Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2008, 17:44   #31
BHPian

Any bolero test drive reports available in forums?
Old 7th January 2008, 19:05   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
I called and spoke to Vijai Auto and asked them for a few details, but the guy on the phone told me it would be better to call India Garage! Funny!!
There is a good possibility that India Garage is going to be the only dealer who is selling the Spl Ed in Blore. If you didnt know, they are the only ones selling 4x4 Boleros and Campers in bangalore.

Something like those Pro-Biking Bajaj showrooms, only they stock the Pulsar 220.

But I did get a pamplet from Sireesh on Hosur Road. You can reach them at 40105010 / 40105011.
Old 7th January 2008, 19:11   #33
BHPian

[quote=Spitfire;679645]If you are buying the Bolero for the leather seats and HU, dont do it man. quote]

The reason why i felt it was worth, was because the dealer quoted 18K for upgrading to leather seats (Ovion, including the door trim, gear shift..etc). And the Sireesh guys told that the price differance between the Spl Ed and the normal one would be around 20K.

My reasoning was, Special Edition always command more value than the rest when selling the vehicle... or do they? I have seen that limited edition Sachin Tendulkar Palio, so was thinking on those lines.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:17   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Dealer in Kottayam TVS Motors claims that the 4x4 Bolero has been discontinued and only 4x4 Invader is available now.
Old 8th January 2008, 10:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

special edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
Instead of rolling out lame specials every other month, Mahindra should bring back the Classic with MM550XDB axles and wheels, the BSIII DI turbo engine and a winch.
I agree with yu, special edition must be really special!! Not a cosmetic job merely. All it helps is giving a vehicle a upmarket feel thats it...and sadly in india it sells.

To me a special edition bolero must have a 4x4 as a standard, big A/T tyres, the paint job what ever M&M thinks is special, interiors, GPS system etc... Now the logical question would be "paise kya pappu dega?"

yes probabaly who want to look special on road, they wont mind spending that extra!!!

Relaunching classic with XDB configuration would be a good idea. I think Legend with A/c & power steering with 4x4 & A/T tyres would do wonders to the rich off road heritage of the brand. Now thats called a special vehicle!!!--Not merely a special edition.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:18   #36
BANNED

@Spinnerr: If the price difference is so small then please get e limited editon. Bolero's in good shape do command a good resale value, so dont worry about that.
Old 8th January 2008, 11:27   #37
BANNED

Actaully Mahindra has a very good product on its hands if it does some thinking. It can target the Bolero as a lifestyle vehicle with the following by selling it at a higher premium then the present Bolero

I am sure the chasis and mechanicals can take a larger engine probably the 2.6 CRDE from the Scorpio. It should have 4WD with free wheeling hubs. Shorten the chasiss a bit so that the rear overhang is negligible. Make it lighter. Add a winch and Massive 17 inch AT Tyres and thats it we have a great offrading vehicle.

Now i should stop dreaming.
Old 8th January 2008, 19:05   #38
BHPian

From what I know Mahindra is trying to target (with the next gen boleros) the young urban buyers who can't afford a Scorpio.
In that sense their Special Edition is a definite step in the right direction. Their new target group is someone looking at interior comforts and on road performance.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:10   #39
BANNED

Performance?? That DI engine is horrible.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:50   #40
Senior - BHPian

Does the Bolero use Scoprios DI engine, the one with which the Scorpio was launched?

I think MnM should give the 2.6 CRDe to the Bolero and 4WD and give all Scorpio the 2.2mHawk. But then they have to launch the Ingenio as well so Bolero might get discontinued.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:03   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Does the Bolero use Scoprios DI engine, the one with which the Scorpio was launched?

I think MnM should give the 2.6 CRDe to the Bolero and 4WD and give all Scorpio the 2.2mHawk. But then they have to launch the Ingenio as well so Bolero might get discontinued.
No it used to have the old Peugeot IDI and then the DI.

If they plonk the 2.6 CRDe into the Bolero and sell it at a small price increase, the Scorpio sales will be hit. The Bolero chasiss is much better then the Scorpio, old but quite rigid and wont give you the scare the Scorpio's are so much prone to.

I had actually asked the same question to the Mahindra folks when i attended the launch of one of the variants. And they said valid question but Bolero owners dont buy it for power now how absurd is that?

I say get the Bolero with the 2.6 CRDe TC engine with all the bells and whistles on the Scorpio and see the Scorpio sink.

Ok dreaming again.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Performance?? That DI engine is horrible.
IMO the earler IDI engine is much better than the current DI engine. Its very silent and has decent performance for city driving. The DI is very noisy too.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:09   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
IMO the earler IDI engine is much better than the current DI engine. Its very silent and has decent performance for city driving. The DI is very noisy too.
Yes, but much better is a very relative term, if you are comparing it to the DI yes but the engine itself wasnt the most efficient. The IDI engine is a 70's design used by Peugeot to power their vehicles in the cold climes of Sweden and North Europe.

The IDI is much more silent then the DI due to its apparent construction Direct Injection versus InDirect Injection.

And for city driving performance is decent, but its not a city vehicle and is more of a highway cruiser and the performance is greatly lacking then.

But then if you look at it the max speed of the Bolero(120kph) is a safe speed on our crazy highways
Old 9th January 2008, 12:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Is that so? As far as i know, the DI is supposed to be quiter, only factor was the power. IDI was 72 odd bhp where as DI is only 63 bhp.

They just made the DI more drivable in city, efficient and quiter may be even the overall rumbling / viberations are less in this 07 Bolero.
Old 9th January 2008, 12:47   #45
BHPian

Any idea at what RPM the turbo cuts in in the new DI engine?
Why did they reduce the power from 72 to 63 bhp in the DI?

-- Torqy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks