Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 22:01   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics: DC Ambierod & Super Car

2008 AUTO EXPO TO UNVEIL RS 4 CR LUXURY CAR
The Financial Express (Delhi Print Edition)

New Delhi: The 2008 Auto Expo will be a show of diversity both in terms of prices as well as designing. Apart from the much talked about Tatas Rs 1-lakh car, which has been expectedly designed in Italy, the show will also see the unveiling of the Rs 4-crore luxury car called Ambierod, designed in India by Dilip Chhabria Design Ltd (DCD). With an exterior look of the iconic Ambassador, Ambierod will be powered by a V-12 BMW engine and will have the highly modified chassis of BMW. "To be showcased at the Auto Expo as a concept car and with a focus to draw the attention of OEMs, we expect to sell over 10 units of it this year," says Dilip Chhabria, managing director, DCD, adding that it will be sold for around Rs 4 crore inclusive of at least 40% margin.

hey guys what would be the fate of this car.so this auto expo will be witnessing indias cheapest as well as indias costliest car for the first time.any takers for it.does anybody have a photo of the same.

ram

Last edited by normally_crazy : 5th January 2008 at 23:07. Reason: Do not use formatting. Read the rules
Old 5th January 2008, 22:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

What Asteriod I would rather buy a RR or Maybach then buy something made by DC, and that also this costly.

I doubt it would even sell one leave alone 10.
Old 5th January 2008, 23:23   #3
BHPian

Oh No !!!

I think no one in this country would buy such a product from DC , WHY ?? WHY ?? has the Rolls Royce company pulled down its shutters ?? or every other multi crore car maker has vanished ?? i mean , why would i buy this car when we have Rolls , Merc , bugatti ,porsche etc etc etc ... ??

Why is he doing it ?? i still remember , around four years back , i was at the auto expo in DC 's stall , there was a CBZ on display with some fairings , a very average mod i must say , that mod was offered by DC , he required your bike for the mod , and guys , he asked a whoooping Rs. 1.75 lac for the mod , just two pairs of fairings for 1.75 lac ??? come on man !
Old 5th January 2008, 23:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

DC and 4 crore luxury car? Where's the pedigree, the heritage & the history? Asteroid share's it's history with Tarzan the wonder car

Anyways would like to know what our DC has done to our Amby exterior.
Old 6th January 2008, 00:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

is this supposed to be a joke???

come on - 4C's for a DC product and target of 10 for the year - this is definitely a joke!!!
Old 6th January 2008, 01:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

People usually pick up Ambassadors and Fiats and put BMW logos on them but here we have a BMW made to look like an ambassador. Id love to see the final product though I think I would put my money elsewhere.
Old 6th January 2008, 01:06   #7
BHPian

to add.. I found this on an article on the net... "In the Rs 4-crore price range, the Ambierod carries an automated instrumental panel backed by satellite navigation system, rear vision camera, three LCD televisions, internet and videoconferencing-enabled flat bed and multi-coloured mood lighting. It will be the first car in India having all these features in a single product."

Sat nav : 10,000 Rs
3 lcd TVs: 45,000 Rs
Rear vision camera : 8,000 Rs

The look on the owner's face when the wheel caps fall off: priceless

real VFM. lol
Old 6th January 2008, 01:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

So much for BMW fans crying against 'bangle butt' designs!
Old 6th January 2008, 03:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Guys! it is ambierod (ambassador + hotrod)!

And if DC is trying to dedicate this thing to grandma amby.. why doesn't he do something on the same amby platform & the same engine (or something better). I know he's designed one on the amby platform, but maybe something different and better this time. It could have been a two seater sportscar at 10-15 lakhs.

Chinkara used the amby's 1.8 isuzu engine so we know it has some juice.
Old 6th January 2008, 14:54   #10
BANNED

Drama in Real Life

Tax paying citizen:- Huh?? That lecherous politician has spent 4 crores from our hard earned money and purchased a super luxury car!!!

Lecherous Politician:- Oh no, this is just an ordinary ambassador, I have just applied a bit extra wax and some teflon coating so that it is shiny. The difference in shape?? That is coz those d@mn3d security people have put in a bit of bullet proofing; it is the huji and naxals you know??? Poor public servants like me have nowhere to hide, you know!!!! After all, it is a mere amby!!!
Old 6th January 2008, 15:55   #11
BHPian

hahaha 4 crores DC designed car with BMW V-12 engine.I feel soooo funny.
Old 6th January 2008, 16:45   #12
BHPian

This is one of the rare times that I am at an absolute lack of words!
Old 6th January 2008, 17:46   #13
BHPian

Looks like our own Rudraji has competition at last. But my money is on Rudraji. I am sure his Amby will win hands down. It after all has heritage...

Rajan
Old 6th January 2008, 18:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Remember Peugeot 207 advt? They need to redo that Advt now!
Old 6th January 2008, 18:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

If there was a " Automotive Joke of the Year Award" at the Expo, guess who will be getting it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks