Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2007, 09:27   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Innova + Corolla on the cards by early 2008?

One can buy an Innova at a very good price now ( think till 31st Jan). And guess the same goes for Corolla.

My cousin and 3 of his friends were gonna book 4 Innova last week but backed up as they couldnt provide the white one and hence canceled the deal. He said they went ahead with booking coz they got a great bargain price. He also mentioned that new face-lifted ( head lights and sort) Innova would be out by Feb or so.

A face-lifted Innova can be a possibility as new Corolla is soon to debut here.
Old 30th December 2007, 09:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

They might launch limited edition Innova early 2008, but based on what I heard nothing major changes expected, If so it will be by 2009.

Innova definately need better clear head lights and foot rest side of clutch, inside adjustable mirrors in G versions etc. so such things Toyota would consider based on customer's feedback.

FYI: Aftermarket clear headlights etc.. accessories are available for Innova already.

Right now toyota concentrates fully on new Corolla I feel.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 30th December 2007 at 09:45.
Old 30th December 2007, 11:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes I too have heard that there could be a possibility of a new innova,infact the dealer even said that stock clearance was taking place right now and the new innova[or whatever the vehicle may be called] could actually be something to fill the space left by the qualis.

Ofcourse this is still unconfirmed stuff and don't know how much to trust these guys.
Old 30th December 2007, 11:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

New innova? Isn't it just going to be a mid-life facelift?

New Corolla is inevitable though. The current Corolla is struggling against the competition.
Quote:
New Innova + Corolal on the cards by early 2008?
We need corrections in the thread title for Corolla.
Old 30th December 2007, 11:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

corolal....may be influenced by mohanlal....:-)
Old 30th December 2007, 11:50   #6
Senior - BHPian

I dont know who gave this news, but as far as i have heard, there is no upgraded version of the Innova coming till the New Corolla is launched. Also it will be a MMC, with parking sensors, climate control and new bumpers. Cost is expected to go up by 40k as well.

Toyotas current plan in India is something like this.

Oct 2008 -New Toyota Corolla
Dec 2008 - Facelifted Innova with the Minor changes as mentioned above.
May 2009 - Diesel Corolla
And then a small car.

They plan to phase out the Innova just like how they did with the Qualis and then launch some other product, maybe the Fortuner.

I can confidently say there is no upgraded Innova coming for atleast a years time. As one of my friends(who is in Toyota) told me that they come to know 6 months before if a car is coming, since they have to pre order it.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

My cab driver too believes that a new Innova is on cards in February, thats why huge discounting and stock clearing. I dont know if he has the right information, but there is sure a rumor about the change is inevitable on the cards!!!!
Old 30th December 2007, 12:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think TOyota is going to Launch the new Corrolla in March ( Axio ).

Corrolla right now is struggling really hard in front of the Civic.

Innova is doing just fine.
Old 30th December 2007, 12:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

I really do not think that the new Corolla is likely to be launched before mid-2008 (most likely Aug-Oct 2008). Not too knowledgable about Innova though but if BUSA has inside info that should be good enough.

PS: When I was buying Corolla in 3/07 I also did research on new Corolla. From what I could gather, it was not expected (at that time) before mid-2008. Subsequent events have proved this right (no launch till now). More to the point, Toyota dealers assured me that there was to be no new Corolla at least till mid-2008. Seems like they were speaking the truth. I really think BUSA would have also done some research and perhaps he is reasonably certain that `facelifted Innova' (not a new generation) was not a possibility before mid to late 2008.

Lmited editions of Innova though are a possibility as was the case with a limited edition Corolla sometime in July-Aug 2007.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:38   #10
BHPian

Any idea of what a good discount would be on the corolla - especially the auto transmission version
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:58   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
corolal....may be influenced by mohanlal....:-)
extremely funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post

Toyotas current plan in India is something like this.

Oct 2008 -New Toyota Corolla
Dec 2008 - Facelifted Innova with the Minor changes as mentioned above.
May 2009 - Diesel Corolla
And then a small car.

They plan to phase out the Innova just like how they did with the Qualis and then launch some other product, maybe the Fortuner.

oh yes indeed. the small car project has been approved and they are now looking at setting up a plant perhaps in the existing facility itself as they are said to have about 500 acres free still in Bidadi. so according to reliable
sources they are on track with the small car stuff. so you can definitely expect it by 2010. whether it will be auris or yaris or something else time shall tell.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:27   #12
BANNED

It's definitely time to freshen up the Innova as per all the customer feedback.

The new Corolla launch is also inevitable now. I believe Toyota will launch Corolla first and then bring the freshened up Innova. Or maybe the opposite way to keep the New Corolla attraction flowing for more time. A launch soon after the Corolla launch may dampen the attraction. Hmmm.... Speculations!
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:58   #13
BHPian

I heard from guys at th Toyota plan in Blr that leftover stock of old model corollas are gonna be sold at around 5-6 lakhs around April-June if any are still left
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONLORD View Post
I heard from guys at th Toyota plan in Blr that leftover stock of old model corollas are gonna be sold at around 5-6 lakhs around April-June if any are still left
5-6 lacs?
Maybe around the 8 lac mark. (A 2 lac discount)
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:47   #15
BHPian

I suppose the rate will be for the staff at the plant in blr and ofcourse taxes and registration will be extra, my company is next to the plant and this is the rumour there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks