Team-BHP - Best Place to buy a Used Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Best Place to buy a Used Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33299-best-place-buy-used-car.html)

Hi Folks,

I need an urgent piece of advise.
I am planning to buy a used car(primarily Maruti make) and I am not able to decide as to from where shall I buy one in New Delhi. I will not prefer to go to Car Dealers as most of them dont give you the real picture. Hence I would like to have your feedbacks and suggestions for the same on the Locations, Websites etc..

Regards
RockingStart

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockingstart (Post 664917)
Hi Folks,

I need an urgent piece of advise.
I am planning to buy a used car(primarily Maruti make) and I am not able to decide as to from where shall I buy one in New Delhi. I will not prefer to go to Car Dealers as most of them dont give you the real picture. Hence I would like to have your feedbacks and suggestions for the same on the Locations, Websites etc..

Regards
RockingStart

you can buy at maruti true value outlet, i have purchase my ZEN from them and i have no problem till now.But do make the note of following things
1- check under the floor mat for rust
2- check battary, they ususlly change it but make sure.
3- check for AC compressor noise.
4- make them change fan belt.
5- make them change all 5 tyres.
6- tell them to change oil.
7- take the car for a long drive and close all the window and listen for any noise, also make a good check for and damage to the car for accidents.

regards
uday

I would like to add a small point to item no. 7. Don't switch on the music system while taking the test ride. You will miss out on any kind of suspension noises or rattles, if any.

Thanks for the inputs, I have checked in True Value, But I found their cars costlier then Market Rates, Do we have anything similar but with cheaper rates.

Thanks

I think True value premium is worth it for the peace of mind.
I know people who work at some other famous dealers like Automart. They say rigging of the speedometer is very rampant. A 70000 km car will be passed off as a 40000 km car. A friend bought an Esteem from them and faced some problems like a badly scratched windscreen, AC failure etc. These were replaced under warranty, but its not worth the risk. Better still spread the word around that you want to buy a used car. A friends network usually helps. Also check out some IT company friends. They usually have an internal website advertising sale of employee cars.. Keep used car dealers as the last option. Better safe than sorry.

the above mention checks were done by me while making my purchase of ZEN, i had made this purchase at true value, the price will always be at higher range but you get a peice of mind.

Maruti True Value is genuinely best place to buy used Maruti. I've sold my M-800 to them. No doubts, about who will purchase, RC will be transferred or not. It's worth spending something extra there.

Any inputs on FirstChoice, there ad looks interesting. I guess its a joint venture between M&M, Punj Lloyd.

Do also spend some time on this article also. It could save you from considerable (potential) headache later.