Team-BHP - find out fuel lid placement by seeing odometer?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   find out fuel lid placement by seeing odometer? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33501-find-out-fuel-lid-placement-seeing-odometer.html)

Hi all,

Today morning i got a news that if your tank lid is on the left side, then your odometer->fuel gun picture will face left. If your tank lid is on the right then it will face right.

see the picture

now, if this is true then this is really a news to me.

PS - I cant test it in my vehicle as it is sold.

I have heard this before and this info is not true. NHC beats this logic.

what if it faces up or down?lol:

then you have a bike akshay - so its in the middle! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 668737)

that means, if it is facing front, you have a bullock cart :D

Missed Swift By 180 Degrees

Quote:

Originally Posted by phamilyman (Post 668737)

BMWs have it facing down, just below the speedo.

NHC has on Top so this ain't true in all the cases

Guys guys... Look at the picture carefully! It doesn't matter where the the dial or the diagram of that small pump is, what matters is where that fuel dispenser nozzle points at!!

And i believe it possibly cant be down or up whatever the case might be.

Would you guys want to recheck this on your cars please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 668711)
Hi all,

Today morning i got a news that if your tank lid is on the left side, then your odometer->fuel gun picture will face left. If your tank lid is on the right then it will face right.

see the picture

now, if this is true then this is really a news to me.

PS - I cant test it in my vehicle as it is sold.

absolutely true. but its not the fuel gun that points to the lid, its the small arrow. i have this feature on my ford fusion and i'm pretty sure its on all the fiestas as well.

Yes, nowadays many cars put this arrow mark to indicate whether fuel lid is on left or right side.

I wonder if it is something too difficult to remember, which should be reminded to people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbasak (Post 670073)
Yes, nowadays many cars put this arrow mark to indicate whether fuel lid is on left or right side.

I wonder if it is something too difficult to remember, which should be reminded to people.

To be very frank, YES! It is something I always keep on forgetting.
But these days, there're fuel dispensers which reach to any side of the car. Some are even suspended on the roof which makes the whole procedure easy.

One thing I personally observed is that the fuel lid is always on the opposite side of the location of your exhaust tip. Can someone prove me wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 670673)
One thing I personally observed is that the fuel lid is always on the opposite side of the location of your exhaust tip. Can someone prove me wrong?

The Fuel lid placement actually would (ideally) be dictated by the steering wheel position, LHD or RHD. So this might be sheer coincidence.

But what about the 60s Jag S type, with two fuel tanks and fillers on either side?

Lucky for you it has 2 exhaust pipes as well, as do all Beetles after 55. But they had the fillers and tanks up front under the hood:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 670673)

Very good observation, but logical!