Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 20:51   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
This special edition sucks.
Hay, does it? really?
I mean an SLX in Blore has a price tag of Rs 5.85 (Ex showroom), so if you are getting a special edition for Rs 5.98 with leather seats and a good body color, is it not worth?

Who knows, may be the new seats are more comfortable. And that USB HU that they are providing might do a good job. and that wood finish could add a touch of... what do i say, class...

May be its all just wishful thinking. But I would like to see Mahindra offering all that and more.
Old 4th January 2008, 22:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are going to be dissappointed.

Will Robin Uttapa get disappointed
Old 5th January 2008, 06:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Its dead slow man. But scares the **** out of autorickshaws and cab drivers. With neatplastic strips on the side the painted area dosent get scratched and the square shape with metal jutting out from all sides keeps the speed happy daintly curved saloons at bay.

Never ever take it offroad though, even with 4x4 its just not meant for it.

As for the limited edition they should have styled it on the lines of the specially made Commondo which was more appealing.

This special edition sucks.
Damn straight bro!!
Have this so called pig for 6 yrs now and what i learnt is that no one on the road wants to kiss this pig.... see what i mean? forget the stupid limited edition, what this piggie needs is a good bull bar and the fun starts.

Last edited by chaxy : 5th January 2008 at 06:41. Reason: edit
Old 5th January 2008, 11:58   #19
BHPian

To spitfire

Please do get in touch with your relatives for the Bolero special edition.

Would not mind taking a closer look at it. I want to get a bolero myself and am on the look out. I went to India Garage last week, and organized a test drive, but the guys never showed up when they were supposed to.

Any suggestions on the best Mahindra dealer to go to in Bangalore?
Old 7th January 2008, 10:36   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
Any suggestions on the best Mahindra dealer to go to in Bangalore?
Manasm,
Try Vijay Auto at Bannergetta Rd/Koramangala or Sireesh on Housr Rd. Both of them have excellent customer service. I personally liked the Vijay Bannergetta guys, very professional, and the sales guy knew what his product was.

You will get their contact numbers from the Mahindra Bolero website.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:03   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Hay, does it? really?
I mean an SLX in Blore has a price tag of Rs 5.85 (Ex showroom), so if you are getting a special edition for Rs 5.98 with leather seats and a good body color, is it not worth?

Who knows, may be the new seats are more comfortable. And that USB HU that they are providing might do a good job. and that wood finish could add a touch of... what do i say, class...

May be its all just wishful thinking. But I would like to see Mahindra offering all that and more.
If you are buying the Bolero for the leather seats and HU, dont do it man. I am not sure what the price difference is. Will call up today and confirm, but if it is not much then yes leather seats and the HU are an added bonus. Not too sure about the wood finish though, i have a 04 Bolero GLX that has a wood finish but is nothing but a cheap plastic thing, i am sure they will be using similiar stuff.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:05   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Damn straight bro!!
Ha ha yeah man, no one beats the menancing look of that grill in your puny hugging the ground sports saloon. You dont get many vehicls these days with cheap plastic on the exterior, even the Safari and the Scorpio use plastic..lol.
Old 7th January 2008, 12:09   #23
BANNED

@manasm: Try Vijai Auto nice folks. Call them up and check, if it dosent help let me know, i will arrange it for you.

Regarding the special edition, the Special Edition needs to be booked by the dealer, the person i know has outlets in Kerala. He has ordered 35 units for his 3 outlets. No deliveries done yet, but will get pics soon.

Dont expect much though everything is, like someone said lipstick added. If you want comfort buy something else, this vehicle is rugged and has a lot of sharp edges(literally)
Old 7th January 2008, 12:20   #24
BHPian

@manasm: Try Vijai Auto. I bought mine from them (in 2007) and had a good buying experience.

You can talk to KESHAV there. I can give you his number if you want.

-- Torqy
Old 7th January 2008, 12:51   #25
BHPian

Instead of rolling out lame specials every other month, Mahindra should bring back the Classic with MM550XDB axles and wheels, the BSIII DI turbo engine and a winch.
Old 7th January 2008, 13:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:
@manasm: Try Vijai Auto nice folks. Call them up and check, if it dosent help let me know, i will arrange it for you.

Regarding the special edition, the Special Edition needs to be booked by the dealer, the person i know has outlets in Kerala. He has ordered 35 units for his 3 outlets. No deliveries done yet, but will get pics soon.

Dont expect much though everything is, like someone said lipstick added. If you want comfort buy something else, this vehicle is rugged and has a lot of sharp edges(literally)

Thanks for the info. I called and spoke to Vijai Auto and asked them for a few details, but the guy on the phone told me it would be better to call India Garage! Funny!!

I am looking for a decent soft roader which I can occasionally take to places like Cauvery Fishing Camp, etc!

I can fit a music system in later I guess although I understand that warranties are void if you do that.

Just need to make sure the car is easy enough to handle that the wife can manage it in the city as well.

Any details from your time as an owner will be good!

Thanks,

Manas
Old 7th January 2008, 14:01   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa_Kilo View Post
Instead of rolling out lame specials every other month, Mahindra should bring back the Classic with MM550XDB axles and wheels, the BSIII DI turbo engine and a winch.
And sell it for 4 lakhs? You must be joking. How many bought the legend or better still how many buy a winch?

Sell it for 8 lakhs with all the above and somemore and its starts getting compared to pajero's and landcruisers. But a handful buy it and then its the end. Why was the Classic production stopped it was a niche vehicle and noone wanted to buy one. Everyone thought 3.85 the price when it was first introduced was too much for it. And i felt so too. I have a Classic now and use it for what its meant and i am really happy. Could i buy a classic for 8 lakhs today? You tell me.

Its about what the market(in numbers) wants man. And thats what manufacturers produce, no one is here for charity.

You want your offroad build one or buy the Pajero.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, they should add some of the goodies of the Commando to the regular BOLERO. Specially the small lights on the roof and fuel release button.
Old 7th January 2008, 16:18   #29
BHPian

Has anybody got pictures? The Mahindra Bolero web site is silent about this Limited Edition.

@manasm: Regarding music system in a Bolero, hope you're used to listening to music at high volumes. Because you'll have to hike up the volume above the "Engine Song" to enjoy it.

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 7th January 2008 at 16:22.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:14   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasm View Post
Just need to make sure the car is easy enough to handle that the wife can manage it in the city as well.
Other then that all others are positive. Its a bit of a pain in Traffic. But hey i have been using one for 4 years and i am quite comfortable in the city.

Adding a music system dosent void the warranty. Who told you that?

If you are really interested in a test drive PM me your number, i will see what i can do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks