Team-BHP - Nissan to bring in Infiniti
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Nissan to bring in Infiniti (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33496-nissan-bring-infiniti.html)

Nissan is planning to bring their Infiniti range to India to compete against Merc and BMW. They want to bring their G series sedans and the all new EX crossover SUV series.

The EX is being introduced in 2008 so we seem to be getting the new launches clap:

The question remains though is about they would compare against the Merc/BMW brand. People buying vehicles at this price range are definately out to a make a statement, so Nissan needs to be build up the Infiniti brand.

Nissan is already have the Teana to fight with the C-class and the 3 series, and looks like they want a piece of the market in E/S-class and the 5-series.

It will be interesting to note if they want to bring these in under the Nissan brand or the Infinit brand. They are just building up the Nissan brand name, so don't know if it makes sense to build up another brand name.

Mod Note: I could not find a thread for this news. Please move it to the correct area if necessary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thangu (Post 668552)

The EX is being introduced in 2008 so we seem to be getting the new launches clap:

The question remains though is about they would compare against the Merc/BMW brand. People buying vehicles at this price range are definitely out to a make a statement, so Nissan needs to be build up the Infiniti brand.

Nissan is already have the Teana to fight with the C-class and the 3 series, and looks like they want a piece of the market in E/S-class and the 5-series.

Just what i have been waiting for ! The Japanese automakers to roll out their luxury lines in India.

Infiniti is a well built up brand abroad specially in the states. Yes, Nissan would require some brand building in India but I am sure if priced well (which they usual do compared to BMW,MB,AUdi) consumers would readily accept the levels of luxury these cars would bring in, not to forget the reliablity !

The Teana honestly was a bad option for them to choose for India. The G35 on the other hand could change things for the company here. Although i put my money on them bringing it in as CBU...CKD would be a much better option to fight competition!

Lets hope Lexus and Acura follow Infiniti's trail to India soon !

As per what i have heard(inside news) Toyota is planning to get Lexus here, some time after they launch the new Corolla.

i dont think infiniti is going to be here in near future
i have seen some infinities in india but accept the Q45 posted on this forum all the others
i have seen are from 1991 to 1995 period
so i guess we just have to see it
to early
peoples preferance in changing

I have my doubts on Infiniti, after seeing the pricing / handling of the Teana. Do they even have competent diesels in the range?

Buttttttttttttttttttttttt a Lexus : Now we are talking. A luxury car without the hassles of owning one (Merc unreliability, horrendously priced spares and servicing etc.). Lexus has fantastic badge value in India too.

^
Infinitis are known for handling and reliability-the G infact is almost as good as 3er( and more reliable) and is priced cheaper in NA.I do not think they have diesels( may be for Europe as they are just launching it there).Infinitis are still sold as Nissans in Japan and some other markets except NA,SK and Taiwan.
If you like cars for their handling-you will like the G or M way more than any Lexus models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 668644)
As per what i have heard(inside news) Toyota is planning to get Lexus here, some time after they launch the new Corolla.

Now that would be really interesting... Lexus as a brand is probably more well known as a luxury brand in India compared to Nissan/Infiniti combined together.

And as GTO mentioned they definately are more reliable than other luxury brands in India.

I rented a G35 when I was in US last time for a weekend. Fantastic car!!!!

I did a 65 MPH (104 kmph) in a bend rated 15 MPH (24 kmph) near the hotel I stayed [Basically a very sharp bend, but there is no traffic since the road goes into some remote place and has no cop :D ] - The car took the turn so coolly! Loved the grip and handling. I also used to 35 -> 75 short sprints in the freeways just to feel the acceleration of 303 BHP engine.

I hope the car comes to India [and is available for rent stupid: ]

Wow!! Now thats something to look out for. Infiniti cars are really good in all aspects. Especially the G37 coupe..boy..thats one superb car! I'm not a big fan of the other cars though. The M35 is probably the only other one I consider as being a goodie. QX45...hmm..maybe!

m 35/45 and fx series are the best ones frm infiniti.

I stand corrected...I meant the FX35.
As for the earlier styles,like the I30/35 and the Q45..I somehow just don't like the latter.

If the FX35 can be launched at around 25 lakhs, it will reallly give the C-class and 3 series a run for its money.
Probably one of the best looking SUVs imo, perfect machine for mumbai roads....tackle the broken roads with ease and burn rubber on tarmac.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 668644)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 668758)
Buttttttttttttttttttttttt a Lexus : Now we are talking. A luxury car without the hassles of owning one (Merc unreliability, horrendously priced spares and servicing etc.). Lexus has fantastic badge value in India too.

I dont understand why Toyota launched the Camry in India, They could have easily bought it in as a Lexus ES and people would find it a lot easier to fork out "CBU" money for a Lexus rather than a Toyota.

Now! Now!

why would Nissan-Renault price Infiniti similar to teana levels?

Teana and G35 are in different leagues.

And afaik Infinitis are always cheaper, more powerful, heavy and spacious than Lexus and Acura cars.

And yes I looooooove Infinitis absolutely.

Lexus would be welcome. But at what price!!! I think all the 'entry level' luxury cars are being sold at the real 'luxury' car prices. Pricing will be so inflated that you will find Merc/BMW as VFM. Good for Merc/BMW!