Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Price of Chevy spark hiked by 12K effective 24th Dec 07

Hi friends,
I was considering buying a Spark for my wife and took a test drive on 21st Dec 07 and was planning to book the vehicle on 29th, but the sales executive from Trident motors Mysore calls up on 24th Dec 07 calls up and informs that the prices have been hiked for all variants of Chevy Spark by 12K and I had to drop the idea of buying it. Considering Indica Xeta since the usage is very less.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
Hi friends,
I was considering buying a Spark for my wife and took a test drive on 21st Dec 07 and was planning to book the vehicle on 29th, but the sales executive from Trident motors Mysore calls up on 24th Dec 07 calls up and informs that the prices have been hiked for all variants of Chevy Spark by 12K and I had to drop the idea of buying it. Considering Indica Xeta since the usage is very less.
I know i should't be saying this but I don't understand why does one drop the idea if the car prices are hiked by a few thousand? One is already paying lakhs and a few thousands for a fantastic product is not a bad deal.

Mods, My view is not intended to hurt anyone's sentiments/ feelings or to change the car buying decision but a logical question which has come to my mind many a times and Hemanth's thread helped me put this forward. I hope I don't get any infraction for this.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:14   #3
BHPian

Hemanth, you can go for Indica Xeta GLS if you need only AC and Power Steering else, you can opt for GLG which is VFM and if you want to stick to top of the line, you can choose GLX. I have recently purchased Xeta and i can say you will be loving it. Also i wish to remind you even the TATA Motors had their offer out now and you need to pay 10~15K extra as the Cash Discount which was 30K before will now only be either 15K or 20K with basic accessories. Good luck
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:17   #4
BHPian

Amtak, u are right but I think it is a normal human behavior. If the price had been 12k up earlier it would not have mattered. The fact that it was available for 12k less earlier and because it was missed causes such reaction.
I don't blame Hemanth for it. It think I might have done it myself. But hemanth Xeta for your wife might not be a great idea. Do ask her to do a TD. I think she would have loved Spark. Give Estilo a thought too.
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:20   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Price of Checy spark hiked by 12K effective 24th Dec 07
Chevy Spark!

Discounts will be available soon. its not too secret that Spark sales haven't taken off.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

I think GM just shot itself in the foot with this Hike. May be the High sales numbers due to discount has got into their head & made them belive that Spark is a hot seller.

@Amtak; I completely agree with you that while spending lakhs a few Ks shouldn't matter but in this case where people are stretching their budgets to skip an Alto\Wagon R\Santro to buy a Chevy car these few Ks affect their budget beyond their stretch.
Old 2nd January 2008, 14:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

12k is not a big issue considering the L's that you spend. But what is the value add for this increase?

Any value add to the customer or is it just for GM to increase their margins?
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:26   #8
BHPian

Initially I was planning for a used Alto, but since there were price cuts I had to stretch my budget and had planned for spark since we had owned one during Matiz days. Now i am considering the idea of buying a Xeta. Still confused, will decide within a week.
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:37   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yup. GM is like that. They say that any car billed after jan 1st will be with new price hike even though it is 2007 model. This was told by Sundaram when i was enquiring about the u-VA model. IMHO i think it would make more sense to wait for the 2008 model when i will be paying same amount for 2007 model. Any idea when we get the 2008 model on road? End of jan or begining of Feb?
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:05   #10
BHPian

Asked the reason for the price hike with the sales executive, he did not have any clue. Just blabbered that the dealer has got a circular from the company.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:10   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the prices have been hiked for all variants of Chevy Spark by 12K and I had to drop the idea of buying it.
Don't worry about the price hike. Spark sales have not taken off. Be patient and I am sure you will be offered a discount of at least Rs.25,000 soon .
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

They have taken off atleast for the ones booked during the 50k discount. My cousin has booked his Spark on 22nd Oct & is yet to get it delivered :|
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
They have taken off atleast for the ones booked during the 50k discount. My cousin has booked his Spark on 22nd Oct & is yet to get it delivered :|
No! They have not!

Last two months sales have been normal only, that too, less than their production capacity.
Old 2nd January 2008, 20:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Initially I was planning for a used Alto, but since there were price cuts I had to stretch my budget and had planned for spark since we had owned one during Matiz days. Now i am considering the idea of buying a Xeta. Still confused, will decide within a week.

considering that this is for your wife, an alto would be a better choice. small and compact - easy to drive around the city.
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:35   #15
bkm
BHPian

GM is not mad

the booking of spark during the discount period was very impressive. I booked the vehicle also on 22nd Oct , still to get the delivery . How can and why will they defer the delivery if they are able to produce the required number . Crazy Driver , please do not make statement which is not authenticated . Spark has also been declared as best value for money car . Do;nt bother about 12K . It is far better buy than Alto.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks