Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of these you'll consider to fill fuel for your car?
Shell premium 105 27.06%
HP 81 20.88%
IOC 107 27.58%
BP 55 14.18%
Reliance 18 4.64%
Speed 19 4.90%
Others 3 0.77%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 22:42   #16
Senior - BHPian

What I have found is Shell Super Petrol is much better than Shell Normal and so if car can take premium fuels i still suggest shell premium.

My Innova returned better FE and better performance with Shell Super Petrol so I guess I will stick to it in future as well.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 1st January 2008, 00:00   #17
BHPian

Ioc

I still have a tank-full of shell normal.

If I decide not to fill in Shell Super, I'll go back to IOC on St Marks Rd.

cheers
Old 1st January 2008, 11:33   #18
BANNED

I forgot to mention one point, in my earlier post. In non-Euro III cities the situation may be different. Firstly, d.

In these cities the Premium of IOC is 93ON while others are (presumably) lower. If you see the IOC site regular fuel is 88ON while Premium is 93ON.

http://www.iocl.com/Products/GasolineSpecifications.pdf

Others should be the same RON (88) whether premium or regular. So here IOC will definitely be the preferred option since 88ON vs 93ON is a big jump.

When in a non-Euto III city I make a beeline for XP from IOC.

I am pretty sure the choice in such cities is likely to be between the three state owned cos only with may be Reliance added.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

During my trip to Kerala in December, i tanked up thrice on HP, and neither me nor may car seem to be having any complaints. However, this was because i had no access to Shell petrol.

Upon returning back to Bangalore, saw the news about Shell normal being stopped. Its henceforth going to be HP for my car, as well as bike. Which bunk, is something i will have to work out.

Possible contenders are the HP bunk near Cosmos mall at Brookfields, and the other one being the bunk at Marathalli near Brand Factory.

Anyone with expereinces about these places, please provide your inputs.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

@benbsb: Way to go my friend. I'am filling HP ever since I started driving Ikon. Mileage is good and no problems with the fuel as of now. Hence you can be rest assured about this fuel.
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:52   #21
BHPian

I will stick with Shell premium as of now. Ofcourse I did not find any perceptible difference between Shell normal and premium, but there is a big difference between others and Shell. And that difference (mileage, smoothness, pickup, service etc) is still worth more than the amount of Rs 100 extra I pay for a full tank of Shell premium.

Last edited by appuchan : 2nd January 2008 at 11:55.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

I have been using Shell Super for my Getz.
I filled a tankful of Speed (BP pump opposite Manipal Hospital) in my Getz for the first time as office was closed for holidays and I didnt want to ride all the way to OMR for Shell.

The car seems to be giving better mileage (from the fuel guage, which cant be trusted). Will get to know during the next full tank fill. The performance has diminished for sure compared to shell petrol.

If I get a decent mileage increase with speed, I might stick to this pump. I had been using this pump for 2 years for my Santro.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:21   #23
BHPian

Still using shell super. Couple of days back when i refueled in OMR, they still had the normal one though.

If not super, then we always have this premium from BP, HP or the normal reliance. It all depends on the petrol bunks, service etc... even some of the good hp, bp stations don't have proper air checking facility. Once in a very very good looking hp station, the auto mode stopped working and petrol over flowed. That was height of crap...
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:29   #24

I've just had to get the CRDe diesal injectors cleaned on my Scorpio
(See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post674152)

So I'm going to stick to normal diesel from now on. Since I;ve been a long-time BPCL user -- before migrating to Shell about 4 years ago -- time to go back to "Pure for Sure"
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

We don't have Shell in Mumbai :(
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
During my trip to Kerala in December, i tanked up thrice on HP, and neither me nor may car seem to be having any complaints. However, this was because i had no access to Shell petrol.

Upon returning back to Bangalore, saw the news about Shell normal being stopped. Its henceforth going to be HP for my car, as well as bike. Which bunk, is something i will have to work out.

Possible contenders are the HP bunk near Cosmos mall at Brookfields, and the other one being the bunk at Marathalli near Brand Factory.

Anyone with expereinces about these places, please provide your inputs.
I found HP bunk near St. John's hospital to be good, next one is in marathahalli near Brand factory.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
next one is in marathahalli near Brand factory.
My auto mode fuel overflowing incident happened in this place... fuel seems to be good though.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post

Shell is not here in north India.

The main reason being logistics since Shell gets supplied from MRPL, Mangalore.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:58   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
The main reason being logistics since Shell gets supplied from MRPL, Mangalore.
You have raised a very good point. Oil cos regularly source their petrol from one another! This is a Global practice.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:14   #30
BHPian

In HSR Layout in Bangalore, I fill up at the BP outlet in 1st Sector, 27th Main (Samhita Fuels). The price there is Rs. 50.27 for normal petrol. When I enquired why the price difference, they said its because the fuel station is in rural area (Agara village). Not sure how true it is.
I'm only too happy to save some paise!
Service is not too bad...but I do watch out for some specific attendants there who try to act smart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks