Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 09:50   #61
BHPian

Once the fuel price hike is approved by govt, Shell should bring back the normal versions. Currently the regulations doesnt help them. Other cos can manage since they are subsidised/financed by govt.

Anyway I am getting fantastic mileage with Shell Super on my Santro. About 15 kmpl for pure city runs...(Koramangala/HSR<>MG Road)

Last edited by appuchan : 18th January 2008 at 09:51.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:01   #62
BHPian

I've gone to the Shell fuel station to get my NHC ZX filled up and asked the guy to tank it up with the normal unleaded petrol. He said that Shell has stopped Normal Unleaded petrol in Hyderabad for the past 1 week and told that only Super unleaded was available and also gave me a brouchure which said the same.

Since I do not have enough of fuel left, I've filled upto 10 lts of Super unleaded. I remember the NHC dealer telling people always to use normal unleaded petrol only and not any premium petrols. Will there be any harm if I use Shell Super unleaded fuel in my NHC ZX..?

Last edited by vvrchandra : 25th February 2008 at 10:09.
Old 25th February 2008, 10:06   #63
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had similar experience yesterday when I asked to fill 1000rs Shell normal they said that now no more normal and it will only be shell super.

No clear justification given to me, however they claim that super will be of best quality standards...

Well, most cars are not know to have seen real benfits of premium fuels or additives... In some cases my frds Indiga petrol has seena drastice effect using shell super / xtra permium kinds where in the FE has dropped by 2 kmpl

I am thinking to fall back to IBP for normal petrol
Old 25th February 2008, 11:17   #64
Senior - BHPian

You guys are right, Shell in Hyd stopped normal petrol from Feb 15th, and I was one of the last guys who could have a fill. I bluntly told them that they would never see me again.
So guys, where do I go for my next fill? I need to fill 91 octane fuel. I live off Raj Bhawan Road. Any suggestions of good bunks in the vicinity are welcome.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:36   #65
BHPian

Thats too bad.

OT but had anyone noticed the rough idling with shell super petrol & the dip in mileage?

I started noticing this difference when I started filling at an Indian Oil station close to my house. I just thought this could be my imagination but then my brother asked me the same.
But the fuel that I was most happy with was 97 Future BP. Even my mileage improved.
Old 25th February 2008, 11:58   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
...I need to fill 91 octane fuel...
I was told by the Shell representative that both Shell Normal unleaded petrol and Shell Super unleaded petrol are 91 octane fuel with Shell super having additives.
Old 25th February 2008, 12:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I was told by the Shell representative that both Shell Normal unleaded petrol and Shell Super unleaded petrol are 91 octane fuel with Shell super having additives.
Thanks, but I already know that. I am wary of using Shell super because the additives they use may not augur well for the car. Ford strongly recommends ordinary 91 octane fuel,with system G. The additives in System G may be different.
Old 27th February 2008, 00:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Diesel @ Rs.42.4

Guys, Shell have even beaten Reliance in price. They are selling Super Diesel for Rs.42.4 in Bangalore .
Old 27th February 2008, 10:09   #69
BHPian

Vnabhi,

I agree with you about Shell super not going well on FE.

You may think of IBP filling outlets they are decent for you it would be by lane via Mahavir motors leading to somajiguda road which has IBP...

I am alos switching to IBP now on ....have one near my home in Srinagar cly and other near my off in bpet
Old 27th February 2008, 10:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Vnabhi,

You may think of IBP filling outlets they are decent for you it would be by lane via Mahavir motors leading to somajiguda road which has IBP...

I am alos switching to IBP now on ....have one near my home in Srinagar cly and other near my off in bpet
I am getting better mileage after shifting from Shell Super to Speed and IOC Xtra Premium.
Old 27th February 2008, 10:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Vnabhi,

I was talking about the one too near Srinagar Colony where I live.

We are very close by.
Old 27th February 2008, 10:53   #72
BHPian

Cool Exister, I am regular to Shell near Sarathy studios. But IBP is close by I stay behind Krishe, Sri Krishna Devaraya Nagar colony inside.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:19   #73
BHPian

I don't understand why many people/cars complain about poor mileage when using Shell super. I get the best mileage on my Santro and Verna with it. And I don't mind paying 60 to 100 bucks extra for a tank full when I get peace of mind regarding fuel quality with a smoother drive and better ROI through mileage and engine life.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:26   #74
BHPian

Hi Appuchan,

May be ur cars have diff experince but cars i have driven /drive known to given less FE, how ever i see smoothness in engines....
Old 27th February 2008, 18:32   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thanks VC12, but is the ordinary petrol in IBP and IOC 91 octane?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks