Toyota 3 1.38%
VW 1 0.46%
Volvo 0 0%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 12:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Team-BHP Manufacturer of the Year 2008

Like the team-bhp car of the year poll, this poll is meant to recognize good work done by manufacturers, whether that means getting in new models on time or pricing cars perfectly or offering new options to consumers, some manufacturers are definatly ahead of others. Pick the manufacturer that you think is taking the Automobile Industry in the right direction.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:57   #2
BHPian

A very tough poll.. Every company has pros and cons in the car... So, need to think a lot before going for the poll.
Old 29th December 2007, 12:57   #3
BHPian

I think it is definitely Suzuki, they have brought Swift & SX4 which have definitely lifted the standards in both the segments.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:01   #4
BANNED

If the 1L car comes out as promised, then nothing but TATA. Even if not, they have a better edge than many others in my opinion.
So, I'm not voting till the Auto Expo!
Old 29th December 2007, 13:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

Indeed a Very Tough poll but i think it is Chevy which deserves it by introducing many cars this year and also give good offers and after sales with the cars.

Optra Magnum is one of the best product it has delivered this year and no doubt the next year will see the Captiva rise and give a tough challenge in the Upper Class SUV Segment
Old 29th December 2007, 13:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
A very tough poll.. Every company has pros and cons in the car... So, need to think a lot before going for the poll.
Hyundai lover wont be voting for Hyundai ?
Old 29th December 2007, 13:04   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't mean to be biased but i think BMW has really stirred up the luxury car market. Essentially they have broken a decade of monopoly that MBIL held, offering Indian consumers a lot more for their money by understanding that we too need and demand the high end features that are offered abroad. BMW has studied the mature Indian luxury car market and set higher standards which have bench marked the segment.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:07   #8
BHPian

Its TATAs for sure, the One Lac Car though not yet launched, has made several manufacturers start work one an entirely New Segment, if it succeeds then the entry level car market will never be the same again.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:12   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I don't mean to be biased but i think BMW has really stirred up the luxury car market. Essentially they have broken a decade of monopoly that MBIL held, offering Indian consumers a lot more for their money by understanding that we too need and demand the high end features that are offered abroad. BMW has studied the mature Indian luxury car market and set higher standards which have bench marked the segment.

The New C is going to break that for the 3 series for sure and the New E (2009 i think ) will be 1 hell of the car. But Ya , it is good. But looking at the status of people which can afford it. Hardly 5%

So Though it has beaten the Merc in the Segment, I wouldnt Still Rate them the Manufacturer of the Year

(P.S) No Harsh Feelings, Just My opinion
Old 29th December 2007, 13:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Hyundai lover wont be voting for Hyundai ?
Not sure about it. They havnt done a good job in the marketing. lol
thinking of voting MUL, instead of hyundai, just launched i10
Good interiors, good engine but price just a bit over priced if we look at the interiors too.
Yes, the baby looks good.. but you know MUL is good in marketing, this is where they are at its best.
Like i said in my earlier posts, MUL's dealership and marketing is wooping high, this is where hyundai goes down.
No Offense: Built wise hyundai rules over MUL. But Marketing and Dealership MUL Rocks no doubt.

If we look on a wider aspect, MUL did a great job for people and given airbags, alloys, abs, ebd, good engines (swift) at affordable price, forget about the build quality, janta is happy with it, they also made honda to have airbags and abs to their over priced honda city too.
Every year MUL is launch new things, DDis, Estilo, SX4, now swift sedan, Splash, diesel sx4... it proves that they are being well aggressive in the market. Hyundai on the other hand, Last year Verna (we pay for the engine) and this year i10 (interiors are good but a bit over priced) that's it, next year i30 sedan, santa fe and... ?

It was a boom in the auto market after the launch of sx4, which forced other companies to give good features in their cars.

I can't say anything on i30, i20 or new elantra. Santa Fe... Ahem well over price inspite of having such big engine under its hood.
So, till yet no votes...
But Still thinking, tick tock tick tock...

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 29th December 2007 at 13:24.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:25   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
The New C is going to break that for the 3 series for sure and the New E (2009 i think ) will be 1 hell of the car. But Ya , it is good. But looking at the status of people which can afford it. Hardly 5%

So Though it has beaten the Merc in the Segment, I wouldnt Still Rate them the Manufacturer of the Year

(P.S) No Harsh Feelings, Just My opinion
You are right abhinav, but i doubt MB would offer the specs that it is on the new C had BMW not launched the 325 with all the gizmos like i-drive,xenons etc. And as per the Jan issues of most mags the new C still doesn't over all the features that come on the 325. Hopefully they will launch a higher spec model too. As for the E-class it wont come to India for over a year and obviously MBIL will get something better than the current 5 series since they are gonna revamp the car totally. Then again 2010 will see the new 5 series launch which might again beat the 2009 E-class so this fight will always continue to our benefit.

Yes maybe only a small segment of people can afford BMWs in the country but like i said i havent voted because i own one. I rated it manufacturer of the year only because it broken a monopoly and offered a lot more VFM to set new standards.

As long as the manufacturer is competively priced, i don't think the amount should be a criteria on judging how the manufacturer has performed.

Last edited by Sahil : 29th December 2007 at 13:28.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:40   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Manufacturer of the year i think should be maruti suzuki for the sucessful launch of SX4 and the diesel variant of the Swift hatchback,both these car are sucessful and are leading sales charts.
Old 29th December 2007, 13:58   #13
BHPian

well i this is an award for the year ending 2007 then tata shouldnt be considered,
if it is for things to come then there are many choices
Fiat shouldnt be ruled out considering they are gonna try and have a comeback-
now if it clicks it could be a huge comeback from no-where
(im talking with respect to the Aam janta who kinda have lost faith in the fiat A.S.S , spares and uncertainty about its future-well till the 7 launches thing happened!)
Old 29th December 2007, 14:00   #14
BHPian

My vote goes to Tata for being proactive in the market. They may not have the quality but they are constantly improving and redefining VFM.
Old 29th December 2007, 14:14   #15
BHPian

voted for bmw for trusting the potential of indian market and bringing out some of the finest cars. Moreover it is backed up by some excellent customer service.

Most Viewed