Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:09   #46

Shouldn't we leave it to market forces to decide for Suzuki,if their design and specs for the Swift Sedan, was a success or otherwise?! The sales figure would tell the story and quite frankly the only story that Suzuki have their eyes/ears set upon!

I just feel that us members on this lovely forum are slightly over-estimating our views and ideas of how cars should be.I think thats a lil self-indulgent attitude. The masses eventually buy what they feel is the best value for their hard-earned money!

As the lovely Kareena would popularly say.."lets all take a CHILL-PILL!"

No offence meant to anyone,either intended or otherwise.

Cheers.
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:54   #47
tez
BHPian

If swift sedan with good engine looks really ugly, it would get rejected by aam junta and enthusiasts would pick it up after hefty discounts as in baleno but still would love to see it in flesh before commenting on its ugliness if any
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:50   #48
BHPian

How many of us know that the Esteem is a sedan version of OLD Swift, which can be found in europe?
So when they launched the new swift hatch they use the same platform for the sedan.
On a personal note I would say the old Swift (Esteem with out boot) was looking ugly.
Old 2nd January 2008, 18:53   #49
BHPian

Check this out, Older version of Suzuki Swift in UK
Suzuki Swift (92-03) Review - Parker's
does it looks like an ESTEEM without boot :-)
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:05   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
If swift sedan with good engine looks really ugly, it would get rejected by aam junta and enthusiasts would pick it up after hefty discounts as in baleno but still would love to see it in flesh before commenting on its ugliness if any
Baleno was overpriced when it came out. Thats why sales never took off!

As for the swift sedan, it cannot be overpriced as SX4 is pretty well priced above it.
Old 3rd January 2008, 15:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why single out Maruti only?
The only reason is this -

If you look at SX4, it was designed together as a sedan and a station wagon from ground up.
Here, Both SX4s look sensible.

I am sure that with your experience, you will agree with me that adding a boot on a swift and modifying the rear will effect its body rigidity. It doesnt matter if they designed it on computer bla bla...like pointed out by someone on page1. We all know why they want to add a boot. Typically - Even the cars with a moonroof dont behave the same that are without one.

A good example of properly modifying a car is - Honda City / Jazz
It is not easy to tell that they are same cars eventhough they are.

And it doesnt hurt eyes either

Simply putting butt-plug behind a Swift ruins the love for the original Swift.

If a car was designed to be a hatch, please leave it just like that.

Last edited by eflanker : 3rd January 2008 at 16:07.
Old 3rd January 2008, 16:27   #52
BHPian

Some people dont seem to get it.

It doesnt matter if TATA modified Indica/Indigo
And it doesnt matter if Honda modified City/Jazz

I repeat - The designer of SWIFT designed it with a hatch in mind.

The sedan that is based on Swift Chassis is called SX4 !!! do you understand now?

The SWIFT is based on a specific platform. They can build whatever they want on the platform, for example, Swift hatch, SX4 sedan etc. The problem is damaging an existing design that is accepted globally.
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflanker View Post
Some people dont seem to get it.

The sedan that is based on Swift Chassis is called SX4 !!! do you understand now?

The SWIFT is based on a specific platform. They can build whatever they want on the platform, for example, Swift hatch, SX4 sedan etc. The problem is damaging an existing design that is accepted globally.
This is something new "SX4" is the sedan version of swift I thought SX4 sedan is based on Suzuki SX4 (hatch) AKA FIAT Sedici which is a kind of cross over. SX4 was originally co developed by Suzuki and FIAT, where as swift is a pure suzuki design
I am confused
Old 3rd January 2008, 18:39   #54
BHPian

Quote:

If you look at SX4, it was designed together as a sedan and a station wagon from ground up.
Here, Both SX4s look sensible.

Correct me if I am wrong.

When you say "SX4 was designed together as a sedan and a station wagon from ground up", SX4 sedan was released much later than SX4 wagon - how could you say that they were designed together?

Still if that was true, why couldn't someone think 'even Swift was designed together but sedan is being released only now'?
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Any proof of this? Then, how come the sedan was launched much later than the hatch.

Quote:
I am sure that with your experience, you will agree with me that adding a boot on a swift and modifying the rear will effect its body rigidity. It doesnt matter if they designed it on computer bla bla...like pointed out by someone on page1. We all know why they want to add a boot. Typically - Even the cars with a moonroof dont behave the same that are without one.
We are yet to see even proper pictures of the car, and people have already decided on it's body rigidity.

Let me ask, is anybody complaining about the "body rigidity" of the Ford Ikon or the Fiat Linea or the Fiat Petra. Lets wait till we actually see and drive the car before commenting on its "body rigidity".
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:26   #56
BHPian

Quote:

Well, see, this is an engineering debate. I dont think how many of us have actually designed automobiles in some reputed company to be qualified to comment on that Swift can not be converted to a sedan. Actually this is manufactrurers sole prerogative to offer us a competent product and our prerogative to buy it or not (ofcourse on certain objective and subjective parameters). I dont understand why is this unnecessary debate is going on such a subject.
I also think this is too premature to make such a fast and hard opinion on a product that is yet to be launched (that too just on a photo, which I still dont know is real or not).
Old 3rd January 2008, 19:50   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Any proof?

Suzuki SX4 hatch/Fiat Sedici was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and was brought out in 2006. Suzuki showed the sedan version in 2007. Now, Judging from the GC, it doesnt seem they had he sedan version in mind in the first place.
Quote:
A good example of properly modifying a car is - Honda City / Jazz
It is not easy to tell that they are same cars eventhough they are.
And it doesnt hurt eyes either
oh! Please! NHC, as far as look are concerned-

And, i'm very sure majority will support that! The tail looks awkward even though they have tried to mask it with a facelift!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd January 2008 at 19:52.
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

i think the swift sedan looks weird

i might have looked better if the rear was just like the front atleast there would have been symmetry
Old 4th January 2008, 16:53   #59
BHPian

Heard that the swift sedan will be launched in both petrol and diesel variants with same engines as the existing swift models on the road . More or less this confirms the fact that they are just chopping of its back and gluing a boot in !!
Old 4th January 2008, 18:03   #60

Well I have to agree that the spy pic doesn't look pretty at all... But like the SX4 looked better in pics than the real thing.... This car could be better than it looks (atleast initially)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks