Team-BHP - Toyota Innova
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Innova (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3374-toyota-innova.html)

Toyota innova ...coming to india this march..

hmmm seems to be good ... with parking sensors and all

SOURCE:

Toyota Innova

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheatingdeath
Toyota innova ...coming to india this march..

hmmm seems to be good ... with parking sensors and all

SOURCE:

Toyota Innova

Talking about parking sensors, I got dealer's quote of 5,900/- for the same.

hey CD...
saw the innova when i was in Bali..
to be frank i am not impressed by its looks ..
i preffered the previous model ..
its too UV-ish ...
the qualis looked better ..
didnt get a good look at it however only saw it once or twice ..
letme see it properly before i can comment further

I don't think the model shown in the pics will make it to india with all those stuff like Parking sensors because it will make the price of the innova uncompitative with its livals in India.

yep. As usual, we'll get the stripped poverty version with rubber door pads, pull-out windows and optional plastic wheelcaps.

yaa. we get the junk of wad waste they have in excess

Dont know if toyota is repositioning the innova for some other model,because prices seem to be rising too frequently with the innova.

The g1 diesel has now gone to a little more than 9 lakhs OTR while the petrol model is about 8.4 lakhs.

The base model[E] does not come with ac,don't know who will buy the car for around 8.3 odd lakhs and forgo air-conditioning.
The 9 lakh g1 model does not even have an intermittent speed wiper.

Toyota India is carrying the premium tag a bit too far considering the fact that innova is their bread winning model in the country for the moment atleast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 440665)
The base model[E] does not come with ac,don't know who will buy the car for around 8.3 odd lakhs and forgo air-conditioning.The 9 lakh g1 model does not even have an intermittent speed wiper.

This shows K has more say than T in TKM I assume. Toyota would not want to do this kind of ridiculous things and they never wanted to transport segment. The main reason for getting rid of innova is to erase the taxi image attained by qualis.

8.3l OTR and no Aircon, this is really a stupid market strategy without worrying about the after effects like goodwill/image with customers.

Calling Innova owners: is this car comes with that much of quality? indestructible?

Need first hand info from you people!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgmuser (Post 441026)
This shows K has more say than T in TKM I assume.

Why would you assume something like that?

This is like the Logan thread where someone was blaming Mahindra for the Logan's "failure".

Innova is slightly expensive. Well I was of the opinion that it was discounted. Because when we got it I almost got a diacount fo 75k+ 10k accesories on G4 model ( 75k if loan is taken otherwise Free insurance ).

@sgmuser,
Coming to the car, it is very comfortable from the inside. Last week itself I have gone on a 600km trip. No strain what soever. Ample leg room. ACon is great with rear vents.

Exterior, the car does not feel as solid as Qualis.

Cheers,
Rahul

The interiors are fresh & comfortable. The exterior looks like an elephant with its trunk cut, to put it mildly.

Quote:

This shows K has more say than T in TKM I assume. Toyota would not want to do this kind of ridiculous things and they never wanted to transport segment. The main reason for getting rid of innova is to erase the taxi image attained by qualis.

There is nothing wrong in being in the taxi segment. I have seen a lot of Corolla'and Merc 'taxis' in Mumbai. If a car is also used as a taxi it just points out to its VFM and all round reliability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak
This is like the Logan thread where someone was blaming Mahindra for the Logan's "failure".

That some one would be me. :) BTW, I am not blaming Mahindra for the Logan's "failure". Rather for the package that it has allowed to be passed on to the end customer. Regarding the blame game, it is Mahindra Renault not Renault Mahindra. That should put things in perspective I think. And on that basis, sgmuser, your assumption may be wrong.

Quote:

The main reason for getting rid of innova is to erase the taxi image attained by qualis.

I made a typo here. it shld be getting rid of qualis not innova.

Toyota's with not so enthralling designs normally give a very good VFM products everywhere on earth except india. that really annoys me. lousy looking corolla 11l elephant like innova 9l. This can happen only in india. TKM didn't understand the market, it looks like still. Toyota's are very good at market research and the products they deliver are just simply out of needs of the people and nothing else. This didnt happen yet in india. This is what i mentioned in one line!lol:

Lastly, Toyota never want to see their products JUST in transport/taxi segment and does no good for them esp in a huge market like india in the long term.

Has TKM failed? Isn't the Innova selling just fine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by caliper (Post 441795)
Isn't the Innova selling just fine?

Ofcourse it is! Havent they priced it at 8.3L for the non-AC version?

Maybe we should do a comparison here on what the Toyota offers more at the same price point than a Tata Safari LX (apart from quality and reliability. :p).