Team-BHP - Hyundai Motor hikes i10 prices by Rs 5,000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Motor hikes i10 prices by Rs 5,000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33907-hyundai-motor-hikes-i10-prices-rs-5-000-a.html)

Hyundai Motor hikes i10 prices by Rs 5,000- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

CHENNAI: Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) on Friday increased the prices i10 by up to Rs 5,000. The company said price hike would be across all variants and would go up to Rs 5,000. The hike would be effective from January 12, HMIL said in a statement.

HMIL is also considering to revise prices of other models in the next few weeks, the statement said. “We had launched the i10 in the Indian market with an introductory price to increase its appeal to a wide range of customers but with our input costs rising, we are increasing the prices marginally for the i10,” HMIL senior V-P, marketing and sales, Arvind Saxena said.
------------
Looks Hyundai is in mood of celebrate i 10 success. Pricese going northward.

Well, its not only Hyundai but other manufacturers are also planing to or already have hiked prices. Every year manufacturers hike prices, dont they?

The increase is on expected lines and the increase is only marginal. Seeing a lot of i10s on the road. It seems to be a huge hit, at least over here.

they are the first to increase the price and so the sales would be affected as i10 was already priced high compared to the competition.i10 sales havent burnt sales chart in this part of india till date.have seen only few on road.supplies are also an issue .
ram

Another price hike to be followed by discounts during the next festive season, its a merry go round, isn't it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 678412)
they are the first to increase the price and so the sales would be affected as i10 was already priced high compared to the competition.i10 sales havent burnt sales chart in this part of india till date.have seen only few on road.supplies are also an issue .
ram

I feel just the opposite.

Agree with 'burnt'. i10 seems to be a big hit! Seeing lot of new cars around. Have to respect Hyundai for the effort. Truly, its a wonderful small hatch! :thumbs up

Since Maruti continued to Discount in new year, Hyundai may see slow sales in future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkanitkar (Post 678660)
Since Maruti continued to Discount in new year, Hyundai may see slow sales in future.

But there wasnt no discount for swift.So it wont affect i10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 678897)

Swift petrol has been discounted. Its only the diesel Swift and Sx4 that has been untouched.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 679027)
Swift petrol has been discounted. Its only the diesel Swift and Sx4 that has been untouched.

But when i asked popular and indus they said nothing for swift diesel and petrol as well.

discounts have dried up on the petrol swift since the launch of the diesel.

dealers do not have too much stock in hand of either models hence the lack of discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerish666 (Post 678897)

i10 is not competing with Swift. Estilo and WagonR are its competitors

Quote:

Originally Posted by blue_pulsar (Post 679133)
i10 is not competing with Swift. Estilo and WagonR are its competitors

True,

i10 is competition for Estilo and WagonR
Getz is competition for Swift

i dont see many of them, after a bursting market sales record. In Gujarat the sales seems not too high. Can anyone get the figures correct.

By the way whats the reason for price hike?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 (Post 679182)
i dont see many of them, after a bursting market sales record. In Gujarat the sales seems not too high. Can anyone get the figures correct.

By the way whats the reason for price hike?

I have seen quite a few of them in Bangalore here. Silver, Gold and Blush Red seem to be the popular colors here.