Team-BHP - Hyundai launching LPG Santro, Getz and Accent
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai launching LPG Santro, Getz and Accent (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33714-hyundai-launching-lpg-santro-getz-accent.html)

The Hindu Business Line : Hyundai launching LPG Santro, Getz, Accent

Dont know what they price these at...

Santro can however win over the Wagon R DUO.

With rising LPG prices, this move is not so welcome. I mean LPG is costing almost at par with diesel prices, so the premium one pays for the LPG model can be invested n getting a diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 673879)
The Hindu Business Line : Hyundai launching LPG Santro, Getz, Accent
Dont know what they price these at...
Santro can however win over the Wagon R DUO.

If only they would concentrate on bringing the Getz CRDi to the showrooms! :Frustrati
Its been months after the launch and dealers still ask you to book after seeing Verna! :deadhorse

LPG.. ha ha .... Now Indian buyer are smart ,, they do prefer Diesel engines or CNG ..

This should have been way back earlier. I believe there will be good number of changes in its ECU as i was told before that the current ECU for Xing doesn't like LPG if used as Primary Fuel in the long run by a Service Personnel at Hyundai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 674055)
If only they would concentrate on bringing the Getz CRDi to the showrooms! :Frustrati
Its been months after the launch and dealers still ask you to book after seeing Verna! :deadhorse

Damn is that true? No demo car for Getz D? rl:We should do this :deadhorse to the hyundai guys. ooppss i mean management not the owners lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 674055)

Actually, Hilton Hyundai is not even taking bookings for the Getz D. It seems they have no intention of selling the Getz D :Frustrati . It could have something to do with the upcoming face lift.

too late Hyundai. SHould have got this when MUL gave Duo. Another feather in Hyundai's mindless decisions.

If they launch Accent CNG for 5 lakh, it will be a big big boom atleast in the cities where CNG is available.

http://www.business-standard.com/com...N&autono=31581

Says- i20 coming in 2008.
Santa FE in 2009
i10 CRDi in 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 674790)
Hyundai Motor India to launch i20 in 2008

Says- i20 coming in 2008.
Santa FE in 2009
i10 CRDi in 2010.

Kah do ki ye jhooth hai :Frustrati

i20, santa fe in 2008 and i10 crdi in 2009. Read somewhere dont remember where.

I feel this move won't find success. the freason:

LPG is costing 35 odd rs in bangalore its doubled in last 3 years. Auto Riskha people are doing strike against it.

I am bit disappointed on how people get cheated in every business. At the end of the day company promotors make money!

The reason LPG hype started from last 4 years because it was damm cheap compared with Petrol. Now LPG has lost its value because running cost for LPG and Petrol is same now. However Petrol rate would pass 60 rs in few months.

Diesel hype started from last 1 year but in 3 years from now it will loose its value once its price is close to Petrol.

2010 would be hype for hybrid :)

I think by 2015 all fuel cost would be same for running the vehicle. Thats the time India will find some success and show milestone in development happenning now.

By 2015 all booms including software will saturate and from there we can find matured India! and there will be full stop for unexpected growth and decline like whats happenning right now.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 674983)
Diesel hype started from last 1 year but in 3 years from now it will loose its value once its price is close to Petrol.

2010 would be hype for hybrid :)

I think by 2015 all fuel cost would be same for running the vehicle. Thats the time India will find some success and show milestone in development happenning now.

By 2015 all booms including software will saturate and from there we can find matured India! and there will be full stop for unexpected growth and decline like whats happenning right now.

A Nostradamus in the making?? How about an apocalyptic prediction.. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 674983)

As of now, diesel is directly linked to every sort of transport infrastructure in the country, be it roads or railways.

An increased in diesel price close to petrol levels will see rise in the prices of every products in the market. So, dont think its as easy as you had made it out.

I guess a diesel version of the Santro/i10 would have been a better option.

The link says:
Quote:

With the cost of natural gas being lower and also safer as compared to petrol or diesel, vehicles run on these fuels are becoming popular.
Is it true that LPG/CNG is safer than petrol or diesel. This is contrary to what I have mostly heard:)