Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 00:34   #31
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
@rks 5J, that hindu review is done by an Autocar India guy called Shapur Kotwal.
ACI is linked with a lot of magazines and newspapers.
So are you disputing that review? If so in what respect? I notice that a lot of nonsense gets said in various forums about Santro and now i10 but I think the truth is much more closely represented in this review and earlier Hindu reviews which put Santro ahead of the competition in its class.

And - I almost forgot -- the 5J wheels are standard equipment in some foreign equivalents of the Santro; take a look at the Atos specifications below in Zambia:

hyundai,atos,hyundai atos 1.1 gls specs for Used car and new car sales. Autoteam - You Call, We Find, You Choose first in new, used cars pre-owned vehicles and demo vehicles

The Atos (this is the 2005 model) looks the same as Xing and comes with 155/70 R13 tyres on 5J X 13" steel rims. Obviously the bad roads must have influenced Hyundai to put in the 4J rims in the Indian version of the Santro and i10. I prefer 5J alloys anyday with tubeless tyres.
Old 31st December 2007, 09:15   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
Sorry pal
check this out
http://www.whatcar.co.uk/news-specia...706&EL=3225775 (Go to Hyundai i10, which clearly tells
"updated version of Kia's value-for-money Picanto")
That is probably because the car sold in that market is the Picanto and not the Atos. Else they would've mentioned updated version of Hyundai's value-for-money Atos.

The Picanto, Atos and the Santro are all the same car and yes this is an updated version of the Santro.

What exactly are we trying to prove?
Old 31st December 2007, 13:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
The Hyundai i10 just beat out the Logan.
Logan How can it even come close ?It should've been at the bottom of the list IMHO.
Old 1st January 2008, 13:31   #34
BHPian

SX4 - My Choice

SX4 would have been my choice - i10 is overpriced IMHO - Just do a feature / engine comparison between Swift ZXI and i10 Magna(O).

SX4 forced haughty Honda [I can see flames being thrown at me by Honda fans] to add ABS/Airbags to the hot selling (pun intended) VTEC version.

I am not a big fan of the build quality of Swift/SX4, but it did redefine a segment.

But going by previous year's award, I am sure this is a better judgement. I can now visualize ads and hoarding with Shah Rukh saying 'Are you not driving the car of the year?' flaunting his 6 packs.
Old 1st January 2008, 20:52   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
The i10 is definitely not as peppy as the Santro. But, I wouldn't compare it with the WagonR.
Neither would I!

WagonR NVH is quite bad. There is a typical engine whine heard inside the cabin, which is rather irritating. i10 on te other hand seems to have the best NVH in the list.

I was saying- the i10 felt like the WagonR while driving. The acceleration and response throughout the ranges fet similar to WagonR that i have, compared to Santro/Getz 1.1 which i find more peppy. Got it?
Old 1st January 2008, 22:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Neither would I!

WagonR NVH is quite bad. There is a typical engine whine heard inside the cabin, which is rather irritating. i10 on te other hand seems to have the best NVH in the list.

I was saying- the i10 felt like the WagonR while driving. The acceleration and response throughout the ranges fet similar to WagonR that i have, compared to Santro/Getz 1.1 which i find more peppy. Got it?

Got it boss. Just cant agree with you. That's why i mentioned the refinement factor. The i10 is far more refined, this is easily noticeable. So, the feel is different IMO.

One thing that is quite similar is the ultra light steering response of the i10 which kept reminding me of the WagonR. Maybe it's even lighter than the WagonR.
Old 9th January 2008, 21:37   #37
BHPian

Wow, even CNBC COTY is i10... was just watching it

Honda Civic is "exective COTY"
Maruti SX4 is "VFM car", "midsize COTY" and "viewers choice"
BMW 3 series premium COTY
Maruti manufacturer of the year
Jagadish Khattar is man of the year
Optra Magnum variant of the year

Effectively all gets award, so no bad breath..

Last edited by appuchan : 9th January 2008 at 21:54.
Old 9th January 2008, 22:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Effectively all gets award, so no bad breath..

You meant bad blood right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks