Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of these you'll consider to fill fuel for your car?
Shell premium 105 27.06%
HP 81 20.88%
IOC 107 27.58%
BP 55 14.18%
Reliance 18 4.64%
Speed 19 4.90%
Others 3 0.77%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2014, 16:42   #151
BHPian

Re: Poll: Which brand of fuel (petrol or diesel)?

I never considered Shell because of higher cost. Always found Indian Oil pumps pretty badly maintained and shady in Pune/Mumbai. So since I started driving four wheeler, I restricted myself to Bharat Petroleum and HP. Since around 2008, I started preferring Bharat Petroleum over HP. That was the period when I used to do a lot of Mumbai-Pune drive on e-way (At least once a week up-down). Quite a few times, I started noticing that I used to get better mileage with BP than with HP. Down the line, I have had more experiences and perceptions such that now I only stick with BP.
Old 1st March 2017, 17:53   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

In Delhi I didn't have this luxury but I have currently shifted to Vadodara for a short term project. And I have access to all the fuel outlets here. Which one is better out of shell, Reliance and Essar for diesel? I thought since it is available, I will try something different from the regular HP/BP pumps.
Old 1st March 2017, 20:46   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
but I have currently shifted to Vadodara for a short term project. And I have access to all the fuel outlets here. Which one is better out of shell, Reliance and Essar for diesel?
I suggest Reliance, have experienced IOC/HP/BP/Essar/Reliance.
Plus, all three cars with us run on Reliance fuel since last 3 years. No problem till date.

Innova had black some out of HP pump. That was an accidental fill for 4-5 times by chauffeur.

Plus, Reliance has some diesel card which I was informed yesterday. They claim diesel to be 0.55 Rs. cheaper with that card. Didn't inquire further, this was at High Tension Road Reliance fuel outlet. Also, all Reliance outlets have a banner "Diesel is Rs. 1 less than market Rates".

Suggest you try Reliance first.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st March 2017 at 20:49.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 09:01   #154
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Reviving an old thread. I voted for Bharat Petroleum as I generally patronize with it with my Petrocard.
Nowadays, I started buying fuel from Reliance mainly because diesel is cheaper than the psu pumps by ₹ 1/litre and clean toilets. During my just-concluded GJ ride, I patronized with Reliance. Only in the absence of Reliance, my Thunderbird 500 had petrol from the sarkari pumps. I am unable to change my vote to Reliance!

Old 2nd March 2017, 10:05   #155
BHPian

During my stay in Chennai, I used to fill my car regularly with petrol from Shell outlet at Porur. There was visible improvement in smoothness and refinement in my Indica Vista Safire. Even during my frequent visits to Bangalore, I made a point to fill up only at Shell outlets.

During my visits to Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh, I have filled up with Reliance and Essar fuels as well. I find them better than HP/BP/IOCL but slightly lower than Shell.

After returning back to Mumbai, my choice is again limited to HP, BP or IOCL. Surprisingly, I find no Shell, Reliance or Essar outlets here in Mumbai.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 2nd March 2017 at 10:06.
Old 2nd March 2017, 10:36   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Plus, Reliance has some diesel card which I was informed yesterday. They claim diesel to be 0.55 Rs. cheaper with that card. Didn't inquire further, this was at High Tension Road Reliance fuel outlet. Also, all Reliance outlets have a banner "Diesel is Rs. 1 less than market Rates".

Suggest you try Reliance first.
Filled her up at Reliance. And it is indeed true that they have priced it at a rupee less than market price. The car drank 53L. I am not sure if it is psychological or otherwise, but it felt smoother. I have only driven it for 40 kms since the refill and will see how it behaves during the full tank range and the mileage that I get from it.
Old 16th May 2017, 14:02   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Was at the recently opened Essar bunk @ Avalahalli in Bangalore today. Happened to speak with the owner, who said that Essar has got approval for at least 25+ bunks in Bangalore. What is more interesting is - apparently Essar supplies both HP -and- SHELL ! And the fuel to the Shell & Essar bunks ( at least in KA) is from the same storage tanks near Mangalore. If this is true, one just needs to go to an Essar bunk to get Shell fuel with out the premium.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 16:11   #158
BHPian

Reliance petrol is indeed pretty good from my experience of topping up my RC. I have experienced gruff engine due to poor quality regular fuel from IOC COCO pump in Mumbai and two full tanks of Reliance later, things were are their best again!

In terms of performance, I found Reliance, BP speed and ICO xtra premium to be at par however, Reliance regular is cheaper option so it a no brainer to go to for Reliance which is cheaper and gives better performance!
ksameer1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 21:51   #159
BHPian

We've been driving diesels for over 15 years now. We used to normally fill up from Bharat Petroleum.. Could notice difference in fuel efficiency between IOC and BP. never tried Reliance.

Then one day Shell outlet opens up on our daily route. Thought of just trying out and was literally amazed. When I first tried I was driving a Corolla Altis 2010 1.4D4D. I always used to crib about the dead engine and the low pick up. But I dont know what the difference was, the difference in engine responsiveness and pick up was so significant in the Corolla, I have never filled up from another brand since that day.

Now I drive a Ciaz Diesel, and the difference in performance as well as fuel efficiency is clearly visible. And it really is, its no imagination. I've actually tried and experimented filling from another place just to make sure. But each and every time the difference is visible.

In the cars that we now have in our home Verna Diesel 1.6, Ciaz Diesel 1.3, Honda City 1.5 Diesel, even if someone else from the family has filled up the tank, I can always make out without doubt whether the fuel is from Shell or from any other pump except Shell. I dont claim I'll be able to tell between IOC or BP or Reliance. But Shell vs any other brand, without a doubt. My brother even tried to test me because he never felt any difference, hes tried to test me multiple times but I always passed..

And now I hear from Shell station attendants that Diesel V Power is coming soon. Cant wait to try it just to see the difference. For regular routine, their Diesel called Diesel with Fuel Economy is absolutely fine and gives better power than other brands.
Old 27th May 2017, 13:48   #160
BHPian

My first choice is Indian oil. Been filling petrol from IOC for many years for my fiesta 1.6S and Liva sportivo. I find both the cars to be smoother with ioc petrol compared to other brands. For a while I tried Shell but felt my cars performed better with IOC.
Old 27th May 2017, 13:54   #161
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

HP for many years. Petrol or Diesel.
Tend to go there because of Payback.
Old 27th May 2017, 22:17   #162
BHPian

I can assure you that Shell is better than others. I think I know more about fuel because my father owns a fuel station. Here are are all the brands arranged in decreasing order of fuel quality and reliability.-

1. Shell
2. Reliance
3. Speed
4. BP
5. IOC
6. HP

If anyone thinks that my fathers sells Shell fuel that is why I voted for it, he is completely wrong. My father has a BP fuel station

With regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:30   #163
BHPian

Being in Delhi NCR we are not lucky to have enough choices apart from BP, HP, IOC.
I always fill up from BP COCO in Gurgaon and it is much better as compared to HP & IOC.
Whenever i fill from BP, FE is slightly higher as compared to HP & IOC.
Recently have spotted a HP COCO, will try it and then compare the results.
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:46   #164
BHPian

IOC/BP or HP Diesel for me. BP gives some fantastic mileage on my long drives. Fill up at the BP pump on Bannerghatta road / the new IOC next to shell near NICE junction. My dad says the same about his Alto800 too-BP performs the best followed by HP/IOC. We don't fill shell in any of our cars.

Shell - never.
I've noticed the Engine gets noisier, lots of black smoke and terrible mileage.

Tried Reliance on the highways a couple of times and that was good too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 2nd June 2017, 20:55   #165
BHPian

Till the time I had a used Spark in Mumbai (monthly commute around 1000 kms), i mostly used the BP fuel station at JVLR.

Since I moved to Delhi and bought a new Polo, I have tried IOC, BP and HP. Got the best economy whenever I get it filled at the IOC fuel station just at the corner of Siri Fort Road while coming from August Kranti Marg.

So IOC is for me !

Off topic : This fuel station also accepts American Express cards so I can enjoy 3% cash back which is credited in the same month when the fuel is purchased.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks