Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2008, 21:47   #46
BANNED

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!!!!

Assault on the senses!!! (nah! DC still does not deserve to be called a shame ).

But certainly, people with money to burn will buy it.
Old 8th January 2008, 21:53   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
But certainly, people with money to burn will buy it.
Even those with money to burn will think a million times before buying this, come-on a streched Amby with scissor doors for 4 Cr
Old 8th January 2008, 23:01   #48
BHPian

Well, 4 Cr ambierod - nopes. Not my taste !

But guys, lets cool down a bit !! I think it has become a trend on the forum to bash him up whenever something wacky comes out from his studio.

Though i am not a DC fan, lets give it to the man for what he is.
Its very easy to say that his designs are BS. But lets not forget that he was the first person that i know in india to bring in an idea of modifying your car's aesthetics ( in good/bad way- depends on taste ! ). Please correct me if there was anyone else who did this.

Quote:
national embarrassment.
Quote:
Not much he could do wrong. It is like building a lego car with the instructions.
Dont you guys think we went a bit too far with this ? I am sure aston Martin chaps are not stupid to let DC do up a prototype for them. It was for what designing skils, creativity and experience that he has had.

And about the wacky designs that he has comeup with - well.. there's just one explanation... creativity !!! And from 10s of such wacky designs, a newer and better design takes birth !!

IMHO, there has to be lot of work by DC that we have no idea about. Otherwise, he wont command the respect that he does in the automotive design industry.

Last edited by hkanitkar : 8th January 2008 at 23:10.
Old 8th January 2008, 23:07   #49
Senior - BHPian

Well - 4 crores for that ? I would buy a 4 BHK lake facing flat in Powai rather than go for Ambroid.
Old 9th January 2008, 00:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

personally its not my choice but i think ,we must not think the negetive way
there have been so many cars manufactures who have sold fews cars borrowing the technology from bigger players and sold only 10-20 cars
why not DC be one of them after all it has a BMW heart
i know its a waste of money but i think our attitude must be encouraging
afterall its the first indian car in that range!!!!!!!

if i had a choice i would have either opted for a RR drophead coupe or ferrari 599 gtb in this price range
or maybe even an lp640

Last edited by AMATMO : 9th January 2008 at 00:08.
Old 9th January 2008, 01:06   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Well - 4 crores for that ? I would buy a 4 BHK lake facing flat in Powai rather than go for Ambroid.
NC, you wont drive your flat, now will you
Old 9th January 2008, 01:28   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
IMHO, there has to be lot of work by DC that we have no idea about. Otherwise, he wont command the respect that he does in the automotive design industry.
He commands respect in the automotive design industry?!

Quote:
And from 10s of such wacky designs, a newer and better design takes birth !!
We're waiting...
Old 9th January 2008, 02:28   #53
Senior - BHPian

i'll have to agree on the price part.
on one hand there is ferrari, lamborghini, etc. etc. And on the other we have DC, with no heritage, no brand name (in supercars). Why would anyone with so much money to burn, will go for a non-existent brand!?

There can be only one reason to buy the Ambirod.. exclusivity. There will be only few, who can afford one, and fewer who'll own one.
Old 9th January 2008, 02:43   #54
BHPian

This is ridiculous! Any how i guess by now almost every one has had his say on this, and no body seems to like it. Hope the car rotts in DC's Wonder Garage alongwith other bigmouthed creatures.

I dont know its limited to me, but almost all DC MODs do appear grotesque, with the overgrown, monsterous looks. Take any car, Inject the automotive equivalent of thyroid hormones, and lo.... we have a DC design. His quality of work , sure is world class, in that many renowned manufactures are now impressed with it (Aston, Noble, etc), however, the aesthetics of his designs sure can improve.

Did it come across to anyone, that AMBIEROD becomes
I AM BORED, when re-arranged?
Old 9th January 2008, 03:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure aston Martin chaps are not stupid to let DC do up a prototype for them. It was for what designing skils, creativity and experience that he has had.
I dont mean to belittle what DC has achieved, but lets set the record straight here: he DID NOT design the Aston concept, he just BUILT the proto that's it, ok? And Aston didn't come to him for his DESIGN skills OR creativity (prototyping experience, maybe, but not design experience), he just built them the damn thing for 1/10 th of what it would have cost them outside.

And speaking of BMW running gear with a custom body, has anyone seen or heard of this Russian Volga V12??

Volga V12 BMW 850 hybrid photos, Pobeda GAZ M20 new russian retro cars pictures

Now THAT's brilliant!!
Old 9th January 2008, 07:18   #56
Senior - BHPian

I feel DC should have built something for aam junta and then slowly built up to a premium brand.

Hell, the status concius people in India are refusing to pay 15 lakhs for Hyundai...will they pay 4 cr for a DC?
Old 9th January 2008, 08:46   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

So since this is openly inspired (?) by the Amby, would there be any legalities to be looked into? Copyright infringements perhaps? Im sure HM wouldnt be too thrilled about it.
Old 9th January 2008, 09:29   #58
Senior - BHPian

BTW is the car going to be cheaper if bought ouside india??

the reason most of the guys are comparing it with lambo or RR because for this money we get a lambo or RR in india
but outside india lambo and RR will cost half as that much(as the duties are far less)(well in am talking of countries like US dubai etc)...that means is DC selling it for double the price these cars outside india??

Last edited by AMATMO : 9th January 2008 at 09:30.
Old 9th January 2008, 09:30   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay_ambre View Post
looks cool. Do you guys remember the movie "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? Do you remember Nasiruddin Shah's car in it? I dont know why, but seeing the image i was reminded of that movie
sooo true!!!
Old 9th January 2008, 10:00   #60
BHPian

Guys, this is not so difficult to understand. I am sure the concept of concept cars is not so strange to most of you.

The Ambierod is a concept. Build a hot rod which basically looks the the AMby - that is anyday a great idea.

But a concept hotrod is not for you to buy. It is often not for anyone to buy at all.

He will build it, show it off, gain some publicity, and get a lot more contracts for other cheaper, practical designs.

That is the idea. 4 crore is nothing for a concept. That is because nobody is gonna buy it - and he doesnt't expect anyone to. A compact car concept might cost 4 crores. Don't go by what the reporters of newspapers say - they get confused talking to him, and write rubbish. He probably already has a single confirmed buyer for the Ambierod. So he is not going to lose any money either.

It is a concept. Look at it and like it or dislike it. its not meant to be on sale in the showroom!

Most Viewed