end...chennai dealer told it would take 3 months even if i pay in full because skoda is currently focusing on diesel fabia (selling like hotcakes) so only if orders come by will the car be produced...the chennai dealer told they would get about 60 cars in 3 months but they have some 134 bookings...so looks pretty bleek...bangalore dealer told they can get the car in 1 and a half month stating the same reason the chennai dealer did..the hyderabad dealer told about a months time...

now here is a bomb...i called up skoda customer care to ask about this petrol delay they said there is no such thing as a delay. we give the cars as soon as we get the order-a max of 1 or 2 weeks..i told them about the dealers saying 1-3 months delay..they told no such thing tell them to contact the regional sales manager to get things done...

(you wont believe me, its already taken me 10 minutes-you know how these kids type only-its 1ly)

after this i again called up the dealer and told them the skoda customer care guy said there is no such delay...the hyderabad dealer said he could get in a week... the bangalore girl said she cud get in 2 weeks and the chennai dealer said we will talk to them and let you know..

(i told you..this sounds interesting. i am going to give it a shot. lets see what happens.)
Old 1st February 2008, 10:58   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
tata indigo cs starts at 3.79,fabia at 7.5+ is it really worth 2 times the cost? i dont own a indigo but i have sat in one and find it pretty comfy so i guess fabia must be the beemer or merc of the hatch segment in india top end diesel costs nearly 9.5 lakhs on road in mangalore u can buy a top end diesel verna for that price or add 60 k and buy the low end magnum diesel both of them have much more power,space and looks than the fabia
Also the Verna/Magnum will be cheaper to maintai & service. I dont know what Skoda is thinking. I got a card from them, specially inviting me to the launch of the car, but that reached me way after the car was launched ie yesterday
Old 1st February 2008, 19:05   #681
BHPian

after this i again called up the dealer and told them the skoda customer care guy said there is no such delay...the hyderabad dealer said he could get in a week... the bangalore girl said she cud get in 2 weeks and the chennai dealer said we will talk to them and let you know..

Yes this is true. I have spoken to Autobahn here in Bombay and he said if i booked the car (50,000) he can have it delivered in a weeks time that too the petrol elegance so i dont think they have a waiting period because i was going to book one myself .
Old 1st February 2008, 23:53   #682
BHPian

I feel that someone should report this to Skoda.
Dont know how but if it happens then Skoda might be able to take extra special care of these @#$% dealers who are messing with the customer and also with getting Skoda fooled into believing that people dont want petrol.
In the end, if nothing happens, i feel it is very sad that just because of stupid dealers wanting to pocket a little extra, indians will be forfeiting good cars.

Just my 2 words on the issue.
Old 6th February 2008, 16:03   #683
Team-BHP Support

Popped into the dealer workshop, last week and again yesterday!

Quite a few fabia's....but they have not moved from where they were last week where as the Laura's there last week seem to moved except for a couple of LnK's. Heard a diesel Fabia start up - sounded like a Tata Ace IMHO
Old 7th February 2008, 11:44   #684
Senior - BHPian

Fabia may go the Fusion way.

Fabia, with all due respect to Skoda lovers, may bomb in Indian market. With all the loaded goodies, it's still a hatchback at the end of the day and hence people tend to compare it with other chepaer options. Hatch market is a price-sensitive market. Most hatch buyers tend to look for one for around 4-5 lakhs. And those who can afford 7.5-8.5 lakh price tag of Fabia would tend to pick up a sedan such as Verna or Fiesta which command more respect and status in our sedan-loving nation. Also, the fact that chepaer costing Swift and Getz can beat Fabia in performance will make matters worse for Fabia. And 3 cylinder diesel engines are notorious for noise, vibrations and harshness. Some say 3-pot diesel engines last less than 4-pot engines. Digressing for a moment here, is it true that most Accent CRDi's 3-pot motor requires re-boring at around 1 lakh KMs. Fabia may sell good initially because of novelty factor but may eventually go the Fusion way. It's my personal opinion that Europeans and Americans just cannot make a small cheaper car. Let them leave that to Maruti, Tata and Hyundai and focus more on doing what they are best at doing--- making full size pricier sedans and selling them on the strength of their badge and their royal Eoropean pedigree.
Old 7th February 2008, 16:06   #685
Senior - BHPian

ITS launched almost a month ago if i am not wrong but not seen even a single one on the roads yet..
Old 7th February 2008, 16:57   #686
BHPian

I saw 2/3 on Hyderabad roads. It doesn't stand out from crowd. I was able to recognize it because I knew such a thing exists.
Old 7th February 2008, 18:44   #687
BHPian

Saw a red one on the BEML road, Bangalore today.

But for the grill, it surely is another "version of" Swift.
Old 7th February 2008, 19:45   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
ITS launched almost a month ago if i am not wrong but not seen even a single one on the roads yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Saw a red one on the BEML road, Bangalore today.

But for the grill, it surely is another "version of" Swift.
fx45; now you know why.

I didnt notice it the first time I walked past it as I thought it was another Swift!

Last edited by jkdas : 7th February 2008 at 19:46.
Old 7th February 2008, 21:05   #689
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen a Fabia in Bangalore. Is it a flop or delivery has not started? I like Skoda!!
Old 7th February 2008, 21:17   #690
Senior - BHPian

oh its on the roads. seen FOUR blue ones till now.

Wonlee problem, noisy, and doesnt look like its a 8.5 lakh car. Sorry skoda, you've got it all wrong.

Most Viewed