Team-BHP - Hyundai Getz to be facelifted again?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Getz to be facelifted again? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33721-hyundai-getz-facelifted-again.html)

Top- gear Jan 2007 mentions that the Hyundai Getz is going to have another 'modification' soon.

Quote:

Hyundai will display- but not launch- the new elantra. There is also a modified Getz, what the modification is, is unclear- Hyundai being coy here.
So- i20 coming, or fresh new set of bumpers and lights?

well i was under the impression that they were going to replace getz with i20
or are they going the i10 way by launching it in a different price segment with that of a getz..

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 674034)
Top- gear Jan 2007 mentions that the Hyundai Getz is going to have another 'modification' soon.

So- i20 coming, or fresh new set of bumpers and lights?

You can check all these details in Hyundai world site.you have pic of i20, i30 & new elantra

So does this mean the current Getz is going on discount?
If it does then it will be quite a small diff in price between the i10 magna and Getz Prime

Would a facelift mean clearlens headlamp (it has it already, right?) and clear lens tail lamp???

Or sunroof and some fabric change?

most probably some cosmetic change would be there as it is already powered by a class of art engine.... the change could be something like the difference between old and new alto just cosmetic... might be...

Face lift ?
Getz to Getz Prime was a facelift.
Getz Prime to ?????????

I think you may get more variants of Getz, like Getz Prime LPG/CNG or CRDi with ABS etc.

If your talking about i20, then it may not be face lift. It would be new car just like i10.
Its my view based on common sense. I mean to say,I have not refered to any website/magazines for getting better clue.

cheers
Anju

It is high time they did something to uplift what is otherwise a fine car.

Na Na, Hyundai is heading for i10,i20,i30 and so on
i20 should be the perfect match for Getz Replacement.
Hmmmmm... Getz Replacement? Selling i20 ... all depends on i10. If i10 proves to be an excellent car among Indians then it will be a boom for i20. You know bigger variant gets the benifit too.
Hope they comes with an all new engine in i20 (if this is true) instead of dumping Getz 1.3L engine to it.

I doubt as they just launched the Getz with the diesel engine.

May be both will continue same as Santro along with i10, so Getz with i20.Its india any style never goes out.

The Getz could do with some face lifting. IMHO, it looks horrible from the back. I know a lot of people who have been put off by its looks.

I thought the i20 was a brand new car to replace the Getz. Could this facelift be a stopgap arrangement till the i20 arrives?

This sort of explains the zero promotion policy for the Getz crdi. Maybe, they'll start the campaign post face lift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt. (Post 674659)
The Getz could do with some face lifting. IMHO, it looks horrible from the back. I know a lot of people who have been put off by its looks.

I thought the i20 was a brand new car to replace the Getz. Could this facelift be a stopgap arrangement till the i20 arrives?

This sort of explains the zero promotion policy for the Getz crdi. Maybe, they'll start the campaign post face lift.

Its really really surprize to see zero promotion by a company.
If i was given the task of promotion, i would had blasted all barriers of promotion. Getz with Verna engine.
"Power Unleashed by a Beast", Hyundai Getz Feel The Power.
The Ad by me:
A person (ABC) sitting in Getz D, with a friend (XYZ). Everything Calm and peaceful. Next Scene... ABC asked him to show if the car has power or not?
XYZ says, with an evilish look and one eyebow up like wwe rock and in an ego, close your eyes and feel it (verna slogan) and a popup thought a Verna, suddenly 2nd gear and a real push an ABC started digging in the seat and just after 1-2 sec of the push ABC closes his eyes and next scene ABC sitting in a plane and enjoying himself digging in the seat in a plane. and then XYZ with 2-3 cool cuts then showing the console... needle going up and up and up increasing the speed 140-150-160-170 one shot of 140 kmph then a blink of "Power of Verna VGT" 150 kmph "1500 CC engine" (not 1.5L because 1500 CC looks good for an ad).. 160 kmph "Power of 110 horses" (will show with sparkling light showing the engine" 170 kmph "Feel the Beast" then next scene ABC shouts stop this Beast because he can't take the power more... and suddenly the car stops in and camera circulating and showing getz then XYZ says with dracula eyes "That's my Power" Get yours.

How is the ad for Getz D ? haha :thumbs up rl:Damn Hyundai Promotion Team. FEEL THE BEAST.

Face lift or no face lift, anything will sell in India.

hyundai lover
nice creativity man, you missed something here

Quote:

160 kmph "Power of 110 horses"
It has to be rephrased to " Power of 110 mal-nutritioned horses " ;) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 674763)
Face lift or no face lift, anything will sell in India.

hyundai lover
nice creativity man, you missed something here

It has to be rephrased to " Power of 110 mal-nutritioned horses " ;) .

thanx haha why mal-nutritioned horses man? getz D don't have power? :Shockked: