Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 13:47   #1
BHPian

08 Special Edition Bolero Launched

Just read that the special Edition Bolero is officially out, and the first one is was presented to Robin Uttapa on 3rd Jan.

Had been hearing about this Special Ed launch for some time, seems there is going to be only 1000 of them being made.

This is where i read about it. AOL news

You guys heard anything about this, any spy shots any other technical details??

Is it just another, leather seats, quality MP3 player, custom color Special edition or did it get a heart change?? Something like a first generation Scorpio CRDe engine, some 16" wheels... Hope they have an All BLACK one, with soem Killer A/T tyres.

Man, I am dying to see this... Anybody, any leads??
Old 4th January 2008, 14:31   #2
BANNED

You are going to be dissappointed.

Old 4th January 2008, 15:17   #3
BHPian

Where did you get the images of the brochure for the special edition.

Would love to take a better look at it...
Old 4th January 2008, 15:20   #4
BHPian

Saw it in the paper and it looks the same. But why a spl edition bolero?
Old 4th January 2008, 15:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do you guys remember the special Scorpio they did for Dhoni ?

It was one of the ugliest specials ever and looked like an film set car from a movie about whores.
Old 4th January 2008, 15:43   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman View Post
Do you guys remember the special Scorpio they did for Dhoni ?
It was one of the ugliest specials ever and looked like an film set car from a movie about whores.
Well, this time they have brought out 1000 of them, so lets hope its much better.

If they can come out with an all BLACK one minus the gold decals (the ones on the 07 bolero is yuck), that would be fantastic.
Old 4th January 2008, 17:07   #7
BHPian

I read it as, Bolero SLX is going away making way for Ingenio, as Ingenio's price would fall into Bolero SLX's category. Just my thought.
Old 4th January 2008, 17:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

"Bolero sleek and sophisticated appearance is enhanced with its dual tone exterior of Java Brown and Mist Silver, which is exclusive to the Special Edition. This combination is echoed in the new look spare wheel cover on the rear of the Bolero, along with Special Edition branding. The subtle body graphics on the sides and bonnet of the Bolero special / limited edition add to the designer effect, while the front fog lamps and aluminium mesh inside the front grille and bumper give the SUV a rugged appeal.

The smart exterior of the Bolero special edition is further complemented by its plush interiors. The rich, European leather upholstery in beige with premium black lining and Special Edition branding adds a touch of class, while the CD-MP3 player with four speakers and a USB port keeps you entertained through your journey. Bolero special edition also features a new centre-faceplate which sports a glossy wood finish"
Old 4th January 2008, 18:21   #9
BANNED

@manasm: That's all that i have. But can get more. One of my relatives is a Mahindra dealer.
Old 4th January 2008, 18:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

lipstick

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It dont help.
Old 4th January 2008, 18:35   #11
BHPian

Here s an image
The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Business
Old 4th January 2008, 19:00   #12
BANNED

You are calling the Bolero a pig? I own one and brought it purely for the looks and the minimal maintenance it requires. Also is built like a tank. Use it within its limitations and she will happily serve you forever.

But then to each his own. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..lol
Old 4th January 2008, 19:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

Function

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You are calling the Bolero a pig? I own one and brought it purely for the looks and the minimal maintenance it requires. Also is built like a tank. Use it within its limitations and she will happily serve you forever.

But then to each his own. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..lol
I took a long look at the 4x4 version of the Bolero myself before saying no to it. Too slow. I think the Ghurka is good looking so that shows what a warped deviant I am.
Old 4th January 2008, 19:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Whats so special about the special edition special Bolero?

Quote:
Bolero sleek and sophisticated appearance is enhanced with its dual tone exterior of Java Brown and Mist Silver, which is exclusive to the Special Edition. This combination is echoed in the new look spare wheel cover on the rear of the Bolero, along with Special Edition branding. The subtle body graphics on the sides and bonnet of the Bolero special / limited edition add to the designer effect, while the front fog lamps and aluminium mesh inside the front grille and bumper give the SUV a rugged appeal.

I think the best way to make a SUV rugged is to slap some fog lamps on and sticker it, your 4 x 2 Jeep will suddenly turn into a 4 x 4 SUV. I am sure i can make it look better with some sticker job which MnM calls "Special"
Old 4th January 2008, 19:57   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I took a long look at the 4x4 version of the Bolero myself before saying no to it. Too slow. I think the Ghurka is good looking so that shows what a warped deviant I am.
Its dead slow man. But scares the **** out of autorickshaws and cab drivers. With neatplastic strips on the side the painted area dosent get scratched and the square shape with metal jutting out from all sides keeps the speed happy daintly curved saloons at bay.

Never ever take it offroad though, even with 4x4 its just not meant for it.

As for the limited edition they should have styled it on the lines of the specially made Commondo which was more appealing.

This special edition sucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks