Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:09   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Best place to sell your old car?

Looking to do a complete wardrobe makeover in the next few months.
Which is the best place that i can get a good price on my cars? Dont have much knowledge on the same as most of my cars are eyed by my family friends etc who finally buy it when i am ready to sell.
Please shed some good/bad experiences of used car buyers in Mumbai

Also need an approx qoute if anyone knows the market well so i can offer the same to an uncle who is looking to buy it from me:

2003 Honda Accord 2.3 VtiL done 48,000kms . Nighthawk black Great conidition, fully loaded with leather and sunroof. Thane regn with vip number

2004 Ford Endeavour 4x2 done 87,000kms. Silver. With CD changer LCD screen. Thane regn with vip number
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:39   #2
BHPian

I sold my Zen Vxi last month on AutoIndia.com. Got an above average price since I was directly able to sell it to an individual party instead of a dealer. Alternatively you could try indianautomobile.com, sulekha classifieds, carwale.com,etc....also post it on team-bhp marketplace. You will always get a lower price if you sell to a dealer, atleast 15-20% less than if you were to directly sell to an individual. You could try the dealership - Auto Mart India (they have a display center at malad (w)). Nothing better than your uncle buying it from you. Your 2003 Honda should fetch you atleast 7lacs if sold directly to an individual party and your 2004 Endeavour should get you approx 9.2
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:33   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you have the time, post ads (online and paper). Will get you the best price.

If not, then have the car shown to 3 - 5 used car dealers for the max $$$.
Old 2nd January 2008, 17:55   #4
BHPian

Sahil The Link below might help you find out the quotes , not exact but atleast roughly..., i dont know how the valuation is done but.. i try to use this site to find quotes.

Might Help you tooo

Check value of your car for FREE

Sorry i think Freaky Sid has already posted about Sulekha, anyways that is the link for valuation request.

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 2nd January 2008 at 17:59.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think you can expect around 5.25Lacs for the Accord. About the endeavour i have no clue, recently a year old endeavour went for 7Lacs
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sahil,
Since you are in Mumbai, just pickup Friday Times Drive (supplement with the TOI). Page 2 consists of all ads. Look for Accord ads, you will get a approx pricing for the car. Also remember actual selling price of the cars is usually 5-10% less than asking price.
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

You can also advertise in Times Drive, they charge 950 bucks for Times Drive for one Friday and 1650 for a package of advertising it once in Times Drive + TOI Classfields + Mid Day Classfield.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks